#1 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -
#2 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Real Madrid are so over powered. I'd say atleast 90% of the players are using them.

#3 Posted by Jack268 (3387 posts) -

"Over 400,000 people watching" is very misleading, the channel has 400,000 views in total, not concurrent.

#4 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Jack268 said:

"Over 400,000 people watching" is very misleading, the channel has 400,000 views in total, not concurrent.

Oops my bad, thought it was a bit high =). Plus the prize money is actually 140,000 for the winner of the FIFA tournament.

#5 Posted by Patman99 (1558 posts) -

Wow, that commentary is great. I thought it was the in-game stuff complete with British guy and everything and then he said the players name and my mind was blown.

#6 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@Patman99: Yea more exciting than the real deal commentators in the EPL.

#7 Edited by JacDG (2113 posts) -

Man, those people looks like they are playing like shit, and I bet they are 100 times better than I am. Sports games are perhaps not the most interesting from an Esports perspective, I'd get the same amount of excitement from watching some of my mates play.

#8 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

That Ronaldo goal was quite good at that level, I saw it coming all the way, but still.

#9 Posted by Brodehouse (9581 posts) -

Hah! Fuck the haters, video game culture forever.

#10 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

@JacDG said:

That Ronaldo goal was quite good at that level, I saw it coming all the way, but still.

Yeah that was class, was good seeing a game that wasn't real vs real for once.

@JacDG said:

Man, those people looks like they are playing like shit, and I bet they are 100 times better than I am. Sports games are perhaps not the most interesting from an Esports perspective, I'd get the same amount of excitement from watching some of my mates play.

Not really, it's just that there is things like physics, pressure and fatigue in FIFA, so you can't really become the perfect player because errors happen. I enjoy the randomness that happens in FIFA. Plus the real good players are the great defenders. But they should really ban Real Madrid from these tournaments, Ronaldo is super human in this game, would encourage more variety as well.

Semi final time, then the finals big money on the line from here. I think the top 4 all make 8k minimum.

#11 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Translation fail! Who would of though Jack_Bauer was French.

Hope Jack_Bauer takes the 140,000k just for having the most ridiculous name.

#12 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

Hah, loved the translation issues!

@Bourbon_Warrior said:

@JacDG said:

Not really, it's just that there is things like physics, pressure and fatigue in FIFA, so you can't really become the perfect player because errors happen. I enjoy the randomness that happens in FIFA. Plus the real good players are the great defenders.

Sure, I guess I just like when I can see how good the players actually are compared to people I usually play with/against, which is difficult in Fifa, since most games where two good players meet up, will look relatively similar. The randomness is a cool element though, it can certainly change the dynamics of a match completely.

#13 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

No Americans left, even better! I'm going to root for the Swedish dude, just to support my Scandinavian brethren.

#14 Edited by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

This guy is so cocky lol "Everyone is easy!"

#15 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

Haha missed penalty. DEAL WITH IT!

#16 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

Crazy end to that half!

#17 Posted by Bourbon_Warrior (4523 posts) -

40k for the runner up. Dayummmm

#18 Posted by JacDG (2113 posts) -

Yeah, Swedish guy!