Extra Life 2014

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Edited By Kazona

As I write this, I am 8 hours into my Extra Life live stream. This being my first time doing this, I have already learned that I should have started advertising this way earlier. While I have surpassed my goal of a $100 I know it would probably be more had I gotten the word out sooner. So while it is very unlikely that I will shatter any records with my 24 hour run, the experience will prove invaluable for next year.

For now, I will keep going. I still have quite some hours ahead of me, so perhaps I will get a few more donations. And if not, well, at least I'm not giving up and I am already planning for next year's Extra Life!

What have been your mistakes the first time you participated in this? Perhaps you even have some great tips to share to help people in their first Extra Life donation drive.

For the interested, my twitch stream can be found at http://www.twitch.tv/dkazona and my Extra Life page can be found at http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participantDonations&participantID=122347

extintor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 23

hey duder - I watched some of your stream earlier and thought you were doing fine... I'm about to start mine and I'm sure something will go wrong at some point with it...! good luck with the rest of your stream!

bhizzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Enjoyed the bit of Tomb Raider action going on in there. Keep on rockin', my friend!

Kazona

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

Thanks a bunch @james_hayward and @bhizzy!

Another tidbit for beginners like me.... Don't wait until the last night before you have to stream to get your streaming setup in order. Especially if you have never done such a thing before. If I prepared sooner I would been able to go to bed on time and not miss out on those vital hours of sleep.

kaos_cracker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

@kazona: This was also my first time doing it. I recommend trying to get on Explosive Runs next time to help get the stream out.

Happy streaming!

Pabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

Good luck, keep going! Looks like you're playing Portal 2 now, fun stuff. I'll be starting tomorrow for my first time ever, so I expect to learn a few things as I go too.