Ever ruined a game for yourself?

Rebel_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rebel_Scum

After watching AC3 E3 stuff got me into AC so I bought Brotherhood and finished that whilst waiting for the original and 2 to come in the mail. After finishing brotherhood I completed the first one. Went back to brotherhood to do the da vinci disappearance dlc and I'm really sick of AC now and don't want to play another one any time soon. So...ever ruined a game for yourself?

iam3green

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By iam3green

no, i don't think so. one thing that comes to mind was god of war hd collection. i tried playing the game under 5 hours and i didn't do it. i said screw this game i'm not playing it.

Joeyoe31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Joeyoe31

Yeah, played through all the main series of Resident Evil to get ready for Revelations. Popped it in once, played for about an hour and was so tired of Resident Evil that I still can't play it. Maybe I'm just waiting for a trip or something.

Terramagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Terramagi

I read a walkthrough for Shadow of the Colossus.

To be fair though, it accidentally put the strategy for the eleventh colossus in place of the third. So I had to figure that one out myself.

DocDino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By DocDino

I walked in to my brother's room just as he was playing the last bit of Bioshock. It took me another 3 years to want to play the game for myself afterwards.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I watched a walkthrough for Heavy Rain when I didn't have a PS3.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#7  Edited By myniceicelife

after playing P4A i now know what happens to the MC in P3 even though i haven't beaten it yet. doesn't bug me too much, but may take some of the impact out. also i've never played FFVII so whenever they get around to getting it to work on the Vita i'll avoid using Aeris since that whole story bit has been known for too long.

Humanity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 16

#8  Edited By Humanity

I never thought I'd play Bulletstorm so I watched half of a lets play of that game - I bought it recently and it was super fun but I'd seen half of what was coming and the first half of the game has the best surprises so I kinda ruined it for myself.

corruptsaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By corruptsaves

Theres some games I watch through I Youtube like the first Mass Effect before playing 2. In other cases I avoid certain games of the same genre so I don't get bored of them, such as not playing Saints Row The Third. The games I don't play can always go on the Steam sale list if I ever get that new PC.

Itwastuesday

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Itwastuesday

I was so anxious to see how Deus Ex: Human Revolution actually turned out that I marathoned through it. I think at some point near the end that I had been so beaten over the head with cyberpunk themes and oversaturated cyberpunk visuals in such a short amount of time that I got a major headache, but I persisted through it and had an absolutely awful time with the entire last level and ending sequence.

NlGHTCRAWLER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By NlGHTCRAWLER

Can't really say I have with a game or series. But music on the other hand...

I used to LOVE The Beatles. Now I want to tear my ears off when I hear them.

css_switchfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By css_switchfoot

I played every side quest in Kingdoms of Amalur Recoking and got to about 50 hours of the game and got sick of it. Never finished the main story. I wish I had just done the main story. I do that with a lot of RPGs.

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Oh Dragon Quest allows me to grind a lot of classes/jobs for bonus stats? Yay!
*much grinding later*
Oh wait this had a story? Fuck, I don't care anymore.

Wemibelle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

User Lists: 11

#14  Edited By Wemibelle

@MyNiceIceLife said:

after playing P4A i now know what happens to the MC in P3 even though i haven't beaten it yet. doesn't bug me too much, but may take some of the impact out. also i've never played FFVII so whenever they get around to getting it to work on the Vita i'll avoid using Aeris since that whole story bit has been known for too long.

I don't recall it ever mentioning the particulars of the MC from P3. Maybe I didn't notice because I already knew that fact?

I remember buying the strategy guide for KOTOR when I got the game and stupidly reading through it, spoiling the massive twist halfway through the game. Really hated myself for a while there.

Avatar image for deactivated-63f899c29358e
deactivated-63f899c29358e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not really, I have bad tendency to watch gameplay of the singleplayer before I play the game myself, but I've gotten pretty good at controlling myself so I don't spoil the entire game for me.

