Avatar image for kingdomhearts93
KingdomHearts93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By KingdomHearts93
http://kotaku.com/5137579/far-cry-2-sells-well-but-is-prince-of-persia-really-a-slow-starter

Ubisoft released some sales figures today as part of their financial results reporting. Listed are the to-date numbers for Far Cry 2, Prince of Persia, Raving Rabbids TV Party & Shaun White Snowboarding.

Shaun White enjoyed a surprisingly strong debut, selling 2.3 million copies worldwide and becoming the second-highest-selling sports title in the US behind Madden.

Raving Rabbids TV party also did better than you or I would have predicted, moving 1.5 million units despite Ubisoft's best attempts at driving the once-lovable little white psychopaths into the ground.

Now for the interesting stuff. Far Cry 2 proved that, as many people believed, it's a slow-burner, selling 2.9 million copies worldwide since release. Ubisoft were happy with that (and Raving Rabbids), so happy that they reckon it "offset the impact of a slower take-off for Prince of Persia".

Slower take-off? It's sold 2.2 million copies since December, an impressive tally for a game that's only just been released and was caught in the wake of bigger holiday releases like Gears 2, Fallout 3 and Fable II. Just how many copies were Ubisoft expecting to sell?

KillerFly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 33

#2  Edited By KillerFly

Well I meant to post this, and then I went and posted it under my brother's account...

Jayge_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Jayge_

That's pretty cool. Hopefully Far Cry 3 will not be nearly as disappointing as FC2. A little off topic, but if anyone reading this gets GameInformer, read your latest issue and look for the interview with the Far Cry 2 dev. He's so apologetic and depressed about the fact that his design decisions were cut and that the game was rushed. It's sad and enlightening at the same time. Ubisoft ruined the game by rushing it :-(