#51 Posted by coribald (312 posts) -
#52 Posted by shinboy630 (1137 posts) -
#53 Edited by busted1der (199 posts) -

busted1der

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=48731

twitch.tv/JacobMcCourt

#54 Posted by PXAbstraction (338 posts) -
#55 Posted by Sparklykiss (1955 posts) -

I should probably drop my link for this stuff now, shouldn't I? Extra Life Page

I may or may not stream this year. But when it's closer to that day, I'll have more details on my Twitter page.

#57 Edited by bpriller (16 posts) -

I am in again - This is my 5th year.

Here is my donation link - http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=45144

And my twtich page - http://www.justin.tv/bpriller

I wrote these notes a few years ago about how to help survive the gaming, maybe I will modernize them and post it on the blog here - http://2idiotgamers.com/?p=571

#58 Posted by Matt (962 posts) -

I've managed to get 25 copies of Cards Against Humanity to raffle off! Anyone who donates to me will be entered to win.

I've also updated the original post with all your links.

#59 Posted by zolloz89 (252 posts) -

I think I'm leaning toward playing 6 games for 4 hours each from my pretty large stack of games I have to play or get back to. That or go all out and Dark Souls it up for the entire time.

#60 Posted by Fattony12000 (7323 posts) -

Extra Life 2013 Mysteries...

However, it's nigh on useless FOR THE TWO PLAYSTATION ONE GAMES THAT I'M GOING TO PLAY FOR OUR NEXT GIANT BOMB BASED CHARITY ENDURANCE RUN EVENT HINT HINT.

• Both of the games I'll be playing are part of the same series.
  • The sequel to the first game in the series was never released in the United States of Americaland.

Something Else...

More importantly, @matt, can you add a space between "Extra" and "Life" in the thread title? Your careless disregard for the rules is utterly astonishing for someone in a position such as yours.

Shocking.

Simply shocking.

#61 Edited by Space_Sandwich (108 posts) -

I'm also interested in joining and, like a few others have mentioned, I'm into the idea of playing 25 hours of horror games because I'm apparently looking for a way to emotionally damage myself for years to come.
You know, for the kids.

I'm Thinking of marathoning both Amnesia games and the Penumbra games.

I haven't signed up yet since I'm still trying to see if my former magazine would like to sponsor my marathon, but I'm wondering if I can join multiple teams?

Still waiting on their response though...

#62 Posted by alexisg (382 posts) -

Drew and I are definitely interested in doing this as well. Right now the big hangup is that I will be on the east coast November 1st for one of my best friend's wedding (I know, how rude of him not to check the Extra Life dates!). Trying to see when I would be flying back to be able to make this happen. We may have to do it on the 3rd if we can do it, which is obviously a bummer since part of the excitement is being able to do it with all of you.

Staff
#63 Posted by Confirm4Crit (142 posts) -
#64 Edited by Matt (962 posts) -

@alexisg: If it's on the day of the event or not I feel like I speak for pretty much everyone (in the world) when I say you guys should definitely do another stream this year.

#65 Edited by Hassun (1071 posts) -

Despite my virulent hate for children I am very excited for this year's extra life. Drew and Alexis should definitely partake. Just let Alexis go to the wedding, say no to all the alcohol, get back and get on that couch!

I wonder if anyone is doing anything Battlefield 4 - related since that releases right around that time.

#66 Posted by subrandom (117 posts) -
#68 Posted by TonyBlue87 (294 posts) -

My improv team is joining the cause! We already do a web series called Happy Hour Game Time, so we figured a 25-hour long episode would be right up our alley. We're partnering up with a whole bunch of local community talent in Las Vegas, and it should be pretty damn exciting. Good luck, duders!

Team Page: www.extra-life.org/team/happyhourimprov

Twitch Page: www.twitch.tv/happyhourimprov

#69 Edited by Nickieroonie (141 posts) -

I've set up a Twitch account (thanks to @fattony12000 for helping out)!

http://www.extra-life.org/participant/nickieroonie

http://www.twitch.tv/nickieroonie

I'm planning on playing games that I think are interesting to watch, and that I can complete quickly. So far I'm gonna play and complete RE4, Dark Souls, Super Meat Boy, and Illusion of Gaia. Gonna play each one soon to figure out how much time I'll have left after those games. Suggestions are welcome!

