Turducken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

#101  Edited By Turducken
Blu_Magic said:
Oh and Gears of War was a TPS. So technically you can say it was the first of its kind.
Not really.  Those existed even before FPS's did.  Tomb Raider was an early TPS.  TPS games existed long before Gears came to categorize the genre.  So don't give me that bull.  "First of it's kind."  Yeah, right.  As much as GTA IV was the first of its kind....

And why should I take anything the developer says at face value.  I am critical of anything ANY developer says.  So I am fair to every game developed.  I just remember that Gears had many issues that made it not fun to me, so why would I want to play Gears 2 without a demo or rental to make SURE that the same issues don't exist...

Karmum said:
 It could have the same or more amount of gameplay, its called multiplayer buddy,

Multiplayer in Gears sucked.  So unless they changed it a ton, why would I want to play it.  Halo 2 had better multiplayer than Gears, and Halo 2 was incredibly unbalanced and full of cheaters....

God, how close minded are you? Quality > Quantity, and I believe Gears 2 will be better than both Fable 2 and Fallout 3.
In the end, it comes down to what you believe.  Clearly, you are a Gears fanboy, and think that game was "tot4lly w1ck3d aw3som3!!11!!"  despite its myriad flaws.  Gears did not have much in the way of quality.  And I know for a fact that Fable 2 and Fallout 3 have predecessors that were fun to play and many people enjoyed.  Fable is still the third most played original XBOX game.  Gears has been bouncing around between 4th and 7th place in the top XBOX 360 games played each week.  That means about the same amount of people play Fable as play Gears.....  and Gears is newer, better (supposedly), and a shooter, which more people play....  clearly Fable was an awesome game on the XBOX and Fable 2 should do just as well....
Avatar image for deactivated-5b3f096aee80a
deactivated-5b3f096aee80a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Turducken said:
"Blu_Magic said:
Oh and Gears of War was a TPS. So technically you can say it was the first of its kind.
Not really.  Those existed even before FPS's did.  Tomb Raider was an early TPS.  TPS games existed long before Gears came to categorize the genre.  So don't give me that bull.  "First of it's kind."  Yeah, right.  As much as GTA IV was the first of its kind....

And why should I take anything the developer says at face value.  I am critical of anything ANY developer says.  So I am fair to every game developed.  I just remember that Gears had many issues that made it not fun to me, so why would I want to play Gears 2 without a demo or rental to make SURE that the same issues don't exist..."
Actually I wouldn't call it a TPS... Well, maybe, but a different type of TPS. It's more of an over the shoulder view, such as GRAW and whatnot, then a TPS view such as TR.
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By Blu_Magic
Turducken said:
"Blu_Magic said:

And why should I take anything the developer says at face value.  I am critical of anything ANY developer says.  So I am fair to every game developed.  I just remember that Gears had many issues that made it not fun to me, so why would I want to play Gears 2 without a demo or rental to make SURE that the same issues don't exist..."
Ah so Tomb raider was a TPS that incorporated the cover mechanic and had an online multiplayer component?  That's what I meant when I said "first of it's kind" because I don't recall any TPS that had both.(before gears)

Oh and say what ever you want about devs. I'll trust what the dev of a game says over some disgruntled forum poster.(as I've stated before.)
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#104  Edited By Blu_Magic
Turducken said:
In the end, it comes down to what you believe.  Clearly, you are a Gears fanboy, and think that game was "tot4lly w1ck3d aw3som3!!11!!"  despite its myriad flaws.  Gears did not have much in the way of quality.  And I know for a fact that Fable 2 and Fallout 3 have predecessors that were fun to play and many people enjoyed.  Fable is still the third most played original XBOX game.  Gears has been bouncing around between 4th and 7th place in the top XBOX 360 games played each week.  That means about the same amount of people play Fable as play Gears.....  and Gears is newer, better (supposedly), and a shooter, which more people play....  clearly Fable was an awesome game on the XBOX and Fable 2 should do just as well....
"
So anyone who likes gears is automatically labeled a fanboy? All he said was that he'd prefer Gears because of it's multiplayer.

