ExtraLife 2012 GiantBomb Team! - Play Games, Heal Kids

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

#151  Edited By happenstance

Just bought Phantasmagoria 1+2 from this weekends Good Old Games sale, gonna be saving them for the 24 hours.

ZombiePie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 19

#152  Edited By ZombiePie

It's good to see more and more people signing up for this.

elwillow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#153  Edited By elwillow

I've already registered with my company's team but the idea is dumb enough.

Breaking Mat Fundraising! http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donordrive.participant&participantID=37418

Following the final of Breaking Brad and because: A. Someone made the joke and B. it's 5 in the morning, I've had the great idea to do a Breaking Mat and play through both Doom 3 and its expansion on Nightmare during the 24 hours and attempt to finish both of them.

My company is supporting the event so I'll be streaming it from my office http://www.twitch.tv/elwillowlive.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 15

#154  Edited By Hizang

I have the Adventures of Monkey Hero coming soon, it's supposed to be a terrible Zelda clone, I can't wait!

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#155  Edited By matt

$2,606 before the event has even started. Keep it up guys!

zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#156  Edited By zolloz89

I have a grand total of 14 Power Rangers games over 6 different consoles all waiting to get played. What have I signed up for? Lol.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#157  Edited By wrathofconn
@zolloz89 Do you have the SNES one? My buddy and I played the hell out of that when we were younger.
zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By zolloz89
@wrathofconn
Yeah. All 4 of the SNES games to be exact. I scoured amazon for every console release of the power rangers, even different platforms for the same title. Most of those power rangers games were developed by two different developers, so they are completely different.
wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By wrathofconn

@zolloz89: This is the one I meant, but yeah, looking at the franchise page it looks like that licensing was all over the place.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#160  Edited By YI_Orange

Man, time flies. This got a bit away from me. But just to make things simple since I suck at technology. Does anyone know what equipment I would need to have games full screen on the TV for us, but also being streamed(composite. mostly old games probably). Also, what would we need to be able to broadcast all 3 of our voices. We have a microphone from something else, but it would pick up too much other noise and get complicated if people decided to lounge back due to distance. I've looked into stuff a little bit, but I get totally lost.

zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#161  Edited By zolloz89

@wrathofconn: Yup, got that one. I think after the 20th, I'll just go insane with Power Rangers.

@YI_Orange: The easiest way for me (without a usable computer) is to stream it using the iPhone app for Ustream. The mic is pretty decent in my testing it for my voice and game audio, but background noise is a huge problem.

Wong_Fei_Hung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Wong_Fei_Hung

I'm doing this with Gamespot's resident Irishman

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By matt

Well we hit the goal again, over $3000 now! I'm going to raise the goal to $5000 and probably leave it at that.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#164  Edited By _Zombie_

I'm wanting to re-write my fundraising page's statement thing, but I can't figure out how. Anyone mind helping me with this?

CanuckEh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 239

#165  Edited By CanuckEh

So I've signed up http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=39096

My working idea involves all N64 games, every half hour, and document the whole process online. http://64bit24hr.blogspot.ca/ Sealed boxes will be opened, games of questionable rarity will be played, there will be wrestling game after wrestling game after wrestling game, and at some point I guess I'll brush my teeth.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#166  Edited By wrathofconn

@zombiebigfoot: At the top of the screen on their site, you should see a "Dashboard" button on the left. Click on that, and log in if it asks, then look on the right under "Your Fundrasing". There's a "Your Fundraising Page" link, and if you click that there's an option to edit your page.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By _Zombie_

@wrathofconn: Thanks.

j3ffro919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#168  Edited By j3ffro919
zinchalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By zinchalk
lead_farmer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#170  Edited By lead_farmer

I'm already doing this with my team of buddies. We figure to play a crap ton of fighting games, so that should be alright since so many came out this year.

I wanna know, what is everybody else planning on doing to prepare? What kind of food do you have in mind?

