• 99 results
#1 Posted by d0m3l (63 posts) -

Jeff mentioned, that he would love for the site to grow i.e. hire new people (in last jarring edition of his vlog here)

how awesome would that be if TotalBiscuit would join our favorite site? i think his cynical approach would complement crew quite nicely. And he would be great guy to cover esports/MOBA stuff. Not to mention how many people he would bring with him (he has more that 700k subs on youtube and most of his videos - which are essentially quick looks have 500k+ views)

I know it's just wishful thinking, but one can still hope.

#2 Posted by Eojay (183 posts) -

Not sure I would want that many people from the YouTube crowd coming over here...

#3 Posted by Bocam (3833 posts) -

@d0m3l: TotalBiscuit has an account here, I think.

#4 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

I like TB where he's at. 
TGS is a good fit for him. 

#5 Posted by jking47 (1248 posts) -

There was a thread about Rorie maybe joining the team. But personally, I think Brad Muir needs to join. Don't care that he is a developer, don't care that he has a job. WE NEED MORE BRADS!! Think of the Brad Bucks we would have!

#6 Posted by CaLe (4056 posts) -

I won't lie, this exact thought did cross my mind.. I really don't know if it would be a good fit though. Either a complete match or a complete failure.

#7 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

TotalBiscuit? no thank you.

Rorie on the other hand..

#8 Posted by drag (1206 posts) -

i would not like that one bit. rorie should get on board though for sure.

#9 Posted by wolf_blitzer85 (5293 posts) -

Turn that man into Matt Rorie and let's do this.

#10 Posted by Chindie (192 posts) -

Rorie joining would be good. Particularly as you could hope he would relinquish 90% of QuickLooks from Patrick's grasp.

Get Rorie on board!

#11 Posted by zudthespud (3284 posts) -

I would probably cancel my subscription if Total Biscuit joined. I really dislike his style, and I don't think he would fit in at all.

#12 Posted by Humanity (10136 posts) -

YouTube commentators are the worst thing to crop up since internet memes became the talk of the town.

#13 Posted by MariachiMacabre (7100 posts) -

I like TotalBiscuit in small doses (like his Amnesia thing for Halloween was brilliant) but I don't think he's a good fit with GB. I vote Rorie.

#14 Posted by NMC2008 (1237 posts) -

I would rather have Garnett Lee(yeah, I know).

#15 Posted by zyn (2591 posts) -

@cwJoe said:

Not sure I would want that many people from the YouTube crowd coming over here...

This. If Matt Rorie wants in, let him in.

#16 Posted by AlexanderSheen (5104 posts) -

Hmmm... biscuits... right now, I would kill for a bag of biscuits.

#17 Posted by MiamiRedHawks (914 posts) -

They should bring in Rich Gallup.

#18 Posted by Little_Socrates (5718 posts) -

They did not seem to care for Biscuit's role during E3, and Alex did not seem to care for him before that based on his explanation of who he was. So I'm happy to pass on Biscuit.

Embiggen the technical site wizard staff first, as I can't wait to see the next redesign.

#19 Posted by ajamafalous (12165 posts) -

I fucking hate Total Biscuit (I don't think he's funny at all) and I would probably cancel my sub if he joined. He won't, though, so this is all completely hypothetical.

#20 Posted by theguy (797 posts) -

I like TB sometimes but he would not be a good fit for this site.

#21 Posted by Subjugation (4742 posts) -

TB has his own thing going and seems to be completely satisfied with where he is at. I am not sure why he would want to change that. Yeah, he has an account here and he mentions Giant Bomb pretty regularly in regard to his appreciation in how they handle themselves, but I think that is the extent of the relationship that he wants with the site. You have to remember that he is running his own business as well, so if he were to go anywhere that would also affect those he employs.

#22 Posted by Inkerman (1455 posts) -

I think someone who would fill in the holes in content that the team has. The entire crew is pretty much console FPS/TPS focused. Even the non-shooter games covered are either puzzle or still action focused. I'd like to see someone who actually likes PC games and specifically PC RTS/TBS. An added bonus would be if they weren't afraid of some of the more niche games like Arma II.

#23 Posted by Demoskinos (15175 posts) -
@NMC2008

I would rather have Garnett Lee(yeah, I know).

I like Garnett. His style however I dont think would mesh well with the bomb guys. He is pretty entrenched in his job at shacknews anyways.
#24 Posted by Deadmanforking (579 posts) -

MATT KESSLER!!!! Bodega is what this site needs!

#25 Posted by RedRoach (1216 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

They did not seem to care for Biscuit's role during E3, and Alex did not seem to care for him before that based on his explanation of who he was. So I'm happy to pass on Biscuit.

Embiggen the technical site wizard staff first, as I can't wait to see the next redesign.

...Are you talking about the guy from the Ubisoft conference? That wasn't TotalBiscuit.

