Endurance Run Suggestion

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Liquidsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Liquidsolidus

Hello followers of The Bomb, this isn't exactly what you're probably thinking. I'm not trying to rush GB to make a new ER, or to specify what game they should do. What I am making this thread for, is to spread an idea that I had, for when a new Endurance Run does come along, that could possibly increase its enjoyability. That is - a full-team Endurance Run. I know a lot of people might dismiss the idea at first, saying it just makes room for chaos and interruption, but the way I imagine it, it would be pretty much like a TNT, or if we want to get super technical and start breaking down walls, basically like a Bombcast, centered around one game, with live footage of said game.:P Plus, often times, the best quick looks are the ones where they do have pretty much the whole Bombsquad sitting in. I know an ER is pretty different from a quick look, but this is just an idea, so tweaks to it could always be made

A big reason that I'd like to see this idea come to fruition is that I feel the group dynamic of them all is great, and so it'd be awesome seeing the whole gang taking on any endeavor, really, plus, with past ER's that have only been 2 people, such as Chrono Trigger or P4, while the duos in them both have been great, there would always be points where I couldn't help but wonder how the other members would react at points. That's something that was dealt with in the DP ER, with 2 playthroughs going on, though I still feel that if you were to have combined the duos, the ways they could play off of each other would've been immense.

The only big issue I could see coming up would be since more people were working on the ER, fewer members would be working on actual work, but that could easily be dealt with by making the episodes shorter. I'm not trying trying to downplay any of the ERs, I think they've been great, and I want GB to keep on doing what they feel's in the best interest of the site and viewer enjoyment, but I'm just throwin' the idea out there, so I'm curious as to what you guys' thoughts might be?

LiquidSwords

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By LiquidSwords

Rule #3: The more you ask, the more they won't do it.

Avatar image for endlessobsidian
EndlessObsidian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By EndlessObsidian
No Caption Provided
hwy_61

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By hwy_61

Dude, format that block of text. Can't even read that shit.

BeachThunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

#5  Edited By BeachThunder

Endurance run of Dear Esther!!

Bocam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By Bocam

STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT STPO TIUJHNKJOJ

Seedofpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Seedofpower

Stop and shut the fuck up. The less we talk about this the more likely there be another one.

Phatmac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 12

#8  Edited By Phatmac

BINARY DOMAIN ENDURANCE RUN/?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!!/!/11?1?!?1?1?!? PERSONA 4 ARENA ENDURANCE RUN!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?!?!??!!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!!?!?!??!?!!?/1?!

AlexanderSheen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AlexanderSheen

Sorry, but I flagged this.

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By MiniPato

Doesn't matter what the idea is, what you are asking, or how much the community agrees or how many people ask. The staff do not listen to the community when it comes to the endurance run. They've actually developed a condition in which their brain shuts down briefly when the words "endurance run" appear on the screen or is uttered aloud as a defense mechanism.

MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#11  Edited By MooseyMcMan

I think that would be a bad idea.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#12  Edited By Baillie

Wow, this is a great way to roll out the assholes of the forum. I kind of like the idea, but to be honest, I don't know if it's something I'd like to watch. I prefer the small teams of two, the way they bounce of each other is such a great dynamic, which I feel is what really makes these endurance runs special, not the actual enduring.

NoobSauceG7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By NoobSauceG7

@EndlessObsidian said:

No Caption Provided
beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#14  Edited By beforet

It amazes me the almost religious fervor that this community devotes to the Endurance Run. "Spake not its name, or else we sinners shall be denied its saving grace! Crush the fools, who dare blaspheme the GODS!"

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ThePickle

@Beforet said:

It amazes me the almost religious fervor that this community devotes to the Endurance Run. "Spake not its name, or else we sinners shall be denied its saving grace! Crush the fools, who dare blaspheme the GODS!"

The staff has said time and time again that the more forum posts there are about it, the less they want to do it. Also, they aren't going to take suggestions from the community. They're going to play the game they want when they feel like it. This point has been made several dozen times by the staff themselves, directly.

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

Vinny mentioned that Eternal Sonata is "up on the shelf". That's the next endurance run. Also, it will actually be an eternity if threads like this keep popping up. I don't even like the endurance run.

Yeah, I said it.

Mr_Skeleton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Mr_Skeleton

SHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUPSHUTUP

Animasta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 5

#18  Edited By Animasta

@ThePickle said:

@Beforet said:

The staff has said time and time again that the more forum posts there are about it, the less they want to do it. Also, they aren't going to take suggestions from the community. They're going to play the game they want when they feel like it. This point has been made several dozen times by the staff themselves, directly.

people make blog posts about features they want from video games all the time, I don't see why this is any different.

triviaman09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#19  Edited By triviaman09

@Beforet said:

My thoughts exactly.

