Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Garfield360UK

Hey all

I was just wandering, on Fallout 3 is it possible to rebuy items you have sold? The issue I am facing is I have 1 cap and need health packs to continue on with the quest but I got hammered badly by super mutants so need to get some stimpacks before going back to face whatever remains.

This led me to think of selling some guns and ammo (such as the mini nuke) but can I buy it back if I sell it on or is it gone for good?

Cheers

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By The_A_Drain

I don't tink it is, I think they dissapear from the shop menu either when you exit the shop itself, or after a small amount of time. At least, I never noticed much of the stuff I sold and wanted to get back, like ammo etc, yet some of the junk I sold remained.

So yeah, not 100% sure basicly.

However, this is a lesson you should learn very early on in your Fallout playing career, never sell stimpaks. Sell ammo first if you really need cash, ammo for weapons you hardly ever use, heck, sell the weapons too especially if you don't have the repair skill. But never sell stimpaks.

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Garfield360UK

Good point, I can pick up the wepons again from fallen enemies I suppose so rather than than loose a unique wepon or whatever.

The_A_Drain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By The_A_Drain

Yeah, basic strategy I use for looting in almost everygame is the one I picked up playing the original fallout.

Sell junk you'll never use, even if you think you 'might' use it, ditch it. Sell duplicate weapons, unless you have the repair skill, even then if you have loads of them repair up a nice duplicate and ditch that, this happens a lot with common weapons like pistols or hunting rifles (and late game, energy weapons)

When looting, pick up the most valuable items first, regardless of weight, then as you start to become encumbered choose what you pick up more carefully and only ditch something if you can replace it with something more valuable. And don't waste things, so if you have the repair skill start repairing things while your out looting, saves space and increases the items worth. Just learn what items sell for and you'll work out what to pick up and what to leave behind.

I never wanted for a single cap when playing any fallout game, or similar games like Stalker etc. Apart from when you're first starting out that is.

Edit: In fact, in Fallout 3 I had so much junk returning from each haul that the shopkeep ran out of cash everytime and I had to store hundreds of items in my house.

wealllikepie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By wealllikepie

well my suggestion isn't what youre asking, but you can get well-rested somewhere (sleep) and just do some easy quests to get some caps, oh and the #1 rule I learned in Fallout 3 about cash is: LOOT EVERYTHING!!! I have 6000 caps now thanks to that strategy ;)

Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Garfield360UK
@The_A_Drain said:
" Yeah, basic strategy I use for looting in almost everygame is the one I picked up playing the original fallout.Sell junk you'll never use, even if you think you 'might' use it, ditch it. Sell duplicate weapons, unless you have the repair skill, even then if you have loads of them repair up a nice duplicate and ditch that, this happens a lot with common weapons like pistols or hunting rifles (and late game, energy weapons)When looting, pick up the most valuable items first, regardless of weight, then as you start to become encumbered choose what you pick up more carefully and only ditch something if you can replace it with something more valuable. And don't waste things, so if you have the repair skill start repairing things while your out looting, saves space and increases the items worth. Just learn what items sell for and you'll work out what to pick up and what to leave behind.I never wanted for a single cap when playing any fallout game, or similar games like Stalker etc. Apart from when you're first starting out that is.Edit: In fact, in Fallout 3 I had so much junk returning from each haul that the shopkeep ran out of cash everytime and I had to store hundreds of items in my house. "
Thanks, that is actually a good plan.

I just got broken steel (or the third DLC if its not called that) and with no spoilers, does the DLC kick in regardless of what happens or will I need to look at a guide before attempting the "end" of game? (i.e. if there are multiple choices and only one will allow me to continue).
RedSox8933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#7  Edited By RedSox8933
@Garfield360UK said:
"
@The_A_Drain said:
" Yeah, basic strategy I use for looting in almost everygame is the one I picked up playing the original fallout.Sell junk you'll never use, even if you think you 'might' use it, ditch it. Sell duplicate weapons, unless you have the repair skill, even then if you have loads of them repair up a nice duplicate and ditch that, this happens a lot with common weapons like pistols or hunting rifles (and late game, energy weapons)When looting, pick up the most valuable items first, regardless of weight, then as you start to become encumbered choose what you pick up more carefully and only ditch something if you can replace it with something more valuable. And don't waste things, so if you have the repair skill start repairing things while your out looting, saves space and increases the items worth. Just learn what items sell for and you'll work out what to pick up and what to leave behind.I never wanted for a single cap when playing any fallout game, or similar games like Stalker etc. Apart from when you're first starting out that is.Edit: In fact, in Fallout 3 I had so much junk returning from each haul that the shopkeep ran out of cash everytime and I had to store hundreds of items in my house. "
Thanks, that is actually a good plan.I just got broken steel (or the third DLC if its not called that) and with no spoilers, does the DLC kick in regardless of what happens or will I need to look at a guide before attempting the "end" of game? (i.e. if there are multiple choices and only one will allow me to continue). "
All of the endings will allow you continue.
Garfield360UK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Garfield360UK

Thank you, I may have a bash at the final story quest tommorow then, just got to before that so all is good. I am really getting into this game, which is cool although I got it in November last year and have only really played a lot of it this last couple of weeks.

FiestaUnicorn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#9  Edited By FiestaUnicorn

you should be able to find enough stimpaks and caps to ever have to sell anything at all.  All I ever sell is pre war money to the lady in megaton and fingers to the regulators.  Also after you do Reilly's Rangers quest you can get money from her for finding locations in the wastelands.  Money isn't an issue for very long at all.

natetodamax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By natetodamax

They take a short time to disappear, so they don't stay there forever.