• 63 results
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By penguindust

I have zero interest in playing this franchise online. The biggest draw to me with the Elder Scrolls is the creative content community, aka the mods. I receive a great amount of joy just seeing what people have come up with and testing it out. In my current Skyrim game, I've got probably two or three dozen mods running and I love it. You can't have that type of flexibility in an online game. If I want that tired and bland game, there are dozens of other fantasy MMOs out there. The only online element I might be open to is co-op, but even then, if I'm running around with a lightsaber dressed in a push-up bra how are you going to see any of that? No, keep my Elder Scrolls off-line and my Fallout while I'm mentioning it. Since this possible Elder Scrolls MMO is being made by another studio perhaps it won't derail any further single-player TES games from Bethesda, but I am wary.

Avatar image for randominternetuser
RandomInternetUser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Having well-done co-op in a traditional Elder Scrolls game might be fun... but not sure I really want an MMO Elder Scrolls.

Jrinswand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By Jrinswand

Whaaaaaaaat?! I'm on of the biggest Elder Scrolls fans I know, but I can honestly say that this doesn't seem like that bad of an idea. I mean, I'm not a huge MMO guy or anything (I did play WoW for a year or two), but this seems like it would be a good way to finally be able to explore the entire world again for the first time since Daggerfall. Plus, I'm not really sure how they would've been able to top what they did with Skyrim. PLUS! Since it seems to be a separate team working on this, that means that Todd Howard and his game could do something other than The Elder Scrolls for their next game.

BaneFireLord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#54  Edited By BaneFireLord

If this is simply a side project that doesn't interfere with the single player series, cool; I'll take a peek when it goes Free to Play. If it pisses in the pool...well, Fallout's still around, at least. Sigh. Fuck you, MMOs.

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By iam3green

it sounds meh. i was kind of excited to hear online but not if it's a mmo. i don't think it's going to have the same appeal that oblivion, skyrim have. one thing that i would like to see is it look like the same kind of graphics. a lot of mmo look cartoony, which is understandable since everyone is on there, have to make it low so people can play.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By upwarDBound

I have been a huge fan of The Elder Scrolls ever since Morrowind and I am still excited by this. I don't see it as the next step in the series but rather a side venture that could turn out rather good. Why do many people think this portends the doom of The Elder Scrolls? Did Shin Megami Tensei: Imagine ruin the MegaTen property? I have a feeling Zenimax did not follow in EA's footsteps and spend more than they could afford to fund it so it won't hinder other developments.

At this point I wouldn't even really care if the gameplay was similar to WOW as long as they make a compelling rich world to explore and quest in. Hearing that they're using the engine that powers The Old Republic is a bit unsettling as I don't care for that game's look all that much, but maybe the engine is more versatile and is capable of more realistic graphics. As I previously posted if the graphics are at least close to Guild Wars 2 I will be okay with it.

If you don't like MMOs that's great you don't have to play the game. We know that Bethesda Game Studios is not working on the game so they are free to pursue whatever other projects they are working on. Fallout 4 is likely in the works and the success or failure of Zenimax Online's mmo will probably do little to deter that. Also even though Zenimax Online hasn't released any games yet doesn't mean its members don't have an mmo pedigree.

User reactions here are predictable if a bit sad. I say we take a wait and see approach to the project. We get to see an actual screenshot tomorrow so we should be able to at least gauge the look and feel of the game. It may well turn out to look like cartoony f2p crap but until it does I am eagerly awaiting the details.

jonnybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#57  Edited By jonnybob

@SlightConfuse said:

No Caption Provided

Infinite Dragon Centipede

Funkydupe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Funkydupe

@upwarDBound: I have no idea what the hero engine can do beyond what TOR got out of it. I'm a bit puzzled by the choice of engine. I was thinking it might take the graphic heavy route as opposed to TOR that went stylized.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By upwarDBound

@Funkydupe:

I also hear the HeroEngine has pretty bad optimization problems. I'm hoping the heavily stylized look of The Old Republic was deliberate and that the engine is capable of more realistic graphics. Looking at other games using the same engine is making me a bit anxious though.

upwarDBound

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By upwarDBound

The feature leaked and the screens don't look that bad. I would say the graphics are somewhat comparable to Rift but maybe not as good as GW2. The characters aren't stylized like they are in TOR either sporting a more Amalurish look. The game plays in third person and will be using a hotbar to organize skills. It actually looks a lot like GW2. You will play as one of nine races with the Imperials not being included. Artistically it doesn't stand out unfortunately. It could be any run of the mill fantasy MMO.

This news doesn't necessarily surprise me and I know this is not going to please many people here. It's not exactly what I hoped for either but it still sounds like it could be interesting. At the very least it will allow me to explore the previously unseen provinces.

Soulblitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#61  Edited By Soulblitz

I'll no doubt look into it when it comes out. I don't have huge hopes for it, but it takes something really specific and interesting for an MMO to stand out to me these days.

Avatar image for whyareyoucrouchingspock
whyareyoucrouchingspock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Here are screenshots and info.

http://xbigygames.com/the-elder-scrolls-online-screenshots-and-details/

Looks kinda shitty tbh. But yea, at least it will have a fucking decent UI.

9999dmg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#63  Edited By 9999dmg

I would much rather have to wait 5 years to explore another province of Tamriel than to be able to visit watered-down MMO versions all at once. I also think that all of the UI that goes along with MMOs (action bars, meters, minimaps, etc) is going to completely ruin the immersion.