#1 Posted by RainbowRaccoon (125 posts) -

Ever beaten a game without ever dying?  The only one I've done is Metroid Prime.  Finished in 8 hours, 80% items.

#2 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11477 posts) -

Yeah, sure. I beat Resident Evil DS in under an hour, single segment. Other than that though... maybe? I don't make a record of every time I pull a brad in any given playthrough.

#3 Posted by kingclaw (757 posts) -
#4 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -

Prince of Persia 2008 :) 

Honestly though, I don't think I've ever kept track of something like that. So probably, no.

#5 Edited by Junkerman (253 posts) -

Starcraft II on hard
Mass Effect 1
Fable 1 and 2
Oblivion

**Edit**  Also I just remembered that I beat diablo 2 with a druid without dying.  But that wasnt my first time playing like with the other games so I dont know if that counts.

#6 Posted by cwdawg1224 (277 posts) -

Beat Bioshock 2 on my first try without dying. 

#7 Posted by Snipzor (3317 posts) -

Technically you can't die in Bioshock. But that can't count, so I guess I can't remember the last time it happened. Although if this is about beating a game without dying regardless of what run it is, then the last time it happened was in a run of Eternal Darkness I started a few weeks back.

#8 Posted by Bear (247 posts) -
#9 Posted by HitmanAgent47 (8576 posts) -

Killer instinct arcade.

#10 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

Mass Effect 2 - a brilliant, yet stupidly easy game on the default difficulty.

#11 Posted by spankingaddict (2659 posts) -

Yeah. Okami. Although it's actually hard too die in that game :)

#12 Posted by Tearhead (2155 posts) -

I did that all the time with old SNES JRPGs. I grind like a mother fucker.

#13 Posted by buzz_clik (6919 posts) -
Yup. Anyone who knows me wouldn't have seen that coming AT ALL.
#14 Posted by JJOR64 (18909 posts) -
#15 Posted by Diamond (8634 posts) -

Doom on the easiest skill level is mad easy that way.  Same with Quake 1...

Super Mario Bros 3 using warp whistles I'm sure...

Probably lots of others.

#16 Posted by Jasta (2217 posts) -

The Thing (PS2)

I'm postive there will be more but I cant think of any at the moment.

#17 Posted by Ravenousrattler (1417 posts) -

nah i think i die at least once in every game, usually because i'm doing something stupid, or something wasn't quite explained

#18 Posted by Crixaliz (782 posts) -
@RainbowRaccoon:  Wow really? I thought the Omega Pirate and the final boss in Metroid Prime were pretty difficult
#19 Posted by NTM (7266 posts) -

Bioshock 2 most recently. And more in the past.
#20 Posted by Truant19 (197 posts) -

Demon Souls

#21 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

I'm sure I've done it with the first Super Mario Brothers, without using the warps mind you, considering the hundreds of times I've played that game.
#22 Posted by bartok (2423 posts) -

Resident Evil 2 but that is only because to get an S Rank you could only save once(I think), not use the unlimited chain gun or rocket launcher, beat the game in under a certain time ( I think 2 hours), and not use any health sprays.

#23 Posted by thedj93 (1237 posts) -
@Truant19 said:
" Demon Souls "
+1 internets
#24 Posted by blazerx9x (648 posts) -
@ShadowKing7 said:
" I'm sure I've done it with the first Super Mario Brothers, without using the warps mind you, considering the hundreds of times I've played that game. "
#25 Posted by SethPhotopoulos (5110 posts) -

MGS original on extreme. 

Can't do it anymore since I've gotten used to newer games.

#26 Posted by Korwin (2828 posts) -

GTA4, unless you count missions fails due to dodge AI following and what not.  Never had Niko recover at the hospital though, game was damn easy.

#27 Posted by ajamafalous (11850 posts) -

Probably plenty.

#28 Posted by Th3_James (2576 posts) -

I don't think Super Street Fighter: IV counts, but I usually end up killing myself by accident, or mess up a mission and kill myself to retry it or escape a glitch. 

Even if I succeed and survive a certain part of a game I will usually restart and attempt the situation from differant angles to see how the game reacts. 

#29 Posted by RE_Player1 (7549 posts) -

Any Pokemon game and Half Life 2

#30 Posted by MikkaQ (10268 posts) -

I've beaten Doom 2 and Bioshock without dying, but that's about it. 

#31 Posted by Synthballs (2193 posts) -

Bioshock. 

Up until yesterday Supreme Commander 2  

I thought I was good at that game, then I tried the Cheating Difficulty for my opponents :( 

#32 Posted by jorbear (2517 posts) -

StarCraft II on Normal. 

#33 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2907 posts) -

I can beat quite a few Mega Man games without dying.

#34 Posted by azhang (111 posts) -

I get too reckless and plus I want to enjoy my games.

#35 Posted by KamikazeCaterpillar (1179 posts) -

It's pretty shameful but I beat Kung Fu Panda without dying the day I got my 360.

#36 Posted by MatPaget (1113 posts) -

Donkey Kong Country!

#37 Posted by SteamPunkJin (1286 posts) -

Prototype 
Both Mass Effects

#38 Posted by GunstarRed (5030 posts) -

Sonic The Hedgehog, Gunstar heroes, Devil May Cry 1 & 2, Bayonetta, Resident Evil 4 and Gears of War all on Default difficulty. There are probably more but they escape my mind.
#39 Posted by DiscoDuck8k (499 posts) -

Only one I know for a fact is F.E.A.R. since there was an achievement for doing so.

#40 Posted by oldjack327 (132 posts) -

Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past

#41 Posted by iam3green (14390 posts) -

yeah, super mario brothers 3. i don't think i have done anything like that this generation.

#42 Posted by MrKlorox (11206 posts) -

Ah.... man. Not likely but I'm not gonna rule out the possibility. I don't think I've ever finished a game in one sitting, and I forget that kinda stuff after saving and taking a break.

#43 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@Junkerman: if you telling the truth you must be pretty good
#44 Posted by CL60 (16906 posts) -

Mass Effect.

#45 Posted by sagesebas (2003 posts) -
@thedj93: the guy is obviously a liar and trying to get attention, don't help him
#46 Posted by Belonpopo (1823 posts) -

Rachet and Clank: Up your arsenal

#47 Posted by Huey2k2 (486 posts) -
@Truant19 said:
" Demon Souls "

Despite the fact that you are obviously lying I am still going to reply.

It is impossible to beat Demon's Souls without dying at least once as the game forces you to die right near the very beginning.
#48 Posted by Toms115 (2316 posts) -

not dying on the first playthrough? king kong is one of the only examples i can recall. not dying after many, many attempts to get a clean, no-deaths playthrough? all four original sonic games are the only ones i've ever bothered with.

#49 Posted by Junkerman (253 posts) -
@sagesebas: 
aha thanks, but idk, those aren't really hard games.  Oblivion I played a stealth character so I was always very cautious, The fable series has to be the easiest games on earth.  Starcraft 2 I tended to turtle during the campaign and with all the defensive structure upgrades (ie. bunkers and the like) its more time consuming then hard, and playing a soldier in mass effect 1, with the health always regenerating its not too bad either.

Although I may not die as much in games, my /played is probably longer then most.
#50 Posted by Sarumarine (2173 posts) -
Okami, although that really isn't saying anything. If I had to pick a game that requires a little more effort, I can say that I beat Metroid: Zero Mission without dying on Normal. Hard is a whole other story though.