Avatar image for gingertastic_10
gingertastic_10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 16

#2  Edited By gingertastic_10

Looks interesting. The concept are was pretty cool.

Icemael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

User Lists: 20

#3  Edited By Icemael

I for one hope that this isn't like Kingdom Hearts at all. That game was horrible.

The artwork is fucking awesome, by the way. I hope the game has a darker story with creepy environments/enemies(this needs to be at least T)... I'm not liking this 'Wii exclusive' thing though. This seems like the kind of game that would benefit from stronger hardware(unless it's 2D... now that would be incredibly awesome) and a second analogue stick, and I definitely don't want to see it ruined by tacked-on motion controls.
penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By penguindust

Yes, I read this article this morning, but I doubt the final product (assuming there will be one) would look much like that or be so dark.  This is Disney after all and they are highly protective of the characters that Walt (with others) created.  The images in the article are scary and not appropriate for young children.  That's why I doubt it will look much like the cyborg stuff imagined.  Don't get me wrong, I would like for a darker, Tim Burton-esq approach to the core Disney icons, but in doing so, they may alienate all the folks who view any interpretation away from white-bread wholesomeness as an attack on family values.  And those people (the same ones who visit the parks, go on the cruises, etc...) can bitch something fierce. 

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Linkyshinks

There has been rumblings about a few Disney projects in the works for Wii, including a rumoured Mickey Mouse game. I recall posting about the possibility of a new Mickey Mouse game akin to the platformers on Megadrive/Genesis.

That concept art is cool.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Video_Game_King

Steam punk Mickey?! Who's going to play Kefka, Donald Duck? I am going to keep my eye on this.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Al3xand3r

Great concept art. Hope the project lives up to expectations after this. Hopefully it'll look close to Mario Galaxy graphically (not in art style) as that's the game Warren Spector wants to match up to/surpass with this. Also, hopefully it gets actually completed.

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Al3xand3r

1up has a story on it with more creepy concept art.

Linkyshinks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9  Edited By Linkyshinks

Avatar image for wintersnowblind
WinterSnowblind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#10  Edited By WinterSnowblind

The art looks amazing..  Any game that features a destroyed version of Disney World is worth at least some attention.
Hoping it's not exclusive to the Wii though, I'd love to see this done in an Elder Scrolls/Fallout 3 style.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Linkyshinks said:
This was the precise reason I was scared to see Country Bear Jamboree as a kid.
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#12  Edited By Emilio

The artwork looks great to me. I love how people are crying on how so far there's only been talks of a Wii version.

fezz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#13  Edited By fezz

Looking at the concept art, it's hard to believe that those are the light hearted characters that I've always known from Disney. I'm really surprised that they're taking it in this direction.

Diamond

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Diamond

I'll be surprised if it's released at all with this style.  Awesome concept artwork though.

Scooper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By Scooper
@Linkyshinks said:
"
These too look great. They look like something out of a Discworld novel.
Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Al3xand3r

It looks like the October issue of Game Informer will finally have the goods.

I hope the reveal won't disappoint, either with how it looks, or the platform(s?) of choice, and whatever else.
jakob187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By jakob187

WAIT WAIT WAIT!!! 

Instead of making the new Deus Ex game...Warren Spector is making a game WITH MICKEY...FUCKING...MOUSE?! 

Oh, someone stop this shit dead in its tracks and get that man back where he's supposed to be!!!

Al3xand3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Al3xand3r

Because people like Warren can't have multiple projects going on, and Deus Ex 3 hasn't been confirmed since, eh, ages now, alongside Thief 4... This project has also been under development for quite some time, albeit somewhat secretly. I dunno what kind of gamer in his right mind would want this project to be cancelled after seeing the creativity going in the concept art anyway. Well, I didn't know, now I do. The potential displayed is certainly worth the risk of simply another dud from where I'm standing... Deus Ex 3 isn't guaranteed either after Invisible War.

s-a-n-JR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#19  Edited By s-a-n-JR

There's something very very appealing about this game.
jj984jj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#20  Edited By jj984jj
@jakob187 said:

" WAIT WAIT WAIT!!!  Instead of making the new Deus Ex game...Warren Spector is making a game WITH MICKEY...FUCKING...MOUSE?!  Oh, someone stop this shit dead in its tracks and get that man back where he's supposed to be!!! "

lol Have you been living under a rock? He left Ion Storm 5 fucking years ago! He made Junction Point Studios in 2005 and it was bought by Disney in 2007.   

@Al3xand3r said:
" Because people like Warren can't have multiple projects going on, and Deus Ex 3 hasn't been confirmed since, eh, ages now, alongside Thief 4... This project has also been under development for quite some time, albeit somewhat secretly. "
The Deus Ex and Thief revivals are being done by Eidos Montreal, who knows what state those projects are in but maybe we'll finally hear something now that the Square-Enix takeover is done. 

