• 75 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by evafrancessca (3 posts) -

Have you ever noticed that there is the fake gamer girls who just want to get something ?I try playing with girls but its so hard they are all fake.Me myself as a girl feel as if I'm the only one who understands that they are not nerds just because they put glasses on.I have been p*ssed of by them.Boys treat me as if I am one but girls just treat me like I'm not a real gamers please comment if it is relateable.My Xbox username is standoffcoyote I play games like halo call of duty minecraft and last of us

#2 Edited by davidwitten22 (1708 posts) -

Hey guys I'm a girl and I play games come play with me at <link deleted>

#3 Posted by evafrancessca (3 posts) -
#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

This dichotomy between real and fake gamers is what I hate. Almost enough to convince me to abandon the terms casual and hardcore entirely. Almost.

#5 Posted by BigJeffrey (5178 posts) -

Filthy Casual

#6 Edited by Chaser324 (6744 posts) -
#7 Posted by SexyToad (2722 posts) -

You have to understand a majority of woman don't play videogames. Not saying there aren't any girls who do, but there isn't much. So when guys see someone who play videogame who is a girl, they're generally nicer.

If I had my drink knocked over by a girl, I would be nicer than if the person was a guy. So just saying you're a girl online makes all the boys nicer to you, doesn't bother me seeing as I am a guy but I get where you're coming from.

#8 Posted by Tireyo (6451 posts) -

@video_game_king: You strike me as more of a "midcore" gamer.

Shit's going to hit the fan now that you told him that.

#9 Edited by Nekroskop (2786 posts) -

Man, don't you hate all those fake reader girls who think they can read real books? I'm a real reader guy and I read 'War and Peace'. Don't hit on me, you silly girls.

#10 Posted by 71Ranchero (2829 posts) -

Yes, its almost as bad as those girls that pretend to be "Moviers" when they only really watch casual movies. All they want is attention.

#11 Posted by supamon (1334 posts) -

But how do I know whether you're a gamer if you don't wear black framed glasses and wear t-shirts with game references on it? Where's the proof?

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@video_game_king: You strike me as more of a "midcore" gamer.

Does this look like something a midcore gamer would play?

#13 Posted by TheRealMoot (422 posts) -

My niece does the fake gamer girl thing. She doesn't own any video games, not a single one. She just poses and takes pictures of herself holding controllers and games. It's unsettling, weird and confusing. Creeps me the hell out when she uses my collection and collectible's for her pic's.

#14 Posted by Chaser324 (6744 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

"John Madden the TurDuckDog" appeals to a broad range of gamers.

#15 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@video_game_king said:

"John Madden the TurDuckDog" appeals to a broad range of gamers.

Name one.

#16 Posted by Freshbandito (689 posts) -
#17 Edited by Bistromath (639 posts) -

Remember when 50 cent tried to make the term 'wanksta' catch on?

#19 Posted by Disaya (290 posts) -

Seriously what is this?

#20 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

eww cooties

#22 Posted by ArtelinaRose (1857 posts) -

okay

#23 Posted by skooks (85 posts) -

I don't even know where to begin with this.

#24 Posted by believer258 (12192 posts) -

A fork.

(Guys, this was a spam thread)

#25 Posted by JasonR86 (9726 posts) -

Flagged for being dumb.

#26 Posted by bennym6 (424 posts) -

Fake nerds are rampant and their kings are Jimmy Fallon and Chris Hardwick.

#27 Posted by JasonR86 (9726 posts) -

@bennym6 said:

?

#28 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2404 posts) -

ALL HAIL YNNIV

#29 Posted by Kevin_Cogneto (1169 posts) -

Uh oh, I went back in time to a 1995 AOL chatroom again.

#30 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

A fork.

We know. Can't you let us have our fun?

Also, what are you doing in Vagrant Story?

#31 Posted by hollitz (1614 posts) -

Were you a fake gamer when you were first getting in to the hobby?

Grow the fuck up.