To respond to the OP's suggestion, I think it might get a bit ungainly. What if the other four dudes were totally having a blast with whatever game they were ERing but one of them hated it? Still, it's not a bad idea.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#20  Edited By Dagbiker

The guy is a new user, go easy on him.

As for the suggestion, as others have shown by being ass-hats, it is generally frowned upon to ask about another ER. And I think having all of them, at once, just sitting around for hours at a time wouldn't sit well with Jeff.

DoctorWelch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By DoctorWelch

They should get Dave and Drew (because neither was in an Endurance Run before) to do an Endurance Run Endurance Run. Where they live stream themselves watching the Endurance Runs.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Dagbiker

@DoctorWelch said:

They should get Dave and Drew (because neither was in an Endurance Run before) to do an Endurance Run Endurance Run. Where they live stream themselves watching the Endurance Runs.

Phantasmagoria.

firecreed17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By firecreed17

Whenever this gets brought up I just think of that one scene from the "Monty Python's Holy Grail".

Knight: Don't say that word!

Arthur: What word?

Knight: I cannot tell! Suffice to say, is one of the words the Knights of Ni cannot hear!

Arthur: How can we not say the word if you don't tell us what it is?

Knight He said it again!

MiniPato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MiniPato

@ThePickle said:

@Beforet said:

Aside from not splitting up the bombcast, they never really take any suggestions from the community really.

AndrewB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By AndrewB

Breaking Brad: Slender.

The End.

ltsmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By ltsmash

I think they should remove all of the old Endurance Runs from the archive. Because.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By beforet

@ThePickle said:

@Beforet said:

I understand that. Like you said, that point has been made by the staff and beaten into everyone's collective skull by the community. My question is: who cares? They were fun let's plays, but are they and this golden commandment really worth being a dick (the only rule on this site I care about) to the new users who ask? My post still stands; I'm amazed by the fervor that goes into enforcing this royal decree. If they care so much, they can auto-ban people who try and post threads with the words "Endurance Run" in the title.

And this is just me, but I don't care if they never make another Endurance Run again.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By ThePickle

@Animasta said:

@ThePickle said:

@Beforet said:

people make blog posts about features they want from video games all the time, I don't see why this is any different.

It's one case where they have specifically said don't do it. Ever notice how every forum requesting a game gets locked? It's because it's not something the staff wants on their forums. If you make a topic saying "Hey I got an awesome idea for a feature", it wouldn't get locked, because it isn't something the staff has said they don't want.

Also, it will have exactly 0% effect on what game the guys end up going with. When they pick the game they are going to spend several months playing then talking about, it's going to be a game they pick. The Endurance Run is a huge resource hog for the staff. When they want to devote the time and manhours to something like that, it's not going to be something some dude on the forums suggests or something they pick out of a hat.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Dagbiker

@ThePickle said:

@Animasta said:

@ThePickle said:

@Beforet said:

It's one case where they have specifically said don't do it. Ever notice how every forum requesting a game gets locked? It's because it's not something the staff wants on their forums. If you make a topic saying "Hey I got an awesome idea for a feature", it wouldn't get locked, because it isn't something the staff has said they don't want.

Also, it will have exactly 0% effect on what game the guys end up going with. When they pick the game they are going to spend several months playing then talking about, it's going to be a game they pick. The Endurance Run is a huge resource hog for the staff. When they want to devote the time and manhours to something like that, it's not going to be something some dude on the forums suggests or something they pick out of a hat.

Or its because every one in the post goes ape shit.

jerseyscum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By jerseyscum

@Dagbiker said:

The guy is a new user, go easy on him.

As for the suggestion, as others have shown by being ass-hats, it is generally frowned upon to ask about another ER. And I think having all of them, at once, just sitting around for hours at a time wouldn't sit well with Jeff.

What's wrong with a little new user hazing? It builds character.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#31  Edited By Sin4profit

Flight Club survival run of IL2 sturmovik featuring Dave, Vinny, Drew, and one more for a full squad; play a hardcore dynamic campaign - if you die or get captured you are out of the campaign.

It'll last all of one episode.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By cornbredx

You know... every time the endurance run is mentioned/has a forum thread they reset the timer until the next endurance run. 

I've seen it.

The_Nubster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By The_Nubster

@Liquidsolidus: Giantbomb no gusta when people ask about Endurance Runs. I like the idea, but you likened it to the Bombcast, which is enough of a drain on what gets done around the office. it'd be cool to have happen, but it would have to be post-hours, which none of them would probably feel like doing.