My donation page here.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171  Edited By Hizang

This time next week, i will be dead.

zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#172  Edited By zolloz89

I may have to work the day after. This will be GREAT!

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#173  Edited By mrcraggle

As I'm not participating this year :( I had a few keys to giveaway so I've created 4 giveaways on Steamgifts all with a description and link to the GB Extra Life page. You can view the giveaways on my profile page http://www.steamgifts.com/user/mrcraggle and feel free to enter too.

j3ffro919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#174  Edited By j3ffro919

I'm trying to figure out if there is a decent way to stream what I am playing to the web without buying any hardware.

I'll be playing my Xbox or PS3 so I'm going to guess no, but if push came to shove I could set my laptop's webcam up to face the TV and stream off of that I guess. I've never really done that though, so the quality may be crap.

If anyone has any suggestions I am all ears.

zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By zolloz89

@j3ffro919: I was going to do that until my desktop was stolen by my mover. i'm using my iPhone and the Ustream app.

and a video to get PUMPED for my stream, and official Saban Brands track.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#176  Edited By Hizang

For those wondering how to stream, just do constant Twitter updates, I'm doing one or more every hour.

wrathofconn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By wrathofconn

@j3ffro919: The "laptop facing the TV" setup is what @PsEG did last year. It's not the ideal way to stream a console game but it is way cheaper than your other options!

matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By matt

I have taken the "spend a lot of money" option. I have a Blackmagic Intensity Pro, a mini-mixer and I bought a xsplit license. But all that means I'm pretty confident about my ability to produce a decent stream.

Mercot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#179  Edited By Mercot

So I made a little video to promote the final push on my Extra Life campaign:

My first attempt editing video. Pretty addictive. Wish the footage was better quality, but what can you do?

apocralyptic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 6

#180  Edited By apocralyptic
Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#181  Edited By Hizang

I still have no donations, please give me all of your money's.

happenstance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#182  Edited By happenstance

I tend to get a lot of my donations during the actual 24 hours or a week or so afterwards when people get around to giving me the money.

zinchalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183  Edited By zinchalk

I wanted to run this streaming idea by you guys and see what you think. I am going to stream Skyrim for 24 hours, in this case I go about the game performing the regular quest duties and dungeon clearing. But I must consume any edible object I come across. So, any cheese, ingredient, potion, flower, I happen to come across will get eaten. If I'm in a house, I must try to steal the food that I see. And all food farms will be pillaged. What do you think? Something that people might enjoy watching?

Twitch:

http://www.twitch.tv/zinchalk

Donation Page:

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=40412

Avatar image for spilledmilkfactory
spilledmilkfactory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 23

Getting in at the last second here, but here is my profile link:

http://www.extra-life.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=donorDrive.participant&participantID=41397

Not sure if I'll be able to livestream anything, but I just got a N64, SNES and GBA and I'm looking forward to revisiting some of my old favorites. If I can't set up a stream I'll try to update my GB blog some as I go.

zolloz89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By zolloz89

@zinchalk: I was thinking about Skyrim before I settled on my games. I'd watch that for sure.

_Zombie_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By _Zombie_

Gonna try to have a game schedule finalized by Thursday. Unfortunately.. it's a no-go on streaming.

DjTann3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#187  Edited By DjTann3r
mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By mrcraggle

Might wanna pop that goal up even higher. Donations have exploded over the past couple of days and it's now at $4,350. I still think a lot of donations will come in during the actual 24 hours.

YI_Orange

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#189  Edited By YI_Orange

Due to not having the money to make the stream work, I'm going to have to drop out(if that's a thing you can do). I meant to post this earlier but kept putting it off because I feel really shitty about doing it, especially since I was looking forward to this. I know, there's other options, and trust me I've thought about it, I think this just makes the most sense to do. Hopefully next year I'll have the means to participate.

