#1 Edited by shell_kracker (71 posts) -
#2 Edited by JasonR86 (9372 posts) -
#3 Posted by Example1013 (4749 posts) -
#4 Posted by Yummylee (20561 posts) -

I shoulda known that damned Giant Bomb.com was up to no good, those morally bankrupt sonsabitches.

#5 Edited by shell_kracker (71 posts) -
@jasonr86 said:

@shell_kracker:

You're link doesn't lead to anything dude.

I don't know why, but Giantbomb has a weird link system, where you can't enter a URL parameter - really annoying.

So I've just posted the URL in the post instead.

#6 Posted by shell_kracker (71 posts) -

@yummylee: I have no idea whether Giantbomb is linked to the industry financially or not, but it seems alright - this will mainly be about the more 'traditional' review sites.

#8 Posted by JasonR86 (9372 posts) -

@example1013: @shell_kracker:

Cool. Thanks for the links dudes. That site looks shady as shit. Plus they don't really say anything about who this apparent spammer is except that they give the username. I googled the username and, in a quick search (I'll be honest I looked at the first page of results), and all of the links went to different forums that linked to this shady fucking site. The exclusive interview looked weird and fabricated. There's no way for the reader to substantiate the information given. This shit looks fake as can be.

#9 Posted by Example1013 (4749 posts) -

@jasonr86: It's not like a scam site or anything. Past that I couldn't care less, I'm just up at 3:30 and don't have a ton of stuff to do so I took 5 seconds to make sure it's not a spam site and to fix the link.

#10 Edited by JasonR86 (9372 posts) -

@jasonr86: It's not like a scam site or anything. Past that I couldn't care less, I'm just up at 3:30 and don't have a ton of stuff to do so I took 5 seconds to make sure it's not a spam site and to fix the link.

Yeah, it's not. It doesn't look even remotely reputable though.

#11 Edited by MariachiMacabre (6937 posts) -

Yeah this is a fucking joke website, guys. Look at the main page. It's The Video Game Onion, essentially. Jesus Christ, people.

#12 Posted by shell_kracker (71 posts) -

@example1013: That's what I see. Anyway, it's hardly a big deal, since I don't post here much. I'm used to vBullitin and stuff.

#13 Posted by Nictel (2312 posts) -
#14 Posted by Example1013 (4749 posts) -

@shell_kracker: Well uhh...sorry? Maybe try a different browser, as this is what I have:

#15 Posted by TangoUp (309 posts) -

It's not uncommon. It's called search engine management. Even scammers hire these people to push negative (true) stories about them back to the nether pages of google search results.

Or to post positive reviews on Amazon. Ever see those one line 5 star reviews?

#16 Posted by ripelivejam (2786 posts) -

THERE'S BARIUM IN HER HAIR etc

#17 Edited by shell_kracker (71 posts) -

@example: I guess you should be sorry ;-) 'Bad at reading' my ass.

Anyway on topic - looks like I got hoodwinked - that site is probably a spoof - everyone falls for the odd one.

But @ the bloke above him: there is nothing conspiratorial about knowing the gaming press is often tied down by needing to satisfy publishers and advertising revenue.

#18 Posted by Meltac (1901 posts) -

That site actually has some pretty funny headlines.

"PETA Says Virtual Whaling in Assassin’s Creed 4 is a Gateway Drug That Will Lead to Actual Whaling"

#19 Posted by Alekss (327 posts) -

Their english is too good

#20 Posted by TheHT (10274 posts) -

@alekss said:

Their english is too good

aliens.

#21 Edited by coakroach (2478 posts) -

That article was madness, that website is madness.

This whole thing is madness.

#22 Edited by Morrow (1828 posts) -

@meltac said:

That site actually has some pretty funny headlines.

"PETA Says Virtual Whaling in Assassin’s Creed 4 is a Gateway Drug That Will Lead to Actual Whaling"

The internet has become a dangerous place... so much stupidity.

#23 Posted by Akyho (1549 posts) -

The site is a hoax, the story is made up and if anyone was a Chinese spammer its the Op.

#24 Posted by Bollard (5025 posts) -

The top comment on that article is glorious.

#25 Posted by ShockD (2381 posts) -
#26 Posted by Fattony12000 (6351 posts) -

#27 Edited by Pr1mus (3512 posts) -

Alright i read the thing... i should be outraged right, that's how things work?

#29 Posted by Turambar (6484 posts) -

Anyway on topic - looks like I got hoodwinked - that site is probably a spoof - everyone falls for the odd one.

But @ the bloke above him: there is nothing conspiratorial about knowing the gaming press is often tied down by needing to satisfy publishers and advertising revenue.

There's a whole lot of hearsay and rumors on that subject, and rarely any actual substantiated evidence regarding it. It's plenty conspiratorial.

#30 Edited by doublestandards (16 posts) -

"an exclusive interview"

then proceeds to post a chat log with a random username making false claims.

amazing gaming journalism there

#31 Posted by Fearbeard (801 posts) -

Do your research on a site before posting shit like this acting like it's real.

One click to the main page shows that none of it's stories are trying to be legitimate. There is a reason none of the main gaming websites are posting about this, and it has nothing to do with EA advertising money.

#32 Posted by MildMolasses (3194 posts) -

I guess to reiterate, THAT SITE IS SATIRE!!!!!!!!!

#33 Edited by twigger89 (275 posts) -

Video game sites make it very clear with where they get their advertising money from, I think it is hard to call foul play when they are so transparent about it.

#34 Posted by vegetashonor (540 posts) -

Ppl need to know this is a FAKE gaming website for news. Much like the Onion.

#35 Edited by ArtisanBreads (3595 posts) -

Gaming fan's industry conspiracy theories are just hilarious.

I wonder why we haven't seen all Brad's gold rings, or his mansion from all the review pay off money he gets.

#36 Posted by Zebracal (74 posts) -

Viral marketing at its finest!

#37 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -

#38 Posted by MedalOfMode (294 posts) -

Chinese Spammers o.o

#39 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Lol look at the front page, its a joke website.