#1 Edited by BigJeffrey (5028 posts) -

At onGamers, we will inform, educate and entertain anyone who shares our passion for esports -- the tournaments, the players, the competition, the personalities, the games, the community, the events, the dedication and everything in-between.

OnGamersDotCom

- It appears CBI has notice sick Esports is becoming popular, onGamers uses the GB site format, so everything looks like GB. Site has League, DOTA 2, and all the popular Esports covered. The have a shit ton of writers and contributing writers too. I think they'll have some blizzcon stuff too, i'll peek my head in there why not?

Damn

• Cody ‘evoli’ Conners, Managing Editor
  • Matt ‘Cyborgmatt’ Bailey, Senior eSports Editor
  • Rod ‘Slasher’ Breslau, Senior eSports Editor
  • Duncan ‘Thorin’ Shields, Senior eSports Content Creator
  • Travis Gafford, Senior eSports Content Creator
  • Amelia 'Sunset' Savery, Contributing Writer
  • Chris 'keekerdc' Schetter, Contributing Writer
  • Cameron 'famystron' Carson, Contributing Writer
  • Aaron 'Spit-wad' Stern, Contributing Writer
  • Rhea 'Ashelia' Monique, Contributing Writer
  • Chris Bizell, Contributing Writer
  • Ambrielle 'KatanaMordecai' Army, Contributing Writer
  • Cassandra Khaw, Contributing Writer
  • Gene Angel, Contributing Writer
  • Darin Kwilinski, Contributing Writer
  • Irena 'Curlychan' Pencheva, Contributing Writer
    Trent 'onlywonderboy' Stephens, Contributing Writer
  • RJ Cubarrubia, Contributing Writer
  • Brandon 'Atrioc' Ewing, Contributing Writer
  • Justin Cady, Contributing Writer
  • Taylor Cocke, Contributing Writer
  • Pieter 'Shark3D' Cortebeeck, Contributing Writer
  • Andrew Groen, Contributing Writer

#2 Posted by mracoon (4972 posts) -

I know competitive gaming's a big thing these days but I still find the title 'Senior eSports Editor' hilarious.

#3 Posted by chiablo (941 posts) -

The best Daily DotA was when they had Bruno and 2GD as guests. I hope this means we'll see more of this kind of thing.

#4 Posted by MaFoLu (1858 posts) -

They better bring in Vinny and Jeff for some professional Windjammers coverage.

#5 Posted by EXTomar (4773 posts) -

There has been rumblings about what was happening with CyborgMatt so this is good since this was more or less what he was doing before.

#6 Posted by kindgineer (2738 posts) -

Oh, lord. Is this the time when people start saying "we won!" when the player they want to win, wins?

#7 Edited by Bollard (5604 posts) -

I dont give a flying fuck about League or DOTA but if their StarCraft coverage is good I might actually use that site. I love the StarCraft scene.

#8 Posted by ma_rc_01 (364 posts) -

I know none of these people, GAME ON!

#9 Posted by MachoFantastico (4719 posts) -

That could be awesome, now we can finally make competitive Windjammer tournaments a thing.

#10 Posted by jayjonesjunior (1090 posts) -

A website dedicated to Divekick? Count me in!

#11 Posted by applet0n (654 posts) -

This seems like a really smart idea. How big were these editors before they got hired by CBSi?

#12 Edited by Mezmeranto (12 posts) -

Evoli was a manager for the esports team EG i think, slasher wrote about esports for gamespot and thorin wrote good articles and did a interview series for team acer.

Pretty sweet design.

#13 Edited by madpierrot (68 posts) -

Any website where the majority of your writers go by, or even mention, their online handle / nickname is off to a bad start. Though I would be interested in following some DOTA 2 stuff.

#14 Posted by ProfessorK (824 posts) -

I just can't shake that urge to feel disgusted when I hear the term E-Sprots because it reminds me of the 90's when everything had EXTREME tacked on to it.

#15 Edited by thebunnyhunter (1432 posts) -

Gerstman's plan for 24hrs of constant Windjammers is coming to fruition. Because you know, Windjammers in the one true eSport.

#16 Posted by Bollard (5604 posts) -

I hope they add forums for each game. Sorely missing right now. Beta is beta!

#17 Posted by Nictel (2422 posts) -

Any website where the majority of your writers go by, or even mention, their online handle / nickname is off to a bad start. Though I would be interested in following some DOTA 2 stuff.

Yeah though in all fairness more people probably 'know' Cyborgmatt than Matt Bailey.

#18 Posted by csl316 (8775 posts) -

Oh, hi Slasher. I'm guessing his test run with Gamespot was successful enough to convince the CBSi bigwigs. Nice.

#19 Posted by StarvingGamer (8287 posts) -

Oh hey, I've really liked the stuff Andrew Groen has written over at PAR. Maybe I'll have another site worth visiting? Wahoo!

#20 Posted by mbdoeden (184 posts) -

I'll check it out over the coming months.

But man that name is a little much right? I'm not alone in that right? I feel like there were a series of meetings and some people just needed it to have "game" somewhere in the title.

E SPORTS CATCH IT

#21 Edited by TurboMan (7560 posts) -

No VGCW or Salty Bets coverage. Who is this site even for?

#22 Posted by punkxblaze (2987 posts) -

Good luck, have website.

#23 Edited by thatdutchguy (1273 posts) -

Windjammers = ESPORTS !!!

#24 Posted by Rafaelfc (1351 posts) -

I hope they don't rob us of our Brad.

#25 Posted by TurboMan (7560 posts) -

@rafaelfc said:

I hope they don't rob us of our Brad.

Hey guys, I heard Brad was leaving.

#26 Posted by flasaltine (1676 posts) -

I don't know to feel about this. I guess it is cool but I don't know if I will use it. JoinDOTA provides a great service. They list all of the upcoming Dota matches, who won, who played in them, shows the tournament standings and brackets, team rankings. It is really great.

#27 Posted by MikeJFlick (443 posts) -

Esports = All the types of games that I'll never care about....

#28 Posted by Zero_ (1973 posts) -

I feel anyone that is interested in eSports is a pretty hardcore gamer anyway and I think they'll be invested into just one game rather than the broad 'scene' of eSports. As such, I think they'll mostly get their news on the dedicated game communities (r/dota2 or TeamLiquid) rather than a general, eSports site like this. But best of luck.

#29 Edited by forteexe21 (384 posts) -

I'm sorry, but I'm sticking with GB for my eSports needs.

#30 Posted by Slag (4459 posts) -

The idea probably has merit, but that site name is terrible and generic

#31 Edited by MidNVis (23 posts) -

"eSports" is fucking hilarious on so many levels.

#32 Posted by Snail (8607 posts) -

"Gamer" is a dumb "word". So is its plural form.

#33 Posted by RonGalaxy (3181 posts) -

I love how the top bar of their site (where things like 'news, new games, reviews, forums, etc) is dedicated to LoL, DOTA 2 and Starcraft 2.That is delightfully awful

#34 Posted by Chaser324 (6589 posts) -