Facebook and my future Xbox games

RedJimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By RedJimi

I'm planning to get some of the older xbox games that are on sale. My holidays will be well spent, not with the newest games (well, maybe some halo4..) , but with those awesome and welldesingned games that can now be bought for a mere percentage of the full price. I also hope to trade with some friends. After all, christmas is about sharing also, isn't it?

It's not always possible to plan ahead to what bargains I will find. Frankly it's quite impossible. I won't to buff up my gaming experience to the max with games connected to facebook. Which games have such connection? Some games are currently connected to some facebook apps, but which ones and how to find them? Ubisoft has its tool for easing this, but I wonder if others have such central apps.

->fb, brb

RedJimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By RedJimi

I'm planning to get some of the older xbox games that are on sale. My holidays will be well spent, not with the newest games (well, maybe some halo4..) , but with those awesome and welldesingned games that can now be bought for a mere percentage of the full price. I also hope to trade with some friends. After all, christmas is about sharing also, isn't it?

It's not always possible to plan ahead to what bargains I will find. Frankly it's quite impossible. I won't to buff up my gaming experience to the max with games connected to facebook. Which games have such connection? Some games are currently connected to some facebook apps, but which ones and how to find them? Ubisoft has its tool for easing this, but I wonder if others have such central apps.

->fb, brb

AbeTheGreatest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By AbeTheGreatest

what the hell

laserbolts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By laserbolts

Farmville I guess? Reading this post just makes me want to get drunk.

crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By crusader8463

How does spamming your facebook feed with pointless notifications about what game you are playing equal getting the most out of your games?

Avatar image for mordeaniischaos
MordeaniisChaos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By MordeaniisChaos

Very few games have Facebook features, none have worthwhile facebook features.

Avatar image for deactivated-601df795ee52f
deactivated-601df795ee52f

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

Say what now?

ShaggE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By ShaggE

I feel like this is some kind of transparent marketing strategy.

"I, a fellow videogamesman, feel that my video games (like Halo 4™ for the Xbox 360™) would greatly benefit from synergy with social media platforms like Facebook™. I assume a similar opinion is held by my consu-err, peers?"

RedJimi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By RedJimi

My reasoning here is that if I'm going to get a bunch of Xbox games (I will) and if I'm an active facebook user (yes), then synergy wouldn't hurt. There isn't a lot of it and that little is barely any good, but I'm not an idealist here, I can play fb-games. Facebook's own games are ugly, begging money and attention and always in "beta" until they are cut down, but those games are not my concern here. I play Xbox games, and since I rotate facebook apps, I might as well let that guide my pickings.

I've heard that Mass Effect 3 had a "Mission Command" app, but it seems inactive and down from here. Ubisoft put out "Project Legacy" for AC:Brotherhood, and it was tasteful if not entirely useful. Ubisoft has it's own weird bonus currency for unlocking stuff (Uplay), as many of you already might know. As some of you implied, force-spamming applets need to DIE. Non-intrusive game applets need our support.

TyCobb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#10  Edited By TyCobb

@RedJimi said:

As some of you implied, force-spamming applets need to DIE. Non-intrusive game applets need our support.

Facebook needs to die and all integration to it. I don't use it nor want any of my devices/games to integrate with it. Really, the less integration into Social Networking the better.