Oh and the bolded part made me laugh. Gears wasn't a perfect game and it had its flaws but that doesn't mean it was a terrible game.
Zorn20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#105  Edited By Zorn20
Fable 2 loved the first definately gonna get the second  even though Yathzee opened my eyes a bit.
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By crunchUK
Sentry said:
"LOL, where did I say you should never? I said IMO it's kind of weird to buy Gears over the other two, since the Fable 2 and Fallout 3 have a lot more mileage IMO. Again, that's just my opinion, which was why I was asking him why he would want Gears over the other two. It's not about quality or quantity, since all three of these games have plenty from both sides, but again IMO Gears 2 won't last me as long as Fable 2. That's just me though, im not saying you are wrong for thinking the opposite, I was asking WHY you thought the opposite.

Funny how people react so defensively lmao. I'm going to be playing all three for months and months to come anyways, so I couldn't care less about bashing on or the other, that doesn't matter to me.

PS- nice gif LMAO!"
i've clocked 100 or so hours on gears 1. you fail
Picard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#107  Edited By Picard

Fallout 3

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Blu_Magic
Sentry said:
"Shadow2K6 said:
"I rather play a great short campaign then a mediocre drawn out long campaign.
So Fallout 3 and Fable 2 have mediocre campaigns? Lol... again I know what you mean, and im not saying your opinion is wrong. But I truly think some people are forgetting the epic scale of Fable and Fallout. Anyone remember Oblivion? People still play that game to this day. Fallout 3 is going to be even better then Oblivion, supposedly, which is why I am wondering, personally, how someone buy Gears 2 over Fallout 3 IF they could only get one of the two, ever. That's just my opinion, and again they are all going to be amazing games, so don't think that I am saying otherwise."
People still play Gears of War to this day.
Avatar image for chaingangsoldier
ChainGangSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

Gears 2

gameshark5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#111  Edited By gameshark5

i vote for all 3

stAtic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#112  Edited By stAtic

I'm not looking forward to any of them but if I must choose.. Fable 2. If it's coming to PC that is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Shadow2K6 said:
So Fallout 3 and Fable 2 have mediocre campaigns? Lol... again I know what you mean, and im not saying your opinion is wrong. But I truly think some people are forgetting the epic scale of Fable and Fallout. Anyone remember Oblivion? People still play that game to this day. Fallout 3 is going to be even better then Oblivion, supposedly, which is why I am wondering, personally, how someone buy Gears 2 over Fallout 3 IF they could only get one of the two, ever. That's just my opinion, and again they are all going to be amazing games, so don't think that I am saying otherwise."
People still play Gears of War to this day."
I never said they don't (ie Oblivion is far older), but there have been more hours clocked into Oblivion then Gears, and to say both offer the same amount of replayability is laughable to me.
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By Blu_Magic
Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Shadow2K6 said:
I never said they don't (ie Oblivion is far older), but there have been more hours clocked into Oblivion then Gears, and to say both offer the same amount of replayability is laughable to me."
Why is it laughable? Gears of War is still one of the top games being played on xbox live. Plus the amount of replaybility a game has depends on the person.

Oh and who are you to say more hours have been clocked in to Oblivion than Gears?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Shadow2K6 said:
I never said they don't (ie Oblivion is far older), but there have been more hours clocked into Oblivion then Gears, and to say both offer the same amount of replayability is laughable to me."
Why is it laughable? Gears of War is still one of the top games being played on xbox live. Plus the amount of replaybility a game has depends on the person.

Oh and who are you to say more hours have been clocked in to Oblivion than Gears?
"
Wow, you seem delusional and think I am saying Gears has NO replay value and it SUCKS and no one still plays it. I'm not saying that, at all.

What I am saying is Oblivion has more replayability then Gears, im not saying everyone has played Oblivion more then Gears, im saying in general, the fact is that Oblivion just has more replayability then Gears, thats not debatable thats just fact. Again, that doesn't mean someone who has played Gears more then Oblivion is WRONG or anything.

