• 117 results
#1 Posted by mikey87144 (1730 posts) -

I'd much prefer Elder Scrolls 5 over Fallout 4. What about you guys?

#2 Posted by arab_prince (2053 posts) -

Should have been a poll. Elder Scrolls V no question

#3 Posted by Ventilaator (1501 posts) -

We've had a bunch of Fallout now (3, New Vegas + DLC packs), so I'd take an Elder Scrolls for the sake of variety

#4 Posted by OllyOxenFree (4970 posts) -

Elder Scrolls V on a new engine yes please.

#5 Posted by JammyJesus (770 posts) -

New Engine? Elder Scrolls 5. Id take lots of DLC for Vegas though. 

#6 Posted by valrog (3671 posts) -

Made by Bethesda? I'd rather freeze to death.

#7 Posted by DXmagma (317 posts) -

fallout. elder scrolls is just boring and blocky.

#8 Posted by Gargantuan (1882 posts) -

Fallout 4 should be easier if they take assets from Rage.

#9 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5816 posts) -

Fallout 4 as an isometric RPG would be kinda cool imo.

#10 Posted by Dtat (1623 posts) -

New engine Elder Scrolls 5.
#11 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -

Put me down for Elder Scrolls.

#12 Posted by excido (199 posts) -

I would have rather that fall out 3 was isometric rather than FPS. I'd take Elder Scrolls without question, this reminds me that I never finished Morrowind =\

#13 Posted by Blind_Evil (306 posts) -

I want ES V with an adapted version of the VATS system.  Oblivion's combat was just unbearable, as was the weirdness of character progress and enemy strength.   

I just dig fantasy more than sci-fi.

#14 Posted by MysteriousBob (6272 posts) -

An awesome post -apocalyptic game world VS a bland uninspired Lord of the Rings knock off?
Must be a joke thread.

#15 Posted by Badhands (399 posts) -

I would prefer Elder Scrolls V BUT I don't care what they make as long as they get a new game engine hah.

#16 Posted by Tebbit (4461 posts) -

Elder Scrolls V might encourage them to use a new game engine, because there's no way Bethesda will use the gamebryo engine for a marque release like that. 

Although I guess Fallout 4 would do the same thing. The only reason they got away with it for F:NV was that it wasn't called Fallout 4.

#17 Edited by Jazz2 (151 posts) -
@Badhands:  Totally. If we could just get a Bethesda open world rpg with great animations, no bugs and a challanging combat system, that would be the greatest game ever!
#18 Posted by bartok (2469 posts) -

Elder Scrolls/Fallout mash-up. 

#19 Posted by jozzy (2042 posts) -
@MysteriousBob said:
" An awesome post -apocalyptic game world VS a bland uninspired Lord of the Rings knock off?Must be a joke thread. "
You must've only played Oblivion...  
#20 Edited by Zithe (1045 posts) -
@Jazz2 said:

" If we could just get a Bethesda open world rpg with great animations, no bugs and a challanging combat system, that would be the greatest game ever. "

Good luck. :P

Also, put me down for Elder Scrolls. I just hope it could improve a lot over Oblivion.
#21 Edited by coaxmetal (1607 posts) -
@jozzy said:

" @MysteriousBob said:

" An awesome post -apocalyptic game world VS a bland uninspired Lord of the Rings knock off?Must be a joke thread. "
You must've only played Oblivion...   "
yea, really, Morrowind's world and fiction were great, and very interesting. Would love to see more of that. Also, even Oblivion, bland as it was compared to it's predecessor, had a pretty good helping of TES lore, and that fiction is pretty interesting, and certainly not Lord of the Rings derivative.

And of course, I found the world of both the be more interesting than that of Fallout 3, so TES5 without question for me, unless they sell the rights of fallout to Bioware and have them make a Dragon-Age style game.
#22 Posted by jelekeloy (456 posts) -

Now, I absolutely understand that this doesn't matter at all to anyone, but I took a programming class over the summer, and one of the teachers went to game design school and had a friend who was hired a Bethesda to work on TES5.  Just saying.

#23 Posted by BeachThunder (11849 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:
" Fallout 4 as an isometric RPG would be kinda cool imo. "
This =D
#24 Posted by Jamer91 (132 posts) -

Oblivion without a doubt, I thought that game was incredible

#25 Posted by Mystyr_E (1190 posts) -

even though everyone and their dog wants ESV, I kind of want a Fallout 4, I could never get anything out of Oblivion but I spent a shitload of time in FO3

#26 Posted by ZeForgotten (10397 posts) -

Well if it wasn't for the fact that New Vegas just came out I would have gone with a Fallout 4. 
But in this case I guess a new Elder Scrolls would be a better choice.. Also get another fucking engine please.

#27 Posted by Hershey07 (158 posts) -

It's been awhile since the last Elder Scrolls. I'm a bit sick of the post apocalyptic environment. 

#28 Posted by TheHT (11153 posts) -

Elder Scrolls hands down!

