Enough With the Rumors!

ll_Exile_ll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Looking at the majority of the top stories on sites like IGN and Gamespot, I am baffled. They are all rumors about the PS4, and they all contradict each other. One says the PS4 will be $500, one says $430. Others claim various things ranging from a smartglass type service, streaming PS3 games, and release dates.

What I want to ask is why? The thing is being announced tomorrow. Why bother publishing all these fucking rumors, which there have been tons of since the conference was announced, when we'll have actual concrete info tomorrow? Are they just trying to get as many bad predictions published before we have real info?

As someone that has been trying to get into game journalism, this is a part of that really turns me off. The focus seems to be more about generating clicks rather than providing actual worthwhile content, which is an insult to the readers, and I wish it didn't work. That's another reason why I love the way Giant Bomb operates.

So, what do you guys think? Are you sick of all these damn rumors or are you one of those that wants every piece of information you can get, whether it's true or not?

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Video_Game_King
Aetheldod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rumours generate clicks ... simple as that , and there is still the possibility that this is no PS4 anouncement ^____^ that would be awesome and make all those people who make rumours look like mayor asshats

Avatar image for shivermetimbers
shivermetimbers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

Rumors generate discussion. Discussion is good for journalism. It might even be argued that discussion is paramount to journalism, but I digress.

It's speculation and there's nothing wrong with it.

Grimluck343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Grimluck343
DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

PageView.Exe

Branthog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Mayor Asshats! :D

Milkman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

Next gen rumors get page views. Always.

Be thankful that Giant Bomb doesn't post this bullshit like everyone else.

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 5

I hear Brad's leaving.

Winternet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Winternet

Rumors are fun. The endless possibilities are always more enticing than when you actually know what it will be.

Edit: Actually, I just was looking for a chance to use the word "enticing" without it sounding creepy.

DaMisterChief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stop seeking them out. If you'd just stay here at giantbobdotcom you won't be bombarded with shit new stories