Avatar image for lonelyspacepanda
LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By LonelySpacePanda

Even though I am paying attention to all the websites covering E3, I am seeing little coverage of games that weren't part of any press conference, sequel to already successful title, or previously announced/upcoming.  As some of you might remember, Half-Life was once the little title that could.  Same with many other great games.  So where are these games this year, and what are your picks if you have any?

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By LonelySpacePanda
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Al3xand3r
The Crystal Bearers. It was @ a conference (I'll remove if it disqualifies in your opinion) but it seems almost NOBODY decided to go hands-on.

Tom_H

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tom_H

For me, the game of E3 that wasn't covered in a press conference was the Monkey Island episodic games and the remake of the original. Man there hasn't been a new MI game since 2001 and I never completed the original game.

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By LonelySpacePanda

I'm worried about that one.  I've never been a fan of Telltale games, but that might be because I'm not a fan of the remakes they've done.  So things could go either way, being I loved the Monkey Island series.  I would much rather have a high budget epic Monkey Island.  All those Telltale games feel episodic (because they are) and I'm just not sure if Monkey Island can be exciting when put on a budget like that.  We'll see.  But I agree they have floated under the radar which seems strange.

LonelySpacePanda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By LonelySpacePanda
TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By TheKidNixon
trotchky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By trotchky
nixium

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By nixium

Maybe Brink?

Alex_V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10  Edited By Alex_V

It also seems to me that the smaller or leftfield titles are suffering this year. The highlights of the E3 coverage last year for me were Noby Noby Boy, Flower and Fat Princess - I don't see the equivalents this year. Perhaps that's the problem with the return to the big conference feel - the smaller titles simply get swallowed up in the crowd.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By penguindust

In addition to the above mentioned Scribblenauts, I've been following a few other titles not getting much hype...

• Quantum is Tecmo's forth coming action game which looks like a combination of Gears of War and Ninja Giaden.  There is a new trailer out now and some gameplay.  It has me intrigued.  The title could go completely generic rip off or it could turn out to be something more.  I don't know yet, but I'm curious to see how it progresses.
  • The Agency is the glitzy spy MMO which promises to move quickly and avoid all the waiting for group commonly associated with some MMOs.  Check out the three part walkthrough at Gamertrailers.  The game is looking very good and could work very well on the console.
  • Magna Carta 2 is a great looking JRPG which kind of reminds me of Star Ocean.  This one is coming to the 360.
  • Arcania is an action RPG set in a standard medieval setting, but if you enjoyed the Elder Scrolls, this looks like it might please you, too. 
  • Aliens vs Predator is a FPS game that is pretty much what you'd expect from the title.  But it is shaping up pretty well. 
  • Nostalgia is a DS JRPG set at the turn of the 20th Century with action and exploration as a focus.  Check out the "Man-God's" press pitch on Gametrailers.
  • Warhammer 40K: Space Marines.  This trailer came out a few days before E3 started and it's still worth mentioning.

I'm not sure any or all of these games will be good when they finally hit store shelves.  Who can say that really?  But, they are higher on my radar now and I'll be following their development closer than I might have had I not been impressed by their showing at this year's E3.
freezerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By freezerr

Scribblenauts and Alpha Protocol.

get2sammyb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By get2sammyb

For me, even though it did generate attention, I don't think Uncharted 2 got enough discussion really. That game is essentially quantum leaps above other games in terms of story, voice acting, character development, animation and tech. It's like a movie.

TheKidNixon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By TheKidNixon
@get2sammyb said:
" For me, even though it did generate attention, I don't think Uncharted 2 got enough discussion really. That game is essentially quantum leaps above other games in terms of story, voice acting, animation and tech. "
I will say that between the Uncharted series and Heavy Rain (which oddly also feels like a lesser talked about game, given the press buzz around it), I'm happy to finally see stories in games that I as a gamer am not embarrassed by.