Ever Been To A Video Game Convention/Expo?

JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#1  Edited By JJWeatherman

Hey everyone,

I was really sad last year when I found out I could have gone to PAX up in Washington but missed my opportunity. I didn't know it was going on until it was too late. It is just a few hour drive from my house so it killed me that I missed it.

I always have wanted to go to go to a game show like Tokyo Game Show, E3, PAX, etc. Even with the stories I have heard about how super crowded it is at Tokyo Game Show, I would still LOVE to go. But with that being in Japan, Liepzig being in Germany, and E3 being closed to the public, PAX seems like the best option at going to a high profile game show. But enough about my dreams.

I posted this because I wanted to know if anyone here has been to any of these game expos. I'm sure there has to be some people here that have. If so, could you tell me what your experience was like? Was it what you expected? Was it crowded? Would you go again? etc.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Gmanall

No, I have wanted to... maybe someday

VWGTI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By VWGTI

I've gone to MAGfest the past couple of years. It's not really huge, but its a fun time. They have a lot of random stuff you can buy such as t-shirts, plushies, and artwork. In addition, they have a ton of older games you can buy (NES, SNES, Atari, etc...). Last January I got to meet The Angry Video Game Nerd (who is much shorter than he looks) and Stuttering Craig. I was completely wasted when I met Craig and I think after he realized this he handed me a free ScrewAttack pin and just laughed.

Good times.

Avatar image for kaosangel-DELETED
KaosAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By KaosAngel

TGS ever year for the past couple years.  I only went to public days once for fun...and it was the worst thing ever.

Gmanall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By Gmanall
KaosAngel said:
"TGS ever year for the past couple years.  I only went to public days once for fun...and it was the worst thing ever."
Do you live near there or do you fly?
JJWeatherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 18

#6  Edited By JJWeatherman
KaosAngel said:
"TGS ever year for the past couple years.  I only went to public days once for fun...and it was the worst thing ever."
That's cool. I'd like to go at least once, even if it is the worst thing ever. lol.