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Levius

FFTA2 I did so many side quests the main quests became really easy, and so boring.

Metalisticpain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Metalisticpain

I also ruined Persona 3 ending for myself, but by reading forums :(

morkaithewolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#18  Edited By morkaithewolf

I ruined the big hook for Infinite Undiscovery for myself on accident. Was talking about similar hooks (I don't wish to spoil it) and my friend just revealed it but I just ignored it at the time. Next thing I know, I went to play the game, looked at the main character and never touched it again...that was 2 years ago now and I just can't will myself to play the game now.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#19  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Mass Effect 2. Caved in and watched pretty much everything Bioware threw at us, and that was pretty much every plot point in the game including big things around the end.

Tomkang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Tomkang

Mass effect 3. I bought 2 and completed it twice, then got 1 and beat that 3 times. Imported save from 1 into 2 to get paragon storyline but too burned out to even start 3

Avatar image for deactivated-589cf9e3c287e
deactivated-589cf9e3c287e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

I read spoilers for Bioshock back when it was new. Now I have no desire to see it through to the end.

TobbRobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By TobbRobb

@c0l0nelp0c0rn1 said:

I read spoilers for Bioshock back when it was new. Now I have no desire to see it through to the end.

Yuuup. I was halfway through it too. Never playing all of that game.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#23  Edited By Deranged

Ruined? Not that I recall, and definitely not intentionally to myself. Other people have tried though.

myniceicelife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By myniceicelife

@wemibelec90 said:

@MyNiceIceLife said:

I don't recall it ever mentioning the particulars of the MC from P3. Maybe I didn't notice because I already knew that fact?

I remember buying the strategy guide for KOTOR when I got the game and stupidly reading through it, spoiling the massive twist halfway through the game. Really hated myself for a while there.

It's never directly spelled out, but with the indirect comments about him it wasn't too hard to put it together.

Sin4profit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 37

#25  Edited By Sin4profit

i feel like i ruined the original Mass Effect for myself by focusing more on exploring the side quest planets, that got old pretty quick and it had burnt me out.

Shaka999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Shaka999

Unfortunately, Persona 4 for me. In some other thread here, I saw a picture with Adachi and he says something to the crew like "She wouldn't stop yelling!" so I looked up his Wiki page and I could've stopped myself, but I kept going and spoiled the rest. Dunno if I'm gonna finish the Endurance Run now...

joetom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By joetom

@Godlyawesomeguy said:

Being a stupid kid, I read the choice and consequence for the end of Grand Theft Auto IV. Why the fuck would I ever do that?

Yeah, I knew exactly what would happen when I made the final choice. I occasionally wonder if I would have chosen differently had I not known.

Dagbiker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 16

#29  Edited By Dagbiker

No, but I got pretty wrecked on FPS's for a while. Bought a few over the steam summer sale, and, while I still have to qualify with "pretty good for a FPS" I am having fun playing them.

Avatar image for shadowconqueror
ShadowConqueror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By ShadowConqueror

I watched a playthrough of Legend of Grimrock. No regrets.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

Warhammer 40K Rts series. I played the main campaign through twice because I lost my first save. Was so burned out I only played 2 or 3 missions of the first expansion.

That1BlackGuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By That1BlackGuy

I used to be a completionist when I was younger so back then if you told me I missed an item that's gone forever, I'd drop the game right there and completely lose all interest in playing it... I used to really dislike complete missables and PONRs.

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

#33  Edited By Video_Game_King

I fear that having seen the score for The Last Story (because it was plastered on the title of a thread) may have ruined it for me. We shall wait and see.

FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By FancySoapsMan

I've spoiled plenty of games for myself by accident  

fortunately though I've gotten better at avoiding plot details

Karl_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Karl_Boss

The Mad Moxxi DLC almost ruined Borderlands for me.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e49e9175da37
deactivated-5e49e9175da37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

In terms of spoiled the story, probably but who cares?

