Earn my $60 with a minute of your time... halfemptyenerygtank.com

gamedismantler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

Edited By gamedismantler

The video game trailer could be the minute and a half of a game that makes you spend your cash. It’s got to be entertaining on it’s own and yet sell you a game that you’ll be spending hours to months of time experiencing. Condensing the feeling of a game even just a 5 hour long game into that kind of time requires a talent most game designers don’t have.

Yesterday Activision released the trailer for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, a game that probably wouldn’t even need a trailer to be successful. But for myself it was odd that it actually has me interested in the title now. I haven’t played a CoD game since the original Modern Warfare and honestly the original for PC is still my favorite one. I don’t care for shooters in general but this is on my list to watch now. Sometimes even the most successful franchise needs this marketing ploy to garner a new audience or bring back an old one. 

Earlier this year a game came out of nowhere that really got the entire industry buzzing about it with a well made trailer. Dead Island had only been heard about once before at E3 ’06 and well it didn’t exactly blow anyone’s mind. Years later Techland comes out with this trailer and drives everyone insane.

Finally at last years E3, Bioware released this fantastic ad for their new MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic, another series and genre I could care less about. But they certainly got my attention with this trailer. Does this even show how you’ll be playing the game, since it’s an MMO and all? Probably not but it’s on my radar now, which is all thanks to this great trailer.   

These are the best and some aren’t even done by the developers themselves. The star wars one for example was done by an outside team of artist. There are a lot more examples of horrible or boring trailers but lets not look at that right now. I want to hear about the trailer that turned a game around for you and how and why it excited you?   

halfemptyenergytank.com 

gamedismantler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By gamedismantler

The video game trailer could be the minute and a half of a game that makes you spend your cash. It’s got to be entertaining on it’s own and yet sell you a game that you’ll be spending hours to months of time experiencing. Condensing the feeling of a game even just a 5 hour long game into that kind of time requires a talent most game designers don’t have.

Yesterday Activision released the trailer for Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3, a game that probably wouldn’t even need a trailer to be successful. But for myself it was odd that it actually has me interested in the title now. I haven’t played a CoD game since the original Modern Warfare and honestly the original for PC is still my favorite one. I don’t care for shooters in general but this is on my list to watch now. Sometimes even the most successful franchise needs this marketing ploy to garner a new audience or bring back an old one. 

Earlier this year a game came out of nowhere that really got the entire industry buzzing about it with a well made trailer. Dead Island had only been heard about once before at E3 ’06 and well it didn’t exactly blow anyone’s mind. Years later Techland comes out with this trailer and drives everyone insane.

Finally at last years E3, Bioware released this fantastic ad for their new MMO Star Wars: The Old Republic, another series and genre I could care less about. But they certainly got my attention with this trailer. Does this even show how you’ll be playing the game, since it’s an MMO and all? Probably not but it’s on my radar now, which is all thanks to this great trailer.   

These are the best and some aren’t even done by the developers themselves. The star wars one for example was done by an outside team of artist. There are a lot more examples of horrible or boring trailers but lets not look at that right now. I want to hear about the trailer that turned a game around for you and how and why it excited you?   

halfemptyenergytank.com 

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By ThePhantomnaut

The Old Republic trailers were trash and horribly misleading.

Cloudenvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Cloudenvy
There's never really been one single trailer that has turned me around on a game.  

Also, I won't click any of your links.
nintendoeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By nintendoeats

The only source of information that I use when deciding to spend money is reviews. I rarely watch trailers.

shinigami420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By shinigami420

Wait i am confused  

also the old republic trailers where fucking shit 

ThePhantomnaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By ThePhantomnaut
@shinigami420 said:
Wait i am confused   also the old republic trailers where fucking shit 
They were not Blizzard amazing though and to build hype with a game that looks completely different is just disappointing.
Subjugation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Subjugation

I thought you were going to pay me $60 for doing something that only took a minute. 

Really, I am.
 Really, I am.
gamedismantler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By gamedismantler

@cloudenvy Not going to click on my links? Then why even mention it? Thats about the snootiest thing someone could say. Just disregard them if you don't intend to click. It's an option not a demand.  

@nintendoeats What about this coming E3 though? You won't be watching any trailers to see what is coming out? The trailers at E3 or at any other announcement of a game is usually the first taste of the game and usually when people figure out if they will follow how it goes and decide if they even care about the review in the first place.

Agent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Agent47
@weeman105 said:
I thought you were going to pay me $60 for doing something that only took a minute. 
 Really, I am.
 Really, I am.
Evilsbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By Evilsbane

@weeman105 said:

Really, I am.
Really, I am.

That dudes neck is like my fucking waist.