#1 Posted by damnboyadvance (4059 posts) -

Once upon a time, there was an amazing trade show that everybody who was a real gamer had to attend. But around 2006 and 2007, some bad people had the idea of making it a media summit and screw the trade show idea. Well, it happened. And that's why only around 5,000 can come to E3 and why some day in the future, E3 will become exctint. Crappy story, huh? No really, this is what happened. This is why E3 is losing popularity. This is probably one reason why Activision and many other companies left. I mean, what the hell is this?

#2 Posted by Wolswor (201 posts) -

Uhh...actually the old E3 seemed more about booth babes and VIP shows than the games..so no, this E3 is better.

#3 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -
Wolswor said:
"Uhh...actually the old E3 seemed more about booth babes and VIP shows than the games..so no, this E3 is better.
"
No it's not.
#4 Posted by Vlademir (1029 posts) -

This E3 is less crowded and lets people give better interviews. It's maybe not as big and hectic but it's more informative and probably a little less stressful for the devs.

#5 Posted by DualReaver (3882 posts) -
Vlademir said:
"This E3 is less crowded and lets people give better interviews. It's maybe not as big and hectic but it's more informative and probably a little less stressful for the devs.
"
Maybe,
Perhaps was the fact that it was just a shit E3 this year that it made seem like the new format was bad.
But I think it's a little sad gamers lost their big convention, you know?
#6 Posted by Aaron_G (1611 posts) -

I don't care how big E3 is. I get what I want out of the event news on games.

#7 Posted by Termite (2398 posts) -
DualReaver said:
"Vlademir said:
"This E3 is less crowded and lets people give better interviews. It's maybe not as big and hectic but it's more informative and probably a little less stressful for the devs.
"
Maybe,
Perhaps was the fact that it was just a shit E3 this year that it made seem like the new format was bad.
But I think it's a little sad gamers lost their big convention, you know?
"
TGS, is getting bigger.

Maybe that'll be the new "Old" E3

But you know, it sort of represents a trend in the gaming community. We're going from the minority group to the mainstream and one of the sacrifices we have to make is that the industry is going to be a bit more serious.

I don't like it, believe me I don't. But it's not just E3 that is showing the effects of it...
#8 Posted by Will1Lucky (408 posts) -

I still think Leipzig is the future, hopefully I will be able to attend next year.

#9 Posted by DarkLegend (1387 posts) -

I like this new E3 better. The old was too crowded.

#10 Posted by greennoodles (404 posts) -

The problem with E3 isnt that it's scaled back, it's that no companies care about it anymore because it's scaled back. E3 gets no big announcements (except FF13) due to the fact that so few people are there.

#11 Posted by xplodedd (1316 posts) -

this year its more focused on the games which is good imo.

#12 Posted by Locke (330 posts) -
xplodedd said:
"this year its more focused on the games which is good imo.
"
Actually the press conferences seemed to focus less on games and more on business.
#13 Posted by sizu (391 posts) -

Whats the most important aspect of E3?  The games.  As long as the games are there then E3 is a success.  It does seem that the new E3 needs refined, but going back to the full blown circus parade of previous times perhaps isn't the answer.

#14 Posted by epic_pets (1339 posts) -

Yea it went really down hill

#15 Posted by HazBazz (1901 posts) -

If you're only looking at E3 as a big crazy light show, you're doing it wrong. Its all about the games, and the great games are still there, getting more coverage than ever. You still have TGS as the crazy party, and maybe evern Leipzig.

#17 Posted by banksrob (1126 posts) -

e3 itself is not what i believe was the  problem this year, It was just a poor e3 by the developers and the publishers. Nintendo especially ; ;

#18 Posted by TheGTAvaccine (2884 posts) -

It only went downhill IMO because the games showed just werent up to big-announcement standards.