In terms of did something annoying over and over again because I felt I had to, no, because I'm not Vinny. When I heard Vinny say "gotta find all the keys before I move on" and the rest of the crew tell him to smarten up, I actually got angry for a second. My roommate does that. Even after a decade of playing action-adventure, he still will run against a wall pressing every button for 20 minutes if he thinks there's a collectible back there. Will not move on, even if he knows he has to. And then he quits and doesn't like the game. I want to drive railroad spikes into my head.

The thermoses in Alan Wake. They basically were the story. Narrative tension wasn't saving Alan's wife, it was the ritualistic collection of coffee thermoses.

AngelN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By AngelN7

I knew beforehand about a couple of characters dying at the end basically because one guy tweeted "hey this character dies at the end of the game spoilers!" wich was really shitty I still haven't play that game and ther other one was Jeff about a recent game; easy to figure out the fate of that character so it didn't surprise me me but still kinda shitty but unless you read in detail everything about the conclusion you don't really get spoiled of anything since potentially every character could die at the end of his/her journey so whatever with those kinds of spoilers , other than that I don't think I have "ruined" a game for myself.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#38  Edited By csl316

Beat Devil May Cry 4 six times so I was good for awhile. I couldn't even bring myself to buy the HD collection. So this reboot's just in time!

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By kindgineer

Ah, you mean burn out. Yeah, I've done that a couple of times, actually. However, it never really has much to do with a game itself, but rather the industry as a whole. Sometimes I will binge-play the hell out of games and take a break for a while, or completely skip an entire game due to it landing in that burned-out week.

confusedowl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By confusedowl

If I'm really enjoying a game I sometimes go to the wiki and read up on lore and usually end up spoiling important plot points for myself. I know it's going to happen but I can't help myself when I want to know more about the games world.

pyromagnestir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 23

#41  Edited By pyromagnestir

Fire Emblem The Sacred Stones. It's not a tough game, really you can beat it without even understanding the intricacies of how a Fire Emblem game works as I pretty much did when I first got it, yet when I played it recently I spent way too much time grinding characters levels up in re-spawning monster missions and the Tower of Valni, mostly because I could. That really made the game start to feel like a chore after a while.

Silvergun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Silvergun

I totally ruined Tales of Vesperia for myself. I was playing it and my cat jumped up on my 360 and knocked it off the shelf it was on. The 360 makes a noise like a circular saw going through a piece of lumber, and sure enough, when I pull the disc out to take a look, the thing had a really nice spiral groove going down it. It was ruined!

Too bad too, that was my first Tales game and I had really been enjoying it.

Mystyr_E

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 93

#43  Edited By Mystyr_E

Mass Effect 3. I wanted to avoid spoilers but everyone and their cat was bitching about the endings and I couldn't escape it. Somebody off-handedly said it in a different forum and I was like "aw fuck it, I'll just youtube them then". Explains why I didn't beat it until 4 months later I guess

daiphyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#44  Edited By daiphyer

Skyrim for me. I think around 70 hours in, I did the crafting (Iron daggers) trick, and made the best weapons and armor that I could for myself, and I was very close to level 50, so I had no desire to do any side-quests or even look in chests anymore. The game got real boring because of that.

Shabs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45  Edited By Shabs

I think I wrecked Mass Effect 3 by not waiting until the Extended Cut was out to finish it.

I enjoyed the game and the ending was somewhat satisfying but I robbed myself of any willingness to play it ever again (which is saying something because until the ending happened I couldn't wait to jump back in for an Insanity run).

HellBrendy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By HellBrendy

FalloOut 3. Ventured so long, and quested sohard, that when I died finally taking on the last main quest I never turned it back on. I'm afraid I'm about to do the same thing with Skyrim.

Duder_Me

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Duder_Me

I saw the ending to Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time, because I'm a huge Ratchet & Clank fan. The ending had a huge spoiler.