• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by abacus (34 posts) -

Any plans to do one soon?

#2 Posted by DeeGee (2125 posts) -

No.

#3 Posted by Zinc (200 posts) -
@DeeGee said:
" No. "
#4 Posted by PeasantAbuse (5138 posts) -

Next one is Joust.
#5 Posted by FinalDasa (1744 posts) -

...really?

#6 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5262 posts) -

Congratulations you are the 10000000th member to make this thread!

#7 Posted by Aus_azn (2224 posts) -

*facepalm*

#8 Posted by President_Barackbar (3462 posts) -

I think there should be a new rule that all ER request threads should be considered spam.

#9 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

ask again when Deadly Premonition 2 comes out. 

#10 Posted by BrockSampson (299 posts) -

I think on the bombcast they said that everytime someone makes a thread or otherwise asks when the next ER is, it makes them want to do it less and less.

#11 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -
@President_Barackbar said:
" I think there should be a new rule that all ER request threads should be considered spam. "
I agree. This shit is getting out of hand.
#12 Posted by Guyzea (816 posts) -
#13 Edited by Sanj (2390 posts) -

I just find these threads hilarious, purely because I expect a shitstorm to head towards whoever the OP is. 

#14 Posted by Old_Corncob (134 posts) -

It is impossible to search for a thread by title, so how would he know that this thread already exists?

#15 Posted by EuanDewar (4925 posts) -

Mods, nuke this fucking guy.

#16 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5262 posts) -
@Old_Corncob said:
" It is impossible to search for a thread by title, so how would he know that this thread already exists? "
You can search thread by title.

If you were joking I'm sorry.
#17 Posted by swamplord666 (1760 posts) -

guys... first post. ease up a little! 

OT we probably won't see one soon and asking about it and suggestions have been confirmed to make it worse.
#18 Posted by Tuddlesworth (114 posts) -
@Old_Corncob said:
" It is impossible to search for a thread by title, so how would he know that this thread already exists? "
Searching for threads... you're doing it wrong.
#19 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" @President_Barackbar said:
" I think there should be a new rule that all ER request threads should be considered spam. "
I agree. This shit is getting out of hand. "
But also the fact that they haven't commented on this is also getting out of hand. 
#20 Posted by Mahonay (828 posts) -

I think Dave needs to make "Endurance Run" an automatically censored phrase on the forum.

#21 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -

They talked about doing a Dark Souls Endurance Run once it is out with Vinny at least. They haven't decided whether Jeff or Ryan will ride along.

#22 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -
@HandsomeDevil said:
" @Axxol said:
But also the fact that they haven't commented on this is also getting out of hand.  "
They have commented on Formspring, Twitter and the Bombcast. I guess they're getting tired of repeating themselves.
#23 Edited by Maajin (1064 posts) -

Every thread about the Endurance Run starts with people saying "Again?" anda making fun of it, and ends with pretty deep discussions on the whys of it and how the Bomb Squad doesn't care for us anymore.

So don't worry abacus, everyone seems to like to talk about it just as much as you.

#24 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" @HandsomeDevil said:
" @Axxol said:
But also the fact that they haven't commented on this is also getting out of hand.  "
They have commented on Formspring, Twitter and the Bombcast. I guess they're getting tired of repeating themselves. "
What have they said other than "The more you say it the less we want to do it" which just seems like a scapegoat. 
#25 Posted by karatetron (692 posts) -
@Zinc said:
" @DeeGee said:
" No. "
"
#26 Posted by N7 (3589 posts) -
@Grissefar said:
" They talked about doing a Dark Souls Endurance Run once it is out with Vinny at least. They haven't decided whether Jeff or Ryan will ride along. "
Oh snap. Word? That'd be badass.
#27 Posted by TehFlan (1944 posts) -
@Grissefar said:
" They talked about doing a Dark Souls Endurance Run once it is out with Vinny at least. They haven't decided whether Jeff or Ryan will ride along. "
That would be pretty great.
#28 Posted by Grillbar (1834 posts) -
@abacus said:
" Any plans to do one soon? "
NO
#29 Posted by BraveToaster (12589 posts) -
@HandsomeDevil said:
" @Axxol said:
" @HandsomeDevil said:
" @Axxol said:
They have commented on Formspring, Twitter and the Bombcast. I guess they're getting tired of repeating themselves. "
What have they said other than "The more you say it the less we want to do it" which just seems like a scapegoat.  "
They said no and they stated that they don't want to do another one. I don't blame them for feeling that way.
#30 Posted by JJGIANT (755 posts) -

