E3 is coming back to what it once was!6Y4T6

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Snail

I am sorry about the title my cat stepped on to the fucking keyboard.

Looking past the source of this I am glad to say that E3 2009 will be an epic expo. It will go back to what it was back in 2006.

And that is AWESOME!

But apparently it won't be open to public, which sucks. Especially now that it was moved to June and I (and just about everyone) could attend it, since it is summer vacations.

"June 2 through Thursday, June 4, E3 2009 will again be held at the LACC, but this time the venue will play host to "tens of thousands" of attendees instead of the 5,000 or so that went to the invite-only events of 2007 and 2008."

Anyway this is good news since it should be bigger than ever before! Apparently the committee or whatever realized that making it smaller wasn't such a good idea, s that is why they moved it back to LA in 2008. But since that didn't work and it only gave us the capability to compare the before and after, they decided that E3 2009 should be something of EPIC proportions. I am happy. :D
OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By OGCartman

Let us hope it dose.
Last year was a big letdown (LOL NINTENDO!)

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Snail
Cartman said:
"Let us hope it dose.
Last year was a big letdown (LOL NINTENDO!)"
Funny thing is: when he posted this, I still hadn't edited my post. Which means people like to comment on blank and retarded threads made by cats.
daniel_beck_90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By daniel_beck_90

yeah E3 needed this , the 2008 expo was a disaster 

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Pibo47

If this is true. ROCK ON I AM GOING TO E3!

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Snail
Pibo47 said:
"If this is true. ROCK ON I AM GOING TO E3!"
Are you press? If not you can't, read the thread.
brukaoru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#7  Edited By brukaoru

I think it's a step in the right direction, even if the public still isn't allowed to go, it's much better to expand it. No use spending so much money just for a few top industry people. Letting more press in is a good idea.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By crunchUK

yes and less about ZOMG WERE AWESOME and more about the gamesss and new stuff and new consoles

Hamz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By Hamz

PAX, TGS, Leipzig all are open to the public and the industry professionals and have had great success because of it. I think the argument that conventions like E3 need to be more focused on catering to the industry is fair but pointless. Its the players who buy the games from the industry and essentially make or break a games success, not the industry itself, so i think its a good idea that E3 opens its doors to the public again. Because at the end of the day its the public, the players, who they need to be advertising and promoting the game to because its us who buy the games.

However i do think that they might need to have a few days for industry only so they get their fair share of coverage of the various games at E3 and then open the doors to the public afterwards.

OGCartman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#10  Edited By OGCartman
Snail said:
"Cartman said:
"Let us hope it dose.
Last year was a big letdown (LOL NINTENDO!)"
Funny thing is: when he posted this, I still hadn't edited my post. Which means people like to comment on blank and retarded threads made by cats."
Naw, i saw a thread about E3 "coming back to what it used to be" at gamespot.
And i knew what was happening to E3 :)
Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Snail
Hamz said:
"PAX, TGS, Leipzig all are open to the public and the industry professionals and have had great success because of it. I think the argument that conventions like E3 need to be more focused on catering to the industry is fair but pointless. Its the players who buy the games from the industry and essentially make or break a games success, not the industry itself, so i think its a good idea that E3 opens its doors to the public again. Because at the end of the day its the public, the players, who they need to be advertising and promoting the game to because its us who buy the games.

However i do think that they might need to have a few days for industry only so they get their fair share of coverage of the various games at E3 and then open the doors to the public afterwards."
Isn't it ironic how the greatest Expo of them all (by far) is now closed to public... Seriously, I don't know what goes in their minds.
Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Pibo47
Snail said:
"Pibo47 said:
Are you press? If not you can't, read the thread."
Sorta kinda, i work for the press...so that means if i can talk my boss to sending someone to E3, i could go with! wootness!
Lunarbunny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Lunarbunny

Five years ago I would have done all sorts of things to go to E3, but PAX is now my destination of choice. Not to say I wouldn't go if given the chance.

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Snail
Pibo47 said:
"Snail said:
"Pibo47 said:
Are you press? If not you can't, read the thread."
Sorta kinda, i work for the press...so that means if i can talk my boss to sending someone to E3, i could go with! wootness!"
What kind of press? Like magazine? If so what kind of magazine? Just curious.
Karmum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15  Edited By Karmum

Sounds great, stinks it isn't open to the public. Then again, I don't live in LA so either way this wouldn't help me. They should totally do it in NY for a few years, especially a year or so after I get out of HS. >_>

Snail

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Snail
Karmum said:
"Sounds great, stinks it isn't open to the public. Then again, I don't live in LA so either way this wouldn't help me. They should totally do it in NY for a few years, especially a year or so after I get out of HS. >_>"
It would be chaotic in NY. O.o