#29 Posted by FreakAche (2953 posts) -
@jozzy said:
" @MysteriousBob said:
You must've only played Oblivion...   "
What jozzy said. Me and my friends look at Oblivion as Elder Scrolls Lord of the Rings-ified both in terms of setting and tone. Hopefully Elder Scrolls V will get back into just how weird some of the corners of this universe actually are (ie expect vampiric snakes, monkey people, hallucinogen loving cat-people, etc.)
#30 Edited by JoelTGM (5596 posts) -

A few days ago I would have said a new Elder Scrolls... but Fallout is pretty awesome, so I'd like Fallout 4.  I've still spent more time with Elder Scrolls, but I really like the simplicity of Fallout where I am constantly finding guns and other junk, and just using them whenever I want.  In an Elder Scrolls game, you can't just loot a shotgun magic spell off a corpse and start blasting dudes, you kind of have to stick with the same weapons and spells for long periods of time.  I like how in Fallout I just throw whatever I can find at my enemies, like grabbing dynamite off a table and using it; your arsenal is always changing.

#31 Posted by Potter9156 (941 posts) -

TES V just to see what they do with the setting.

#32 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

Absolutely Fallout over the Elder Scrolls, but New Vegas just came out, so I'm good for a few more years.

#33 Posted by LibraryDues (342 posts) -

Elder Scrolls 

Just more variety than in Fallout 3, both in terms of environments and the kinds of stuff you are doing.  

#34 Posted by Aronman789 (2676 posts) -

I'm sick of Fallout, give me some Elder Scrolls, its been 4 years already goddamn it!

#35 Posted by ch3burashka (5041 posts) -

Doesn't matter which. As long as it's a new engine, I'll be happy. id said something about keeping the Rage engine to themselves, but Bethesda probably can get their hands on it.

#36 Posted by Butano (1731 posts) -

Since Bethesda/ZeniMax owns/partner/whatever id, they NEED to adopt the RAGE engine for their upcoming games. Gamebryo has had its run and needs to be put to rest now. 
Also, Elder Scrolls V definitely.

#37 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

I didn't like Oblivion and never played an Elder Scrolls game before it but I would actually prefer Elder Scrolls 5 with a new engine over yet another Fallout game.

#38 Posted by gabha (355 posts) -

I'd take ES5 over pretty much any unannounced sequel.

#39 Posted by beej (1674 posts) -
@Jazz2 my theory is that because what you purpose would infact be the best game ever bethesda knows they wouldn't be able to sell the next one. Think about it! Every bethesda game comes so close and then they fuck it up in such a way that I have to guess it's intentional.
#40 Posted by Jimbo (9800 posts) -

I think and hope it'll be Elder Scrolls.  Fallout 3 did sell insanely well, but Oblivion was no slouch either (and was of course selling to a far smaller install base).  I don't think it's necessarily a Sci-Fi vs. Fantasy thing, or even a Gun vs. Sword thing.  Dragon Age is Bioware's most successful game ever.  AC1 & 2 each sold ~8 million copies - not exactly gun heavy games.  

The only conclusion you can really draw is that putting out games that don't have a lot of competition is just a smart thing to do.  Which is why I think when you have two strong franchises like TES and Fallout, the smart thing to do is keep demand high for both by alternating them, rather than just running the more successful of the two into the ground.  It might be less profitable in the short term, but I bet it pays off in the long term because the franchises stay fresher.

#41 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

Gimme more fantasy setting games! Fuck the future!

#42 Posted by SuperfluousMoniker (2907 posts) -

I think we're about due for a new Elder Scrolls game. They better fix all the crap that was wrong with Oblivion though. No more auto scaling. And I wouldn't mind an overhaul to the leveling system, it's always been wonky (well I never played the first two Elder Scrolls games, but it was wonky in Morrowind and Oblivion).

#43 Posted by Everyones_A_Critic (6296 posts) -

Fallout 4 definitely. I have no interest in that medieval shit.

#44 Posted by RiotBananas (3600 posts) -

Fallout. 

Elder Scrolls is fucking boring. I've had enough fantasy games to last me a life time.

#45 Edited by ProfessorEss (7323 posts) -

I prefer Fallout but it's definitely time for more Elder Scrolls.

....and like others have said, hopefully using a new engine and leveling system.

#46 Posted by misterpope (379 posts) -

Elder Scrolls. With whatever engine id is using (since it's all bethesda) as the tech behind it. 

Ooh it give me shivers.

#47 Posted by crusader8463 (14419 posts) -

If the next one means that it wouldn't be full of characters so hideous they made you want to gouge your eyes out just to stop the pain of looking at them, fixed the robotic animation and disgusting number of bugs and added in a combat system that was actually fun to play, then I would go with a Fallout. I LOVE the idea of surviving in a big post apocalyptic world, but I despise the Fallout 3 games for all the reasons I mentioned above and more.

#48 Posted by Malakhii (1443 posts) -

ES 5, we've had alot of Fallout lately 

#49 Posted by TheSeductiveMoose (3617 posts) -
@FancySoapsMan said:
" Fallout 4 as an isometric RPG would be kinda cool imo. "
YES
#50 Posted by Mikemcn (6982 posts) -

Fallout 4 because medieval-fantasy RPGs are overdone.