#1 Edited by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

On the last Radio Show I threw out the idea that I'd love to have Whiskey Media designed arcade tokens. had left the room by then; I haven't heard any more about it since. ;)

It's straightforward but pricey to get a custom batch of tokens minted for myself, given the high minimum runs. I just have the one cabinet, so three or four rolls is more than adequate. Really I just want to fill up one of those coin dispenser belts and pretend I'm the arcade dude. "Three bucks... *kachik-kachik-kachik*"

Recently I got to thinking about what motto the currency in WhiskeyNation would have. Then I remembered I'm bloody awful with latin. So hey let's crowdsource something. The translation can be more dumb than accurate, but if you know your latin do mention it!

E Pluribomb Unum Astrum - From Many Bombs, One Star.

#2 Posted by Red12b (9074 posts) -

love the idea, you probably should have named the thread something more indicative of it's meaning as im not sure a bunch of latin will give you many replies, but nevertheless...

"Caveat emptor"

"The buyer beware"

"Cuique suum"

"To each his own"

"deus ex machina"

"god out of the machine"

Veni, vidi, vici

#3 Posted by Swoxx (2988 posts) -

E pluribus anus

#4 Posted by selbie (1841 posts) -

est probabiliter urina - It's probably urine

non emere a rota - Don't buy a wheel

#5 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

@Brackynews: You, dear boy, think too small.

Unfortunately I spent the past half hour looking for some sort of text wrapping tool and failed miserably, so it sort of looks like ass right now, but hopefully you get the idea.

In other words, ask to make a better one.

Online
#6 Posted by Red12b (9074 posts) -

@dudeglove said:

@Brackynews: You, dear boy, think too small.

Unfortunately I spent the past half hour looking for some sort of text wrapping tool and failed miserably, so it sort of looks like ass right now, but hopefully you get the idea.

In other words, ask to make a better one.

You're wonderful, you know that right

#7 Edited by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

@dudeglove: Already asked Buzz some time ago. Busy man. ;)

Meanwhile I say a quiet prayer of thanks that you didn't go for the WSCF right out the gate. ;p

@Red12b: Mainly I wanted there to be a Google result for the phrase. Done deal now. ;D

#8 Posted by dudeglove (7684 posts) -

@Brackynews: I had briefly thought about it, but it's high time I terrorized the staff and the forum with something different.

Online
#9 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

In Brad We Trust

#10 Posted by Example1013 (4834 posts) -

Seize the Dave

#11 Posted by Godot (208 posts) -

@Red12b said:

love the idea, you probably should have named the thread something more indicative of it's meaning as im not sure a bunch of latin will give you many replies, but nevertheless...

"Caveat emptor"

"The buyer beware"

"Cuique suum"

"To each his own"

"deus ex machina"

"god out of the machine"

Veni, vidi, vici

How could you miss the obvious joke of Vinni, vidi, vici? :D

#12 Posted by Red12b (9074 posts) -

@Godot said:

@Red12b said:

love the idea, you probably should have named the thread something more indicative of it's meaning as im not sure a bunch of latin will give you many replies, but nevertheless...

"Caveat emptor"

"The buyer beware"

"Cuique suum"

"To each his own"

"deus ex machina"

"god out of the machine"

Veni, vidi, vici

How could you miss the obvious joke of Vinni, vidi, vici? :D

I was hoping that someone would pick up on it, so, well done to you.

#13 Posted by nintendoeats (5975 posts) -

Nunquam es non Batman -------Never be not Batman

#14 Posted by Jimbo (9772 posts) -

@Example1013 said:

Seize the Dave

Well played.

#15 Posted by Dagbiker (6939 posts) -

Always Be Gaming

Et Tu Nintendo.

#16 Posted by DefaultProphet (374 posts) -

I dunno about the motto but the faces should be the Giant Bomb and the Luchadeer

#17 Posted by Sjupp (1910 posts) -

THIS THREAD IS GOING PLACES

#18 Edited by Brackynews (4045 posts) -

VINNI VIDI VICI VIGI

@Godot: Vinny looked and conquered video games. ;)

@Example1013 said:

Seize the Dave

Carpe Duderem

@DefaultProphet: See, every time I think about doing a mockup, I keep coming back to Whiskey logo on the tails side, chat dragon on the heads.

Of course if it was pennies, Jeff would be on heads with Tom Nook on tails. MAH MONEY!

#19 Posted by ShaggE (6320 posts) -

Ego sum a veneficus quod ut vultus fucked sursum.

Ut totus Hulkamaniacs sicco illic... ut quis... ughhh.

#20 Posted by Cynically_Happy (50 posts) -

E pluribus Unibomb...wait something seems wrong about that last part

#21 Posted by B0nd07 (1697 posts) -

Here are a few ideas I threw together. Still working on things like a Luchadeer one, the reverse, and various text.