Fantastic Interview with Satoru Iwata and Shigesato Itoi from '07

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

Edited By Emilio

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon this interview ( or Iwata Asks type of moment ) with Satoru Iwata, President of Nintendo (Former President of HAL Labs) and Shigesato Itoi (Of Mother/Earthbound fame). Just a few days ago I actually got around to reading all of it, and it really has some interesting information. 
In fact, pretty much all the Iwata Ask's articles have interesting information, and I highly recommend that every one read them even if you don't like the games, or hate Nintendo and what not. 

So yeah, this piece is from 2007. They get talking about the DS, Shigeru Miyamoto, game philosophy, development problems during Earthbound, and how Iwata used to spy on Miyamoto to find his "secret". 

Its also interesting when they get to the part of game sequels as "taking the easy way out". Which is funny because some of the bigger games next year are just sequels. (Forced Unleashed 2, Batman 2, Dead Space 2) 

"The Definition of Idea"

Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By Emilio

A couple of weeks ago I stumbled upon this interview ( or Iwata Asks type of moment ) with Satoru Iwata, President of Nintendo (Former President of HAL Labs) and Shigesato Itoi (Of Mother/Earthbound fame). Just a few days ago I actually got around to reading all of it, and it really has some interesting information. 
In fact, pretty much all the Iwata Ask's articles have interesting information, and I highly recommend that every one read them even if you don't like the games, or hate Nintendo and what not. 

So yeah, this piece is from 2007. They get talking about the DS, Shigeru Miyamoto, game philosophy, development problems during Earthbound, and how Iwata used to spy on Miyamoto to find his "secret". 

Its also interesting when they get to the part of game sequels as "taking the easy way out". Which is funny because some of the bigger games next year are just sequels. (Forced Unleashed 2, Batman 2, Dead Space 2) 

"The Definition of Idea"

Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Edin899

I didn't read the whole story but nintendo can't talk about sequals,when did nintendo release a game that didn't have mario or zelda infront of it? I know there not all sequals but come on! Don't be lazy nintendo
CoolDrMoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By CoolDrMoney
@Emilio said:
This happens every year
Willy105

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By Willy105
@Edin8999 said:
" I didn't read the whole story but nintendo can't talk about sequals,when did nintendo release a game that didn't have mario or zelda infront of it? I know there not all sequals but come on! Don't be lazy nintendo "
Nintendo actually is the last one to abuse sequels.  We get one Mario game per generation, and the first time they ever made a sequel to one in over 15 years, they are being called lazy. I say let them talk as much as they want a sequels, because maybe we may actually get some more.
Edin899

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Edin899

Yeah but there's a difference, if they released a new ip every year or every 2 years and kept that going that would be great, but they don't they just let their fans wait forever for a new mario or zelda, how is that exciting, know pretty much what game your getting every time.Yeah they do something nice every time but mario is still a platformer, zelda is still a action adventure game
Slippy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By Slippy
@Willy105 said:
" @Edin8999 said:
" I didn't read the whole story but nintendo can't talk about sequals,when did nintendo release a game that didn't have mario or zelda infront of it? I know there not all sequals but come on! Don't be lazy nintendo "
Nintendo actually is the last one to abuse sequels.  We get one Mario game per generation, and the first time they ever made a sequel to one in over 15 years, they are being called lazy. I say let them talk as much as they want a sequels, because maybe we may actually get some more. "

What? 

As of 2004 he had appeared in 77 games and that was the sixth console generation..
Emilio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Emilio
@Edin8999 said:
" Yeah but there's a difference, if they released a new ip every year or every 2 years and kept that going that would be great, but they don't they just let their fans wait forever for a new mario or zelda, how is that exciting, know pretty much what game your getting every time.Yeah they do something nice every time but mario is still a platformer, zelda is still a action adventure game "
Dude, your posts make no sense. 

First you say there's too much Mario and Zelda, then you say there isn't enough Mario and Zelda. 

And yeah, Mario is still a Platformer and Zelda is still Action Adventure... okay... 
TheFreeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By TheFreeMan

@Edin8999 said:

"when did nintendo release a game that didn't have mario or zelda infront of it? "

Also:

Box Art Front (NA)

NA Wii Box Art

Do you want to rephrase that, friend?