PS - My Twitch is on private mode right now while I figure out the settings a little better.

#70 Posted by Fattony12000 (7323 posts) -
#71 Posted by Matt (962 posts) -

Once again @hamst3r has made us an amazing promo video. GET PUMPED FOR THE KIDS!

#72 Posted by LaserJesus (50 posts) -
#73 Posted by Nickieroonie (141 posts) -
#74 Posted by Matt (962 posts) -
#75 Posted by Fattony12000 (7323 posts) -

@chaser324 is building us a fucking sick new video/chat page. You'll all get to see it soon enough. It's dope as shit. Goddamn.

One thing I would like everyone to think about is a Twitter hashtag for us to use to digitally pimp our efforts. Because this is a Giant Bomb Community thing, I thought something simple like #GBCEL (Giant Bomb Community Extra Life) would work, as that's what we are. So...there. What are all y'alls thoughtz?

I'm going to make a blog post soon with deets and tips and hints and other things soon, it'll discuss the above things, as well as more other things, too.

#soonmyprettysoon

#76 Posted by Nickieroonie (141 posts) -

@fattony12000: I will use this hashtag on my glorious* and popular** Twitter account. Also, I just did some detective work*** and snuck a peek of said new video/chat page!

* Not so glorious

** Not popular at all

*** I clicked on Chaser's profile

#77 Edited by datarez (551 posts) -
#78 Posted by RioStarwind (526 posts) -
#79 Posted by KingRingtail85 (32 posts) -
#80 Posted by flakmunkey (71 posts) -

I will be streaming Diablo 3 on the PS3. Heres a Link to my page. Also @alexisg I live in RI, like 30 mins from the CT border. You're more than welcome to come crash our stream if you feel like coming out to Providence.

#81 Edited by flakmunkey (71 posts) -
#82 Posted by Chaser324 (6440 posts) -

#83 Posted by subrandom (117 posts) -

Was there a decided "Start Time" for everyone? i know time zones are crazy but wanted to know when people were going to kick it off.

#85 Posted by eccentrix (1547 posts) -
#86 Posted by Capaneus (37 posts) -
#87 Edited by Squill2k4 (17 posts) -
#88 Edited by B0nd07 (1699 posts) -
#89 Posted by rmanthorp (3913 posts) -

#twoburgers

#90 Edited by FCDRandy (219 posts) -
#91 Posted by Sen0r_Awes0me (99 posts) -

On my college's Gaming Club Extra-Life team for the second year. We are trying to combine public events on campus with streaming and other gaming sessions. Continuing our tradition of a NERF Battle through our Arts Center at 8 a.m. Saturday and a sunrise Sunday game of polo on our central green.

Best of luck to all the duders on the GB team and enjoy quantum leaping back into sanity after Daylight Savings :P

If anyone is interested:

Connecticut College Group Team

My Individual Player Page

#92 Edited by morrelloman (608 posts) -

Hey everybody. You can click the link below to Join the Playstation Movement. This will not change your affiliation with the Giantbomb ExtraLife team. It will make you eligible for a few goodies courtesy of Sony depending on how much you raise. Whoever raises the most $ gets a copy of Killzone:Shadowfall and Knack.

For those who had already joined Extra Life in any capacity, you can add to the PlayStation Movement to your profile here: http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=cms.page&id=1056

Read the full post on the Playstation blog via the link below: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/10/03/playstation-and-extra-life-team-up-for-childrens-hospitals/

#93 Edited by shinboy630 (1137 posts) -

@morrelloman: I saw that and didn't do anything because I did not want to mess up my GB affiliation. Good to know that it doesn't! Thanks!

#94 Posted by zolloz89 (252 posts) -

Ok, I'm trying to get a stream set up, but I've never done it before and have a few questions with OBS.

How do I set up 2 usb headsets for audio and mics? I've been doing some reading about using Virtual Audio Cable for the microphones, but I come up with nothing for help with output of game sound.

#96 Posted by Nickieroonie (141 posts) -

@subrandom: Extra Life suggests 8AM in your timezone, but it really doesn't matter. As far as I know, the GB team doesn't have any specific starting time.

#98 Posted by thefishofwisdom (15 posts) -
#99 Posted by lead_farmer (1041 posts) -
#100 Edited by fozzyozzy (52 posts) -