#1 Edited by chan05 (318 posts) -

Hi folks,

while doing a student exchange in Scotland I became a huge fan of the EDGE magazine. For those who don't know it: http://www.edge-online.com/. In my opinion (and I have read a lot of gaming magazines) this is by far the best gaming magazine out there. However it is a british magazine which means getting the magazine outside of the UK is kind of hard. However I just realized that on http://www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/gaming/edge-magazine-back-issues/ you can order the current issue (and some back issues) for the standard retail price, without any shipping costs. I bought the current issue and they sent it to Germany for the same price (5 pound) I paid in Scotland at WH Smith! I don't know why they are not charging any shipping costs on single issues (because for a yearly subscription they include almost 30 pound shipping costs!?). So if you interrested in reading a high quality gaming magazine go ahead and order yourself the current issue. With free delivery you can't go wrong.

#2 Posted by randiolo (1090 posts) -

Print is dead, unfortunately. God knows i spent endless amounts for money on gaming mags and car mags when i was younger, its just as soon as its printed, its obsolete.

#3 Posted by GS_Dan (1402 posts) -

@randiolo: EDGE is actually one of the few magazines which I think are still worth buying. The design and layout tends to be top notch and they do lengthy articles and features about the industry.

#4 Posted by randiolo (1090 posts) -

@GS_Dan: Sure i agree, its a good magazine, but over here it cost around $15. I dont find it worth it. I can find similar content on the net, for free.

#5 Posted by alternate (2687 posts) -

Their covers have been awful over the last year or so tough. Used to be the best bit.

#6 Posted by 9cupsoftea (652 posts) -

Edge is so hit and miss now. I just picked up this month's issue - there's a great article about avatars in games, and then there's about 5 fluff pieces about nonsense (Leigh Alexander on hipsters? no thanks)

#7 Posted by chan05 (318 posts) -

@9cupsoftea: I agree the Leigh Alexander articles are the worst part of the magazine

#8 Edited by forkboy (1116 posts) -

Bring back Mr Biffo. He was my favourite games journalist during my formative years, reading Digitiser on Teletext was a daily ritual.

Ths website: http://www.btinternet.com/~moononastick/sp58/Index.html & it's archive of Digi's best moments is out-dated but still wonderful.

""Dear Mr T, I'm a 32-year-old fitness fanatic, and there's a girl at my local gym who I really like. I'm currently single. Should I ask her out?" R.Jelly

MR T SAYS: "She can only say no, Mr Jelly. Besides, the more time you SPEND with HER, the LESS time you'll HAVE to hang AROUND my BACK gate, looking AS if you're ABOUT to dump SOMETHING illegal in my BINS."

#9 Posted by chan05 (318 posts) -

@alternate: Really? I actually like the covers...especially the golden Zelda cover and the Last Of Us cover

#10 Posted by Harkat (1100 posts) -

They give you EDGE for free in games convention press rooms. That's where I get my copies.

#11 Posted by UnsolvedParadox (1862 posts) -

EDGE is less about reviews and more about long form journalism, which I think is great.

#12 Posted by mosespippy (4044 posts) -

I bet that'll be cheaper than at my local bookstore that imports it to Canada. Now that I have a job I might look at getting it regularly but first I need the back issues of Killscreen.