#1 Posted by MisterMollusk (399 posts) -

I'm predicting that as people get their thousand points and become moderators, mainstream sites will become increasingly quickly updated by moderators (and others dedicated to updating this site) while normal people looking for points will be forced to play and edit sites for the DS games no one plays.

#2 Posted by MattyFTM (14364 posts) -

People don't become moderators once they get 1000 points, they merely don't need their edits to be moderated. Mods will be chosen by the staff members once they've got a grip on who in the community seems responsible.

#3 Posted by Page1 (92 posts) -

I wonder what would happen if everyone with a thousand points became a moderator.

#4 Posted by Pikachu (449 posts) -
Page1 said:
"I wonder what would happen if everyone with a thousand points became a moderator.
"
thats not gonna happen
#5 Posted by TanKLoveR (333 posts) -

I'm sure a few ppl will volunteer but its really up to the staff of the site to name the mods.

#6 Posted by BlackWaterCO (1574 posts) -

Points =/= Mods

#7 Posted by p4ddym1607 (995 posts) -

I am sure some responsible people will come up through the ranks and get to be moderators. Which is nice.

#8 Posted by MichaelScott (193 posts) -
Page1 said:
"I wonder what would happen if everyone with a thousand points became a moderator.
"
Hopefully we'll never know.
#9 Posted by LouChou (458 posts) -

Yeah, I wouldn't say automatic moderation priviliges are a good idea for high contributors. That should be left to the staff to decide.

#10 Posted by UrbanGuerilla (103 posts) -

It should be said though, that the amount of mods needs to be bumped up at least temporarily for the lainch of the site.
Anyways, how many mods are there anyway? I only know of Citizen Kane.

#11 Posted by MisterMollusk (399 posts) -

Ack whoops, I didn't mean them actually becoming moderators but being able to bypass the moderation process.

#12 Posted by Vinchenzo (6192 posts) -

I would hate if points determined moderation requirements. Why? Everytime I edit something it gets edited before mine is validated. :(

#13 Posted by MisterMollusk (399 posts) -

Oh dear, could you imagine if forum moderators were the people with the most posts?

#14 Posted by nezze00 (144 posts) -

Yeah, as others have said, points do not allow you to become a moderator. At least I hope not. It wouldn't make a person responsible by just adding new content. We'll see how it goes down, don't worry.