Stop twisting what I am saying, I understand you are a huge Gears fan, but it doesn't give you the right to see something and look at it as bashful when really it isn't.
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By Blu_Magic
Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Shadow2K6 said:

"
Wow, you seem delusional and think I am saying Gears has NO replay value and it SUCKS and no one still plays it. I'm not saying that, at all.

What I am saying is Oblivion has more replayability then Gears, im not saying everyone has played Oblivion more then Gears, im saying in general, the fact is that Oblivion just has more replayability then Gears, thats not debatable thats just fact. Again, that doesn't mean someone who has played Gears more then Oblivion is WRONG or anything.

Stop twisting what I am saying, I understand you are a huge Gears fan, but it doesn't give you the right to see something and look at it as bashful when really it isn't."
Stop assuming that I think you're bashing. I know you're not. I just think what you're saying doesn't make sense and I'd like some clarification on somethings you've mentioned. First of all, how do you know that more hours have been clocked in to Oblivion than Gears in general? Do you have access to some statistic that says so?

Oh and don't accuse me of "twisting" what you've said because I've done no such thing. You said it was laughable and I asked why. How is that twisting what you've said? -_-
crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By crunchUK

meh don't bother with him he's like the biggest sony fanboy on here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Shadow2K6 said:

"

Stop twisting what I am saying, I understand you are a huge Gears fan, but it doesn't give you the right to see something and look at it as bashful when really it isn't."
Stop assuming that I think you're bashing. I know you're not. I just think what you're saying doesn't make sense and I'd like some clarification on somethings you've mentioned. First of all, how do you know that more hours have been clocked in to Oblivion than Gears in general? Do you have access to some statistic that says so?

Oh and don't accuse me of "twisting" what you've said because I've done no such thing. You said it was laughable and I asked why. How is that twisting what you've said? -_-
"
You just did! XD Are you SERIOUSLY debating with me that Gears has more replyability then Oblivion? I know you are a fan of the game, but there is a point where fan becomes fanboy. Understand that I know many people have played the game, for countless hours, but its fact that one has more replayability then the other, that said, im not saying that applies to every human on earth. How can Oblivion NOT have clocked more hours then Gears? It's illogical. Look at the sales of both, look at when they came out, its just funny that you are arguing that Gears has more replay value, generally speaking, then Oblivion.

Come on, don't be so stubborn.
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By Blu_Magic
Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Shadow2K6 said:

"

"
You just did! XD Are you SERIOUSLY debating with me that Gears has more replyability then Oblivion? I know you are a fan of the game, but there is a point where fan becomes fanboy. Understand that I know many people have played the game, for countless hours, but its fact that one has more replayability then the other, that said, im not saying that applies to every human on earth. How can Oblivion NOT have clocked more hours then Gears? It's illogical. Look at the sales of both, look at when they came out, its just funny that you are arguing that Gears has more replay value, generally speaking, then Oblivion.

Come on, don't be so stubborn."
I'm not arguing that gears has more replay value. Where the hell did I say that? Now you're just twisting what I'm saying. All I did in the last two posts was ask you questions based on what you've stated. You haven't given me a clear answer either.

Now for the bolded part. So basically you've got no real proof that more hours have been clocked in to Oblivion and what you've said is just speculation.  What's illogical is that  you're arguing something with no real proof to back it up.

Oh and don't accuse me of being a fanboy when I've done nothing but ask you questions. I didn't bash you. I didn't say Oblvion sucked. I didn't say Gears of war was the best game ever. All I did was ask questions.

crunchUK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By crunchUK
Sentry said:

multiplayer.

/youfail
Subway

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Subway
Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Shadow2K6 said:

"

"

Lets see here, I have a person on my friends list that has played Gears just about everyday for a couple of hours since it's been released because of the multiplayer, I don't know of anyone doing that with Oblivion.
DarkTies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#122  Edited By DarkTies

im gonna have to go with fallout 3 because i dont have a xbox to play the other ones :'(

Pibo47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#123  Edited By Pibo47

I WANTZ TEH GEARS OF WAR 2!!!!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, wow this forum is so ridiculous, I can state the exact same thing on any other forum, like NeoGAF for example, and there wouldn't be Gears fans saying what you guys are.