Simply put I think Giant Bomb is past that.
#31 Posted by swamplord666 (1760 posts) -
@HandsomeDevil said:
" @Axxol said:
" @HandsomeDevil said:
" @Axxol said:
What have they said other than "The more you say it the less we want to do it" which just seems like a scapegoat.  "
they mentioned the fact that doing this also cuts into the sales of the product and doesn't do many favors to the devs. Jeff made a blog post about it after people were asking about Catherine.
#32 Posted by Sanj (2390 posts) -
@Grissefar said:
When and where did they talk about this?
#33 Posted by Grissefar (2842 posts) -
@Sanj said:
" @Grissefar said:
When and where did they talk about this? "
During their Milon's Secret Castle III Endurance Run Wrap Up Podcast last week.
#34 Posted by Grillbar (1834 posts) -
@abacus said:
you can just watch the 4 others instead there is the persona 4 one 2 dp and a matrix one. 
they are not going to make another er in the near future if ever. it takes to much time/manpower/resources to make something like that. think of it this way right now they have to make ilm, the bombcast tnt and wmha including the mail bag every once in a while. and still to all the coverage of games via reviews ql and so on.

so as i said watch all the other er's first and settle with them. if thats not enough watch how to build a bomb, tang and the tnt's and wmha that enough contect for the next 6 months atleast
#35 Posted by stoodspoon (629 posts) -

Mods please lock this

#36 Posted by Sanj (2390 posts) -
@Grissefar said:
" @Sanj said:
" @Grissefar said:
During their Milon's Secret Castle III Endurance Run Wrap Up Podcast last week. "
Wait, there was a wrap up podcast? Sweet, listening to it now. 
#37 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -
@Sanj said:
" I just find these threads hilarious, purely because I expect a shitstorm to head towards whoever the OP is.  "
Yep.
#38 Posted by ajamafalous (11994 posts) -
@Sanj said:
" @Grissefar said:
" @Sanj said:
" @Grissefar said:
During their Milon's Secret Castle III Endurance Run Wrap Up Podcast last week. "
Wait, there was a wrap up podcast? Sweet, listening to it now.  "
Can you guys PM me the place to get it? I can't find it anywhere.
#39 Posted by EuanDewar (4925 posts) -
@Sanj said:
" @Grissefar said:
" @Sanj said:
" @Grissefar said:
Just wait till you get to the ending, completely heartbreaking. Almost brought me to tears.
#40 Posted by Sanj (2390 posts) -
@EuanDewar said:
" @Sanj said:
" @Grissefar said:
" @Sanj said:
" @Grissefar said:
Just wait till you get to the ending, completely heartbreaking. Almost brought me to tears. "
Really? That's weird because they didn't seem that upset at the end of the MSCIII ER. Anyway I'm about 10 minutes into the podcast.
#41 Posted by Sin4profit (2933 posts) -
@abacus said:
i've just come here to roll this newspaper up and smack you with it.
#42 Posted by EuanDewar (4925 posts) -
@Sanj: I suppose it just got to them in the end, you let that much pressure build up behind the scenes and it has to spill out somewhere.
#43 Posted by Sayishere (1840 posts) -

HAHAHHAHAHAH

#44 Posted by Wrighteous86 (3782 posts) -
@abacus said:
Paid members only. We've already gotten like 3 of them.
#45 Posted by PaulM (144 posts) -

I get that its a major time sink and that it might be annoying to have people constantly asking about it but I thing they could be handling the endurance run topic a little better 

#46 Posted by solidwolf52 (300 posts) -

The thing with the endurance run is that it is a huge time commitment.  Generally a play time of about a half hour to an hour a day, times 2 or 4 people plus the editing of 1 or 2 videos... it adds up to a large number of man hours, which can make a difference at a small company.

#47 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" @HandsomeDevil said:
" @Axxol said:
" @HandsomeDevil said:
" @Axxol said:
They said no and they stated that they don't want to do another one. I don't blame them for feeling that way. "
I suppose I don't blame them either. But, I do think we need something to replace it. We have been starved for content for far too long.
#48 Posted by ThePickle (4182 posts) -
@Axxol said:
" @HandsomeDevil said:
" @Axxol said:
" @HandsomeDevil said:
" @Axxol said:
They said no and they stated that they don't want to do another one. I don't blame them for feeling that way. "
I suppose I don't blame them either. But, I do think we need something to replace it. We have been starved for content for far too long.
#49 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5262 posts) -
@solidwolf52 said:
" The thing with the endurance run is that it is a huge time commitment.  Generally a play time of about a half hour to an hour a day, times 2 or 4 people plus the editing of 1 or 2 videos... it adds up to a large number of man hours, which can make a difference at a small company. "
Didn't they take up all of Mondays or Fridays doing the episodes?
#50 Posted by EVHKwick (452 posts) -
@Mahonay said:
" I think Dave needs to make "Endurance Run" an automatically censored phrase on the forum. "
I think Dave needs to make "Endurance Run" an auto-replace phrase on the forum. And not tell us what it will change to.