#32 Posted by OurSin_360 (947 posts) -

Well you can't be a gamer without glasses, especially ones without lenses. That makes you an extra gamer, even if you don't play video games at all.

#33 Posted by deathstriker666 (1337 posts) -

Ahhh Ahhh AHHH AHHHH GURL GAMERS RIGHT??? LOL

Stop the labels. Playing video games is a damn hobby not an identity. Doesn't matter if you're a girl or a guy stop calling yourself a media engineered label. Rant over.

Now who's up for some FOOTBALLS? Go Aggies!

#35 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2482 posts) -
@disaya said:

Seriously what is this?

Apparently they wrote a bot that creates a topic, replies to itself and mark the answer containing the spam link as the best one in order to avoid automatic deletion. Quite ingenious, actually.

#36 Edited by Royce_McCutcheon (222 posts) -

@bennym6 said:

God, I hate Jimmy Fallon.

#37 Posted by TheManWithNoPlan (5992 posts) -

What would anyone gain by pretending to be something they're not? You may get attention in the short term, but eventually you'll be found out. People should really just be themselves and find others who like them for it.

#38 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

I remember when my mom was hoping for me to be a girl. Sense I was the last child out of my 3 brothers she always wanted a daughter. I'm just glad that never came true, maybe in a alternate universe but not this one.

#39 Posted by Pezen (1668 posts) -

My Xbox username is standoffcoyote I play games like halo call of duty minecraft and last of us

Last Of Us isn't an Xbox game. You "gamer." Fraud alert! WiiU WiiU WiiU.

#40 Posted by believer258 (12192 posts) -

@believer258 said:

A fork.

We know. Can't you let us have our fun?

Also, what are you doing in Vagrant Story?

I don't get it. I was referring to Bioforge.

#41 Edited by Sooty (8082 posts) -

@sexytoad said:

If I had my drink knocked over by a girl, I would be nicer than if the person was a guy.

You shouldn't reward people for being stupid no matter the gender, I used to be more polite and courteous towards women, but now not so much. Equality, and it doesn't look like I'm trying too hard to get laid. Plus my ex-girlfriend opened my eyes up to seeing past the mask some people put on and how long they decide to do it for.

I mean if it really was a harmless accident, gender totally shouldn't come into it.

#42 Posted by Christoffer (1921 posts) -

What, kids pretending to be something they're not in hopes of being more socially accepted? I've never heard of such foolery... since I last talked to a kid.

#43 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@believer258:

I wasn't even referring to the fork part (which I really didn't get). I just want to know how you ended up in Lea Monde.

#44 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

"My Xbox username is standoffcoyote and I play games like...last of us."

Seems legit.

#45 Edited by Vuud (2035 posts) -

So you're kinda dumb. You don't wanna be dumb, who likes dumb people? You wanna be smart! But you got D's in high school. How do you pretend to be smart? Pretend to be a nerd. Nerds like videogames and wear those thick glasses. (BTW my theory has always been that Gordon Freeman is solely responsible for those thick black frames being a thing.) Did you ever see star wars? Can you repeat at least one line from those movies? Great! You're in!

For a little seriousness, video games are becoming [are] mainstream and you're just going to have to get used to the idea.

#46 Posted by katimanic (149 posts) -

It didn't take people that long to start being hipsterish about video games.

"I played video games before everyone thought they were cool, they are just poseurs"

#47 Posted by Sanity (1950 posts) -

I hate these topics, i'v always felt being a "gamer" (hate the term) is a binary thing, you either play games and that makes you a gamer or you dont and your not. There is no in between.

#48 Posted by bennym6 (424 posts) -

@jasonr86: Chris Hardwick is probably the most famous fake nerd out there right now.

#49 Posted by JasonR86 (9726 posts) -

@bennym6:

'Fake nerd' is as dumb to me as 'fake gamer'.

#50 Edited by bennym6 (424 posts) -

@jasonr86: It's real. Being a nerd or video gamesman/gameswoman is considered cool. People trying to be someone else instead of being themselves is dumb. That's the point I'm making.