#251 Edited by Fattony12000 (7518 posts) -
@anomareh said:

According to explosive runs, the GB channel is the only one left, so it's time to fix that! I did 25, what's a few more.

Same here!

Blade Runner is running!

Good job guys, we raised a lot of money for the kids! :] Personally I went for around 12 hours and for the whole time I had like 3 viewers so eventually I decided I'm not gonna raise enough money even if I stay up for the full 25h so I just decided to save my sleep rhythm. Finished The Walking Dead and Darksiders, made total 5 bucks but I guess it's the thought that counts and I don't really think my stream is very entertaining either xD Thanks for the Giant Bomber who donated, I know it was one of you duders since I didn't even have the donation link up in the stream, since this happened before the marathon day.

All money is good money, good job duder! Link me your Twitch stream plz kk.

#252 Posted by dudeglove (8013 posts) -

#253 Posted by Cecil (27 posts) -

Just wanted to say great job to the Giant Bomb team for all the money you've raised so far. You guys are awesome!

#254 Posted by Rabbykayn (227 posts) -

I'm so proud of this community. 100 thousand dollars is amazing.

#255 Edited by Ind1gnation (28 posts) -

@fattony12000: Yeah I'm glad I still participated, I do like streaming and the community aspect. Next year I'll prepare better and save some more kids :] I do plan to stream more in the future so maybe I'll eventually gain some following too and get better at it! Here's the link to my twitch channel: www.twitch.tv/ind1gnation

Good job to you too duder, you were awesome!

#256 Posted by RioStarwind (562 posts) -

I'm amazed at how much the entire Giant Bomb community team made for charity. Great job with all your streams everyone! For next year I should just have a order for my games instead of the whatever I feel like playing at the moment I was doing on Sat. After playing Metal Slug X I might just do 24 hours of Neo Geo games next year hehe.

#257 Posted by Mahonay (829 posts) -

It's been amazing to see how much money both the GB community and Giant Bomb themselves have raised. Watch their last 10 minutes now.

I got a late donation for the stream I did over the weekend, up to $727!

#258 Posted by Milkman (17008 posts) -

Never has there been a more fitting GIF.

#259 Edited by Ponyexpress (110 posts) -

@milkman said:

Never has there been a more fitting GIF.

Word.

#260 Posted by dudeglove (8013 posts) -

#261 Posted by Rotnac (782 posts) -

lmao, oh god. drew's face is priceless.

#262 Posted by devilzrule27 (1239 posts) -

Over 100k. This community is awesome.

#263 Posted by Aarny91 (3914 posts) -

That was great. I hope they're all fine after it :P

#264 Posted by Mahonay (829 posts) -

It's fucking amazing. You guys are all awesome.

#265 Posted by Matt (964 posts) -

@mahonay said:

@devilzrule27 said:

It's fucking amazing. You guys are all awesome.

I endorse this message!

#266 Edited by Itwongo (1217 posts) -

I hit my data cap right when they started the outro.

But one hundred grand! You blew it outta the park!

#267 Edited by Demoskinos (15011 posts) -

As goddamn exhausted as I am as I've been going since brad's stream with only 6hours of sleep on saturday night I gotta say I'm sort of bummed its over. That was so much fun. It made me really determined to find a streaming solution and do it next year. I'd like to see if I could get through all 5 DMC games or something in one sitting.

#268 Posted by bobafettjm (1518 posts) -

Great job to everyone who donated! I had so much fun this weekend watching a bunch of streams and donating some money for kids.

#269 Posted by amiga1200 (78 posts) -

Loved this. Always makes me grateful to be in the GB community.

#270 Posted by mithhunter55 (620 posts) -

@dudeglove: This is an exceptional pairing, very well done.

#271 Posted by Blur_Fan (142 posts) -

Great job to all involved. It was an honor to help out & hats off to a truly fantastic community :3

#272 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1083 posts) -

It was fun participating in this year's EL event! Can't wait till the next one.

#273 Posted by TravistyOJ (37 posts) -
#274 Posted by FCDRandy (238 posts) -

So as we wind down on Extra Life 2013, what future plans are there for www.explosiveruns.com? I would love to see this stick around as a kind of hub for Duder Streamers, and special events could be highlighted there.