Also, welcome to the forums! Shame you had to incur the collective wrath of the community so early though.

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By laserbolts

What a fucking shitfest of a community just look at the response this guy's idea has gotten. If you can't read something because it isn't spaced out into paragraphs then there is something wrong with your brain. I like the idea but I don't think the staff will do it due to the title of this thread. I don't think they would bother clicking on this bad boy.

Baillie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Baillie

@ThePickle said:

@Animasta said:

@ThePickle said:

@Beforet said:

He didn't request a game, he basically did have an idea for a feature, it's not exactly an endurance run, is it? Please, stop getting to defensive, not just you, everyone.

BraveToaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By BraveToaster

I suggest that they should play however they want to. If they decided to spend time putting another one together, they should have the responsibility of putting together a method of execution.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30
deactivated-5d7bd9e4bef30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Don't blame us! Blame the staff for fostering the culture of fear and resentment of anybody mentioning an Endurance Run.

THEY ARE MAKING US EAT OUR YOUNG! THE HORROR! THE HORROR!

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ThePickle

@Beforet said:

@ThePickle said:

@Beforet said:

I understand that. Like you said, that point has been made by the staff and beaten into everyone's collective skull by the community. My question is: who cares? They were fun let's plays, but are they and this golden commandment really worth being a dick (the only rule on this site I care about) to the new users who ask? My post still stands; I'm amazed by the fervor that goes into enforcing this royal decree. If they care so much, they can auto-ban people who try and post threads with the words "Endurance Run" in the title.

And this is just me, but I don't care if they never make another Endurance Run again.

Truthfully, I don't care either. I watch all of the P4 one, only watched about half of the VJ DP one, and watch a few episodes of the Chrono Trigger one. I'm just explaining why it is people have such a violent reaction when the Endurance Run gets brought up.

UncleClassy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By UncleClassy

@Beforet said:

It's pretty ridiculous honestly.

beforet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By beforet

Now, to actually respond to the thread itself, the idea is neat, but it would be a mess logistically. The bombcast works because it came first and the crew was able to build their schedules around it. The events like TNT and others are special occasions that only happen, at most, once a week. To do that for content that would go up once per day would essentially grind the site to a halt until they were finished. But thanks for putting it out there, welcome to the site, and sorry that this thread turned into a shit show. The community is normally better than this.

Though you should definitely work on your post formatting. Large blocks are a chore to read now that everyone is more used to short, snippy segments.

ghost_cat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ghost_cat

I guess you had to be made an example that, no matter how good your intentions are, the community will set your pants on fire for uttering those words. But my personal opinion is that your idea isn't very good, seeing as the whole team will, everyday, stop what they are doing for a full hour to play a game together. The result would be content being produced at a slower pace (which has been a constant problem for them already).

Liquidsolidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Liquidsolidus

Haha, oopsies. I apologize for invoking the wrath of the Gods, I was just putting out an idea I thought was sorta clever. My bad. If a thread like this is really so big of a deal, then I'll delete it if necessary :P. I had known that the GB crew were a bit indifferent on suggestions for ER games, but I didn't know the very broad topic was so madly frowned upon. I am exiting the building, slowly, and with my hands where you can see them, no need to resort to force.

Also, I went back and spaced the post out a bit for ya all, hopefully that helps :P

myke_tuna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#43  Edited By myke_tuna

How about suggestions for the guys doing a new EXTENDED PLAY?! Huh, huh? Right, guys? Extended play?

Every time someone mentions the Endurance Run, I'm reminded of the guy that asked them during their PAX panel, in person, in front of a crowd, and got the fucking name of the segment wrong just to make it extra miserable.

I died inside FOR him when I saw that.

themangalist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By themangalist

You guys really are jerks. Is this the Spanish Inquisition or something? Whoever whispers the words, let alone try to discuss, "endurance run" are to be burnt on a stake? Some people didn't even bother reading the text. Wow GB community. Just wow.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#45  Edited By Hunter5024

Way to be welcoming to the new user guys.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#46  Edited By FluxWaveZ

I'll change my username to "NewEnduranceRun".

napalm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By napalm

Oh my god, not this fucking thread again.

HAI I HVAE A NEW IDEA. YKNOW ENDURANCE RUNS?/

rachelepithet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#48  Edited By rachelepithet

How about a giant bomb endurance run? Have ryan/pat/jeff/brad/vin behind a soundproof glass watching and commenting on dave and alexis building the new site over the three or so months before its ready?

buzz_clik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#49  Edited By buzz_clik

The new Endurance Run is going to be the guys searching the forums for "endurance run" and having to read out every post from every thread about the subject.

wjb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By wjb

TAKE THAT, NEW PERSON!