E3 Blackout

matthew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By matthew

In the age of micro-blogs, tweets, AudioBoo, and live journal, information is so quickly spread, the instant it leaks is the instant everybody knows about it, whether it be true or false. 

I'm kinda of the mind to almost go on a media blackout until E3.  Well, most things having to do with games that is.  I see headlines where E3 is mentioned, or even 'in the next few weeks' and I instantly skip over it, trying not to let the subject of the header sink into my mind.  I like the surprises when it comes time for our beloved E3 rolls its head around, and the occasional megaton (FFXIII to 360) that nobody knows about is something that I actually want to be surprised by..

It's prolly just me ranting, but I just want to go into it blindly, ready and expecting everything, with no prior knowledge.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Diamond

I think the actual facts are going to be pretty tightly controlled (no leaks).  Every year tons of rumors go around about what will show up at E3, and always 98% of them are false anyways.

If you're going to do a gaming news blackout, do it for the right reasons.  Spending all day looking up videogame news is time consuming, and E3 will present more in a single week than probably 9 months of regular gaming news.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By penguindust

I wrote about this here.  But, I'm not doing the blackout thing.  I'll still check a handful of sites daily for the latest gaming news in general.  I'm putting the onus on the publishers to try and keep a lid on their projects.  I don't know if anyone will spill the beans like they did last year, but I have hopes that while rumors will circulate, documented reveals will be kept secret until the convention.  I kind of like the hypothetical before the conference, I just don't want the factual until the big show has begun.