" I dunno what kind of gamer in his right mind would want this project to be cancelled after seeing the creativity going in the concept art anyway. Well, I didn't know, now I do. The potential displayed is certainly worth the risk of simply another dud from where I'm standing... "

Yeah the art for this game looks great, hopefully Game Informer has lots of details about the game in their feature.
xyzygy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By xyzygy

I'm really pumped to see what'll become of this.

McPaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By McPaper
@jakob187: That's because Ion Storm is no more and Deus Ex 3 is being developed by an Eidos studio.
iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By iam3green

this game looks interesting. the concept art is weird, it looks like it is a very dark game. it has Disney characters that would not look like that in any way. it would be cool if we actually got to see how this game looks like.

Fallen189

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Fallen189

Epic Mickey makes me think of good things.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This look wierdly awesome, but who knows what it will eventually look like.  But this concept art does look sick.

Avatar image for addictedtopinescent
addictedtopinescent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sick concept art, and no matter how much ppl bitch on disney they are still cool

Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#27  Edited By Whisperkill

Its for the wii, so the argument that it's going to be good is pretty much invalid
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Whisperkill said:
" Its for the wii, so the argument that it's going to be good is pretty much invalid "
I feel very right when I say that your post will attract a lot of deserved hatred, starting with me. How biased is it to say that all Wii games are bad? Very rarely does a console have nothing for somebody, and the Wii is not one of those exceptions. There are good games for it, but I feel like you'd shoot them down for poor reasons.
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Whisperkill
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Whisperkill said:
" Its for the wii, so the argument that it's going to be good is pretty much invalid "
I feel very right when I say that your post will attract a lot of deserved hatred, starting with me. How biased is it to say that all Wii games are bad? Very rarely does a console have nothing for somebody, and the Wii is not one of those exceptions. There are good games for it, but I feel like you'd shoot them down for poor reasons. "

Sorry I should rephrase. The argument that the game will be dark and mature is pretty much invalid. Even though I think there are only like 4 good games on the wii, and yes I own one.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30  Edited By Willy105

-1 for obscene language in thread title

+10 for EPIC MICKEY!!!!

joey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: -2

#31  Edited By joey
@Willy105 said:
" -1 for obscene language in thread title  +10 for EPIC MICKEY!!!! "
what's so obscene about bonerz
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Whisperkill said:
Sorry I should rephrase. The argument that the game will be dark and mature is pretty much invalid. Even though I think there are only like 4 good games on the wii, and yes I own one. "
I don't know, there can be some mature games on the console, like RPGs and No More Heroes. Yes, RPGs count. And do you care to name those four games so I can name other games that are actually quite good? Well, at least you rephrased it to something that can be taken more seriously.
Whisperkill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Whisperkill
@Video_Game_King said:
" @Whisperkill said:
Sorry I should rephrase. The argument that the game will be dark and mature is pretty much invalid. Even though I think there are only like 4 good games on the wii, and yes I own one. "
I don't know, there can be some mature games on the console, like RPGs and No More Heroes. Yes, RPGs count. And do you care to name those four games so I can name other games that are actually quite good? Well, at least you rephrased it to something that can be taken more seriously. "

Eh, Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Paper Mario, and Boom Blox are pretty great.

I guess I could say that RE4, Okami and World of Goo are also amazing, but I don't count those as wii games. 

And no, I didnt like No More Heroes or Mad World and I don't recall any good jrpgs on the wii besides Tales, which I dont particularly like.
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#34  Edited By CoolDrMoney

The artwork is amazing, the concept is crazy. I really hope this pans out well.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Video_Game_King
@Whisperkill: 

Why isn't Brawl on that list? *tries to rip you apart*

Fair enough, mostly.

No More Heroes was pretty good; it was like a much more mature Kingdom Hearts, only with a very creepy Wii-mote-phone-thing. And to name a few: Fire Emblem, Phantom Brave, Final Fantasy, and all those VC games, if they count.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Willy105
@joey said:
" @Willy105 said:
" -1 for obscene language in thread title  +10 for EPIC MICKEY!!!! "
what's so obscene about bonerz "
Are you serious?
Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Deusoma
@Emilio: That's probably because there are like four good third-party games on the unfortunate Nintendo Wii.
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Willy105
@Deusoma said:
" @Emilio: That's probably because there are like four good third-party games on the unfortunate Nintendo Wii. "
You know that's not true.
Deusoma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Deusoma
@Willy105: You're right, you're right, that was uncalled for.
I apologize, Wii.
agentboolen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By agentboolen

All I know if this is what it takes to get some classic Mickey, Donald and Goofy cartoons back on the crappy Disney channel I'm all for it!!!!

ImpendingFoil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ImpendingFoil

I've seen a few pieces of art for this now, some not listed in this thread, and I have to say that I'm actually really excited for whatever this turns out to be if it stays in this art style.

DukeTogo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#42  Edited By DukeTogo

Because concept art = final product.

I'll keep my expectations low until the project is officially shown in alpha form, until then, it's in the same league of Grin's Final Fantasy concept stuff.

MikkaQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By MikkaQ

I give you a REAL "Epic Mickey"