Fable 2 or Far Cry 2?

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By samcotts

I'm in the UK and both of these games come out tomorrow, and I'm totally lost which to get. I have a week off next week so I'm in need of one of them to keep me busy. I love both RPG and FPS genres, and both Fable 2 and Far Cry 2 look great, and I'm only leaning towards Fable 2 because it is getting slightly better reviews. Whichever I don't buy tomorrow will probably wait til' Xmas.

So for everyone who has both, which one should I get, or which is the better game (in your opinion of course)?

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By kush

They are both great games...and they're too different for me to choose one over the other. I do have a question that may help me give you some sort of answer...are you getting Fallout 3?

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Pibo47

Fable 2 i hear is alot better. FC2 has to many issues.

kush

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By kush
Pibo47 said:
"Fable 2 i hear is alot better. FC2 has to many issues."
Far Cry 2 does not have that many issues..
samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By samcotts

I will be getting Fallout 3 eventually, definitley not in the next month or two, unless I buy it instead of Fable 2 or Far Cry 2, but that would defeat the reason why I am buying a game tomorrow (to keep me occupied for the following week).

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

samcotts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By samcotts

Thanks Jayge. The majority of posts in there are of before either game was released though.

Still not sure...
Avatar image for deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5
deactivated-57b1d7d14d4a5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I've played Far Cry 2 for an hour or two before I had to go to lab. Got to say, it leaves a good first impression. Seems like the combat may be a little too easy. I'll get back to you.

Can't say anything about Fable II except to say that if it's anything like the first one, I'd definitely go for Far Cry 2.

grilledcheez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By grilledcheez

Fable 2 is a lot of fun thus far.  Far Cry 2 looked like a pretty good game too (that I will eventually get), but I would give the nod to Fable 2 simply because the RPG market isn't overflowing and there aren't many games like it around.

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Pibo47
Kush said:
"Pibo47 said:
"Fable 2 i hear is alot better. FC2 has to many issues."
Far Cry 2 does not have that many issues.."
By issues, i mean design issues. Like walk to point A, talk. Go do quest. Go back and talk again. It just doesnt work. Should be a lil more structure to the game IMO.