Why would they hire a random guy they don't know? And why would he accept? he has his own thing and is really successful at it.

#26 Posted by fisher81 (535 posts) -

No idea who that is but any Youtube commentator is someone I would not like to see on this site.

#27 Posted by Nux (2427 posts) -

I can only say no, that is it.

#28 Edited by DoctorWelch (2765 posts) -

I don't think he would be a good fit at all. I would actually like to see them try to get new people that are a little bit more under the radar, but fit in really well with what they are trying to do. Everyone says Rorie, which would be cool, but then the entire site is basically just the people that left Gamespot along with Patrick. I really think it would be good for the site and the guys if they brought in some fresh/new blood.

#29 Posted by Turambar (6898 posts) -
@deadmanforking said:

MATT KESSLER!!!! Bodega is what this site needs!

I would actually be pretty okay with this.
#30 Posted by Levius (1231 posts) -

I would like to see them get another video guy to free up Vinny and Drew, rather than an editorial guy to be honest.

#31 Posted by mosespippy (4468 posts) -

Anyone who uses their internet name instead of their real name in a professional setting is not a person I am interested in seeing working for Giant Bomb.

#32 Posted by Pop (2651 posts) -

I like giantbomb and I like TB and at first thought that would be awesome but if I think harder, nah fuck it, that would be great. It probably won't happen but who knows. I would love to hear a podcast of Brad and TB talking about Starcraft.

#33 Posted by Little_Socrates (5718 posts) -

@RedRoach said:

@Little_Socrates said:

...Are you talking about the guy from the Ubisoft conference? That wasn't TotalBiscuit.

Why would they hire a random guy they don't know? And why would he accept? he has his own thing and is really successful at it.

That wasn't Biscuit? Wait, who was that guy, then?

#34 Posted by The_Nubster (2361 posts) -

@Little_Socrates said:

@RedRoach said:

@Little_Socrates said:

That wasn't Biscuit? Wait, who was that guy, then?

Tobuscus, or however it's spelled.

#35 Posted by Strife777 (1614 posts) -

Matt Rorie. Rich Gallup. That's all.

(Maybe Adam Sessler)

#36 Posted by RIDEBIRD (1233 posts) -

TB obviously has quite a massive ego and is good enough on his own. Could not think of a worse fit.

#37 Edited by Dany (7887 posts) -

Fuck that. No you tube personalities who have a B.A. in bullshit. Get someone who writes with a degree. Or someone who is already in the industry.

#38 Posted by coakroach (2492 posts) -

If they bring someone in from Youtube it should be the Bro Team.

Because that would be retarded.

#39 Posted by Silvergun (297 posts) -

What this site needs is James Lipton.

#40 Posted by TheKeywork1989 (49 posts) -

I really love playing with the idea that they'd hire Rorie. So hopefully that.

#41 Posted by GJSmitty (651 posts) -

Please don't turn this into a fiasco like that one TB thread where everyone was arguing about different things and saying how much TB sucked and also (for some reason) either how much Adam Sessler sucks or is awesome.\

But anyways, I don't think Total Biscuit would fit well with the guys, plus he has his own job that I am sure he is happy with.

Rorie on the other hand...

#42 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

I don't think he would fit in. I think he would really get on Ryan's nerves with the frequency of terrible jokes that come out of his mouth. His TJS (Terrible Jokes per Second) rate is far too high.

#43 Posted by mscupcakes (612 posts) -

Nah you're all wrong, what we need is some Dunkey, a little Dunkey over here and a little Dunkey over there. Bingo bango.

#44 Posted by Jothel (937 posts) -

who?

#45 Posted by Phatmac (5730 posts) -

nope.

#46 Posted by Bubbly (258 posts) -

I like TB, but he is in a really good place right now and I don't see him coming over even if he was asked. I'm pretty sure he gets way more views than GB does. He also has an ego (a very big one I might add) and likes doing things his own way so he would probably disagree with the staff on everything content related. He could actually add something to the lackluster PC coverage here, but like I said, I don't see it happening, nor do I really want it to. I like most of his stuff and it is hard to find PC coverage that is actually good (thank god for RPS and TB), so it would probably be a downgrade for his viewers if he came here.

#47 Posted by No0b0rAmA (1478 posts) -

Oh fuck no. He's absolutely unfunny.

#48 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8607 posts) -

No.

#49 Posted by Village_Guy (2667 posts) -

I do like TotalBiscuit, but I don't think he fits into the style of the rest of the crew (of course I wouldn't know until he did), though it wouldn't happen either way.

If we're talking about Youtube Celebrities then I feel like Jesse Cox would be a better fit, but who knows... Not that any of that would happen anyway.

#50 Posted by Simplexity (1382 posts) -

The second these "youtube celebrities" infest GB is the moment I leave GB forever.

Those cunts are the bane of the internet.