Gears has more replayability then Oblivion? Are you kidding me? Gears is an awesome game, but that doesn't mean you have to deny that it has less replayability then other games, come on. Just shows the community on this forum is made up of a lot of stubborn people who can't take a fact.

- out

NotaStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#125  Edited By NotaStalker

gears 2.
 the rest is ass

neoepoch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By neoepoch

I'm going to get all three, but Fallout 3 looks immediately more entertaining to me. Then it would be Gears and then then it would be Fable. For some reason I'm really cautious about Fable. I really liked the first Fable, but since E3 I've just had some nagging doubts.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By Blu_Magic
Sentry said:
" LOL, wow this forum is so ridiculous, I can state the exact same thing on any other forum, like NeoGAF for example, and there wouldn't be Gears fans saying what you guys are.

Gears has more replayability then Oblivion? Are you kidding me? Gears is an awesome game, but that doesn't mean you have to deny that it has less replayability then other games, come on. Just shows the community on this forum is made up of a lot of stubborn people who can't take a fact.

- out"
Again, where the hell did I say it has more replayibility? Oh and atleast we're not spouting out ridiculous claims and calling anyone who doesn't agree a fanboy. (which is what you were doing)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
" LOL, wow this forum is so ridiculous, I can state the exact same thing on any other forum, like NeoGAF for example, and there wouldn't be Gears fans saying what you guys are.

- out"
Again, where the hell did I say it has more replayibility? Oh and atleast we're not spouting out ridiculous claims and calling anyone who doesn't agree a fanboy. (such as yourself)"
That's the thing, you are, you ask questions, saying 'how'? Yet you claim your are not questioning the fact. If you know this as fact why were you debating it with me? And no, I didn't call anyone a fanboy- in the beginning, but as the conversation went on your resistance towards the fact, or anything 'against' Gears grew, and it showed, which makes me assume you are a fanboy of Gears.  :\
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#129  Edited By Blu_Magic
Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:

- out"
Again, where the hell did I say it has more replayibility? Oh and atleast we're not spouting out ridiculous claims and calling anyone who doesn't agree a fanboy. (such as yourself)"
That's the thing, you are, you ask questions, saying 'how'? Yet you claim your are not questioning the fact. If you know this as fact why were you debating it with me? And no, I didn't call anyone a fanboy- in the beginning, but as the conversation went on your resistance towards the fact, or anything 'against' Gears grew, and it showed, which makes me assume you are a fanboy of Gears.  :\"
So it's fact that more hours have been clocked in to Oblivion than Gears? (this was the claim I was referring to) You've yet to prove this "fact."

I was never arguing replayibility with you but you keep bringing it back up.  The thing is though, once you've done all that there is to do in Oblivion you've got nothing else. Sure you could have spent 100+ hours on them but Gears of War still has more replaybility because of the multiplayer. You can spend an hour on it or hundreds of hours on it. There is no real measurement of replaybility on Gears as there is on Oblivion.  It's not as if after playing a certain amount of matches you're done. That's the beauty of it and that's why some users are angered by the fact that you're saying Oblivion has more replaybility.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You are contradicting yourself here. XD

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Blu_Magic
Sentry said:
"You are contradicting yourself here. XD"
How? The part where I said I wasn't arguing replaybility but tried to explain why other users were hostile towards your claim? Yeah that's not contradicting.
AlexB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#132  Edited By AlexB
Turducken said:
"AlexB said:
The lag is dependent on the host's connection. It would be your fault for joining under a 3bar connection. It was the first game of its kind so obviously it will have glitches. As for being unbalanced, that is an excuse noobs use when they suck at using the shotgun. The next game promises to correct those indefinitely. 'not going into darkness'  was a gaming mechanic used for 1-2 levels. All the rest of the levels you can. If you want to explore a world in a game go play oblivion. "
Except for the fact that even games with a three bar connection had tons of lag.  And don't excuse the glitches by saying it was the first game of it's kind.  It wasn't.  Sure it made some innovations with the cover system, but there were FPS's before it, and *gasp* some of them had cover systems too.  And "excuse noobs use when they suck at shotgun"?  What?  How does one suck at using a shotgun.  I could use the shotgun just fine.  The problem arose when two, maybe three of the weapons were the only useful ones. 