That said, if anything anyone is doing needs multiple participants, I'd be glad to help out where I can. My only real limitation other than maybe not having the right games is I don't have an XBL Gold account. If you find yourself needing someone feel free to PM at any point and hopefully I'll see it in a timely fashion and be able to help out.

Sorry, and good luck everyone!

zinchalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#190  Edited By zinchalk

I've never done twitch.tv or streaming before, but I've jury rigged the roxio game capture hd with a USB mixer together to get commentary and game audio in on a nice clean channel. It actually looks like what time doing from the tests I've made streaming. I'm picking up a webcam today, probably an hd logitech. So you can see my shiny face and I'm going to jury right a borderless webcam window into the feed as well. Anyone have some sort of template for the twitch website? I'm kind of lousy at html, and photo editing.

dannyodwyer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 2

#191  Edited By dannyodwyer  Staff

We're doing one over in London if anybody fancies tuning in.

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#192  Edited By mrcraggle

@YI_Orange: Sorry to hear you drop out but I'm sure everyone here can understand. I too had to drop out too due to my own financial situation so instead I set up some giveaways on Steamgifts and tried to promote the group that way and asked people who haven't given anything away there, could perhaps donate. 1 person did say they've donated so it's not a complete loss and I will donate a few dollars here and there to some members. I had fairly lofty goals for this year that I could just need meet while being unemployed even though I was really hoping for otherwise. Maybe next year. I would rather give my all than to half ass it and do a bad job. I barely managed to raise $100 last year but my stream was also very boring as I didn't speak throughout my 24 hours but I'm not really confident speaking to myself if that makes sense.

bpriller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#193  Edited By bpriller
matt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By matt

You all need to check out the amazing promo video did for us http://youtu.be/TwEyKYIAxtw I've also added it to the original post.

j3ffro919

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195  Edited By j3ffro919

Hey if you wouldn't mind updating my Stream on the initial post. Trying for a big late push to overtake you...but I'm thinking that is unlikely...

I'll be livestreaming Dishonored, Costume Quest, Skyrim house building DLC (Hearthfire maybe?), and perhaps Borderlands 2 Pirate DLC clean up.

Donation Page - http://www.extra-life.org/participant/jeffbeck

Streaming Location - http://www.twitch.tv/j3ffro

mrcraggle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#196  Edited By mrcraggle

@Matt said:

You all need to check out the amazing promo video did for us http://youtu.be/TwEyKYIAxtw I've also added it to the original post.

Damn, Hamst3r got them wubwub and AE skills.

Hizang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197  Edited By Hizang
@YI_Orange I'm doing it without streaming, but with hourly Twitter updates :)
Hamst3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 2

#198  Edited By Hamst3r

@Matt said:

FOR THE KIDS.

ArcBorealis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#199  Edited By ArcBorealis

So damn close to Saturday. I pretty much got my lineup of games down, though not everything is concrete. Things could go on longer than planned for instance.

Nevertheless, the basic lineup:

• Borderlands 2 from 8 to 10 AM, either playing Mechromancer or Captain Scarlett. We'll see what happens there.
  • Another Century's Episode R from 10 to 3 PM at the latest. Gonna play through one whole campaign, which isn't very long when you skip all the cutscenes and dialogue. Takes about 4 to 5 hours.
  • Resident Evil 4 Separate Ways. At this point, I have no idea how long that will take, so I'll just not list the expect time for this.
  • Juniper's Knot as a quick breather, and I've had this visual novel installed for months and haven't tried it. Supposed to be super short.
  • Arx Fatalis, from whenever I finish Separate Ways & Juniper's Knot right up till midnight.
  • Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines, from midnight to 3 AM at the latest.
  • For the final 5 hours, anything goes.

Two more days. Can't wait to do this.

JJOR64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#200  Edited By JJOR64

While I'm not doing a Official 24hour stream for this event, I might do an unofficial one and just link the main donation page. I hate working every weekend.