Essential Side Quests in Mass Effect?

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Barrock

I have a bit of OCD so I want to experience the great side quests in Mass Effect, but I also want to start up Mass Effect 2. Are there any essential quests that I really should experience? 

(I tried starting this in the Mass Effect forum and I got an error. :(

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Barrock

Anyone? :( I want to play... heh.

Avatar image for charlesalanratliff
CharlesAlanRatliff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 34

I think that any side quests on the main planets are good to do, but I wouldn't bother with any of the uncharted world ones.  

I know this isn't much, but Mass Effect was a while ago for me. I also think there are a couple of ones that take place on ships that might be worth doing, but in general, I wouldn't bother with the uncharted worlds at all. At least not if you are looking for interesting side quests. I personally like the exploration, but I am not sure how much time I would dedicate to something like that knowing that Mass Effect 2 is waiting!

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Barrock
@Vito_Raliffe said:
" I think that any side quests on the main planets are good to do, but I wouldn't bother with any of the uncharted world ones.   I know this isn't much, but Mass Effect was a while ago for me. I also think there are a couple of ones that take place on ships that might be worth doing, but in general, I wouldn't bother with the uncharted worlds at all. At least not if you are looking for interesting side quests. I personally like the exploration, but I am not sure how much time I would dedicate to something like that knowing that Mass Effect 2 is waiting! "
On the side planets it seems the environments are constantly recycled. I hope the side quests in 2 are a bit better. I just hope the side quests don't play into 2 very much.
Novyx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Novyx

It actually doesn't take that long to check each planet. You can find maps of which planets are landable. It took me well under a week to do every sidequest in ME1 before ME2 came out. I don't know how many play into 2 for sure, and moreover, into 3, so I just did everything. Even scanning the keepers and collecting those goddamn minerals.

Chyro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Chyro

From what I've seen side quests change small differences in ME2.  I.E.  If you kill a certain person in ME1 they won't show up in ME2.  If you persuade her to stop her evil ways she will appear somewhere in the universe and say how much you changed her life.  I did every side quest in ME1 and you get small bonuses for minerals if you do the mining/planet scanning.  Also if you end the game with  a certain amount of money you start ME2 with bonus $.  It's small differences.  If you enjoy back story and that sort of thing I would do them all.  If you are just looking to play the game don't bother with em.  Only the main choices matter so far.  Who knows what matters in ME3.

ajamafalous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#7  Edited By ajamafalous

I'd say definitely do any of the party member side quests, do the rogue VI one on Luna (Earth's moon), and do the Cerberus one (think it starts with an Alliance Distress call and then you go visit Admiral Kahoku, could be wrong though). I'm sure I'm missing at least one or two other major ones.

Personally, I did every damn thing you could do on a single playthrough in that game.

Barrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Barrock
@ajamafalous said:
" I'd say definitely do any of the party member side quests, do the rogue VI one on Luna (Earth's moon), and do the Cerberus one (think it starts with an Alliance Distress call and then you go visit Admiral Kahoku, could be wrong though). I'm sure I'm missing at least one or two other major ones.   Personally, I did every damn thing you could do on a single playthrough in that game. "
Thanks for the tips. I've written those down and will definitely do those.