Far Cry 2 and Assassin's Creed alike?

Rapture

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Rapture

does anyone think these games are kind of similar in a general term.

LiquidPrince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By LiquidPrince

No...

Bear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By Bear

They both have really good environments, however, the lack of diversity in the missions is where both games fail.

Coltonio7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Coltonio7

No. Far Cry 2 is bad. Assasins Creed is sub-par. Difference.

Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Maru

Assassin's Creed had so much potential, it's such a shame, because it could have been great.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Captain_Fookup
Maru said:
"Assassin's Creed had so much potential, it's such a shame, because it could have been great."

This is what happens when Ubisoft makes original IPs.
End_Boss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By End_Boss

I thought Assassin's Creed was great. I really enjoyed that game, even just walking around... There was just so much shit to climb, and finding creative ways to lead guards on a chase throughout the city was good, good times.

Captain_Fookup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Captain_Fookup
End_Boss said:
"I thought Assassin's Creed was great. I really enjoyed that game, even just walking around... There was just so much shit to climb, and finding creative ways to lead guards on a chase throughout the city was good, good times."

I really enjoyed the aspect of the game and hopefully they improve on the other aspects of the game. Collecting stuff is for games like Banjo Kazooie and World of Warcrack, not a game where you are an assassin.
Maru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By Maru
End_Boss said:
"I thought Assassin's Creed was great. I really enjoyed that game, even just walking around... There was just so much shit to climb, and finding creative ways to lead guards on a chase throughout the city was good, good times."

I did enjoy the game too.  Just saying, this game could have been much better, doing the same missions at every city gets annoying. 
TEAMHOLT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By TEAMHOLT
Rapture said:
"does anyone think these games are kind of similar in a general term."
I've noticed this, too. You basically repeat variations of the same objective over and over again until the game is done. In AC, it was finding towers, synchronizing, performing some sidequests, then pulling off the assassination. That's most of what you did the entire game. Same thing with Prince of Persia; go to a node, make your way to the fertile ground, fighting the boss, then heal the fertile ground. In Far Cry 2, it's accepting a mission, driving to the objective, accomplishing it, then returning back to base.

I think the point is to give people a predictable and accessible experience, so even if youre busy you know you can play Prince of Persia or Assassin's Creed for a half hour to an hour and get some shit done. The downside is that a lot of people are turned off by the repetition. I think that complaint is totally valid, but I enjoy their games anyway.
shimbibby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By shimbibby

if by "general term" you mean that each game has a few game mechanics repeated throughout, then yes

Drebin_893

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Drebin_893

Not even remotely...

Unless you mean they're both games?

ParanoidFreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ParanoidFreak

They were both Ubisoft games, and that is about it.

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jayge_

You've realized that most Ubisoft Montreal games share a liking for repitition, amazing graphics, slightly ambiguous but usually enjoyable stories, and some strange gameplay choices. Welcome to the club :-). Some people like it, some people don't. Assassin's Creed is one of my favorite games. Far Cry 2 is not. It's hit or miss.