#275 Edited by Chaser324 (6649 posts) -

@fcdrandy: It's not going anywhere. I've been discussing some ways to possibly improve/expand it with some people. All suggestions and comments are welcome.

#276 Posted by ScreamingGhost (215 posts) -

I just saw the gran total, that is just fantastic guys. Everyone who donated and held the streams deserves a pat on the back or a cold one at the bar.

#277 Posted by FCDRandy (238 posts) -

@chaser324: I think regularly scheduled community endurance runs is a great idea, and maybe have race weekends, where everyone plays the same game or series of games to see who finishes first!

#278 Posted by jiggajoe14 (741 posts) -

I wasn't able to see the last 14 hours of the GB stream so I can't wait to watch that. Watched over 30 hours worth of streaming altogether from both this site and explosiveruns. Excellent job duders. Such a fucking awesome community.

#279 Posted by GnomeonFire (766 posts) -

That was probably the most video game I've ever consumed in a weekend, I even played an additional 12 hours on Halloween.

#280 Edited by KingRingtail85 (35 posts) -

That was a lot of fun and I have NO hesitation about doing it again next year! The community is awesome and when needed to come together, do so in full force!

#281 Posted by NoRemnants (384 posts) -

Anyone know where to find the rankings for teams/individual streams by money raised?

#283 Edited by Demoskinos (15011 posts) -

I'm so pumped for next year. I love these gaming charity events like this and AGDQ so much fun to get together over something you love and raise money doing it for people who need it.

#284 Posted by Charon (46 posts) -

Holy Fuck!!!!

I really believe it's events like this that really encourage and promote the awesomeness that is the Giant Bomb community. I'm not saying we're better than Reddit, but, hey I'm a scientist and numbers don't lie.

#285 Edited by Nictel (2429 posts) -

I love you all.

#286 Edited by Ind1gnation (28 posts) -

@fcdrandy @chaser324 That sounds like so much fun, maybe we could make a giant bomb twitch team too?

#287 Posted by Matt (964 posts) -
#288 Posted by rmanthorp (4002 posts) -
#289 Posted by Tag (65 posts) -

Is there plans to upload the live stream to the site? I had to miss it :(

#290 Edited by Chaser324 (6649 posts) -

@tag: They took breaks on day two to split it into two hour chunks for archival purposes, but I imagine it might take a while to get it all onto the site. I'm unsure if Brad's stream will get the same treatment.

For the time being, just take a look on Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/giantbomb/profile/pastBroadcasts

#291 Posted by ddiggler (54 posts) -

This was the best thing I've witnessed, and done all year. Thank you everyone, especially Pascual for your awesome efforts. <3 :)

#292 Posted by Fattony12000 (7518 posts) -
#293 Posted by Matt (964 posts) -

@ddiggler said:

This was the best thing I've witnessed, and done all year. Thank you everyone, especially Pascual for your awesome efforts. <3 :)

Thanks! I'm incredibly proud of how this community has gotten involved in Extra-Life and I can't wait to see what we can do next year :D

#294 Edited by UitDeToekomst (719 posts) -

i'm jumping in a few days late here, i guess, but... i watched probably 2/3 of this live and just finished watching the whole deal in the archive. i just wanted to thank Brad, Jeff, Vinny, Drew, Alexis, Ian, Pascual, Kessler, Pizza Hut, Data East, what remains of Vinny's body, and everyone else who had something to do with this for making it a very enjoyable time. it is pretty rare for me to give to charity, but i ended up increasing my donation from last year 10-fold this time around. Long live Giant Bomb, Extra Life, and this sort of selfless endeavor. Cheers from 'Fortune Street Guy'.

#295 Posted by IrrelevantJohn (1083 posts) -

http://www.explosiveruns.com seems like a good hub for us to keep using to share our streams even after Extra Life. I still use the site to watch some stuff.

#296 Posted by Fattony12000 (7518 posts) -

Hey give us money, this train ain't pulled into the station yet.

I recommend donating to me, I plan to do a thing over the Annual Festive Season Holiday Period to do with..well...sailors...

(And you can still get a free game from my Steam gifts or an Origin/Steam code for something if you donate at least $5.)

I'll let you find you relevant links, you lazy bums.

#297 Posted by Matt (964 posts) -