As for exploring a world.  That isn't what I was referring to exactly.  I was referring to the fact that other FPS games will have multiple pathways, or even something in the way so you can't explore, be it a building, mountain, wreckage, what have you.  It isn't just some amorphous darkness that you can't walk through for some reason.

And finally the bolded part.  Just because it promises to correct the bugs, doesn't mean it will.  Developers have a habit of over promising what they can do, and then running out of time trying to do it.  The bugs were everywhere, and they shouldn't have been.  This wasn't the first FPS ever, it wasn't even the first FPS with cover, or the first one on a console.... they should have avoided the majority of the glitches.

I'm not saying the gaming mechanics were the first of its kind, i am saying it was the first major XBL gaming hit. Before Halo, Before COD4, before everything. they didn't have anything to look at and they were on a deadline. The game would have been delayed many months if a party system was to be implemented.

The game was on a STRICT time frame. They did not have enough time to polish the game and work out the kinks. If Gears 2 has as many bugs then you can bitch, because they have all the time in the world for this game. But Gears was a hastily made game and IMO it works well for being the first to do many unique things.

I don't understand how you can say it was unbalanced. Everyone has as just as much chance as killing another player as you. Maybe if opposite sides of the map had different weapons, then it would be unbalanced, but the game worked fine and I have no clue wtf you’re babbling about. Sure not all guns are useful, but that's the same way for Halo or COD, some guns are more useful, and used more often. The only gun that isn't useful is the Bulltog pistol and that's only in a couple of maps anyway. I use all of the other guns and they all work fine.

Bolded: Gears of War is a 3rd Person shooter smart one. As stated before they were on a strict time frame they only had a year and a half to make this. Gears 2 is running on a whole new engine this time around so there is a very limited chance of repeated glitches. They are optimizing the shit out of the engine so host will feel like nothing. Granted there still will be glitches, AS EVERY GAME HAS, Gears just has some more noticeable ones which really isn't the games fault. I agree they shouldn't have been in the game, but you can't expect them to take them out in that amount of time.

The only reason why there are so many glitches is because Gears is a game like no other. There are so many different and unique animations that happen with the character that sometimes you can manipulate the change in animation and crazy things happen. NO other game does this because there are not as many animation happening to the main character. Gears is one if not the most technically impressive game out right now. Gears 2 promises to refine all the mistakes in animation and if a glitch appears, which it inevitably will, you can be mature and look at it as no big deal, or you can sit and bitch at nothing.

LuffyUzumaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By LuffyUzumaki

GEARS OF WAR 2 FOR SURE

McDazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#134  Edited By McDazzle

Fable 2

coolof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By coolof

Fable and then Gears.
I don't care for Fallout because (I think) it looks awful :(

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
How? The part where I said I wasn't arguing replaybility but tried to explain why other users were hostile towards your claim? Yeah that's not contradicting."
Where did I say its FACT that people have clocked more hours in Olbivion then Gears? YOU admit, the fact, that Oblivion has far more replayability then Gears does. With this fact, and the fact that Oblivion came out before Gears, and that it has sold more then Gears, as well as it being on the huge community of PC gamers, 360 gamers, and PS3 gamers, one can easily make the assumtion that more hours have been clocked in Oblivion then Gears. The point I was making was that I, personally, found it funny that someone (if they could only pick one) would get Gears over Oblivion, since one offers more replayability then he other.

Understood now? Or is something still unclear with you.
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Blu_Magic
Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
How? The part where I said I wasn't arguing replaybility but tried to explain why other users were hostile towards your claim? Yeah that's not contradicting."
Where did I say its FACT that people have clocked more hours in Olbivion then Gears? YOU admit, the fact, that Oblivion has far more replayability then Gears does. With this fact, and the fact that Oblivion came out before Gears, and that it has sold more then Gears, as well as it being on the huge community of PC gamers, 360 gamers, and PS3 gamers, one can easily make the assumtion that more hours have been clocked in Oblivion then Gears. The point I was making was that I, personally, found it funny that someone (if they could only pick one) would get Gears over Oblivion, since one offers more replayability then he other.

Understood now? Or is something still unclear with you."
I never agreed with your claim. Read the edit I made. I addressed what you said before.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:

I never agreed with your claim. Read the edit I made. I addressed what you said before."

You never agreed that Oblivion has more replayability then Gears?? Yet when I stated the fact you never argued it or said otherwise.

Blu_Magic
said:
"Again, where the hell did I say it has more replayibility?
Blu_Magic said:
"I'm not arguing that gears has more replay value. Where the hell did I say that?"
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#139  Edited By Blu_Magic
Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:
"Blu_Magic said:
"Sentry said:

I never agreed with your claim. Read the edit I made. I addressed what you said before."

You never agreed that Oblivion has more replayability then Gears?? Yet when I stated the fact you never argued it or said otherwise.

Blu_Magic
said:
"Again, where the hell did I say it has more replayibility?
Blu_Magic said:
"I'm not arguing that gears has more replay value. Where the hell did I say that?"
"
I didn't argue it because I was too busy questioning your other claim (that more hours have been clocked in to Oblivion). Plus those two posts don't prove anything. Where in those posts does it say that I agree with you?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

LOL, oh jesus. The excuses. I'm out bro this is ridiculous.

Yoshi_trips

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#141  Edited By Yoshi_trips
Sentry said:
"LOL, oh jesus. The excuses. I'm out bro this is ridiculous."

I love how this COW is in every thread about the 360 and arguing pointlessly. why dont you stick to the shitty ps3 forums, huh kid? he's the biggest Blind Fanboy in these forums.

Some one ban him please
Why_So_Serious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#142  Edited By Why_So_Serious

Choice D) All 3 Equally

SlayingShogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By SlayingShogun

I'll be getting all of them but I'm most looking forward to Fable 2 I've been waiting forever for it.

Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#144  Edited By Blu_Magic
Sentry said:
"LOL, oh jesus. The excuses. I'm out bro this is ridiculous."
Excuses? Please gtfo. Here, let me show you the part of my post that you've ignored:

"The thing is though, once you've done all that there is to do in Oblivion you've got nothing else. Sure you could have spent 100+ hours on them but Gears of War still has more replaybility because of the multiplayer. You can spend an hour on it or hundreds of hours on it. There is no real measurement of replaybility on Gears as there is on Oblivion.  It's not as if you're done after playing a certain amount of matches online. That's the beauty of it and that's why some users are angered by the fact that you're saying Oblivion has more replaybility."

That's what I edited into a previous post of mine. (I edited it a minute after I originally posted it)
Agent_Cool5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#145  Edited By Agent_Cool5

All of the above.

calf_exercises

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#146  Edited By calf_exercises

Fall out 3, if its anything like oblivion I will be more than happy

Turducken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#147  Edited By Turducken
Blu_Magic said:
Ah so Tomb raider was a TPS that incorporated the cover mechanic and had an online multiplayer component?  That's what I meant when I said "first of it's kind" because I don't recall any TPS that had both.(before gears)

No.  But there were TPS games before, as well as games that had cover mechanics (Rainbow Six, for one) and games with online multiplayer (Halo 2, for instance).  All Gears did was put them together.  Not a whole lot of (or any, really) innovation going on there.
Blu_Magic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Blu_Magic
Turducken said:
"Blu_Magic said:

No.  But there were TPS games before, as well as games that had cover mechanics (Rainbow Six, for one) and games with online multiplayer (Halo 2, for instance).  All Gears did was put them together.  Not a whole lot of (or any, really) innovation going on there."
I never said it was innovative. I just said it was the first of its kind.
1oneWON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#149  Edited By 1oneWON

I'm going to say Fable 2 despite my big interest in Fallout 3, only because I'm just tired of playing shooters. There are way too many of them, kind of like the saturation of Japanese RPG's on the PS2 post-FFVII. I need a good western RPG since Mass Effect.

Diabolo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#150  Edited By Diabolo

Fallout 3.

Loved Gears of War though, but I don't have a X360 anymore.