#1  Edited By FireBurger
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#2  Edited By FireBurger

Just wondering what everyone's favorite map is from BFBC2, so far. It doesn't matter whether it's Rush or Conquest, just which one is your absolute favorite. Also, do you think any of these maps fall into the category of 1942 and Wake Island, or BF2 and Strike at Karkand in terms of popularity? I'm playing on 360, so I'm not sure what maps servers on PC are running frequently, or how popular any of them really are.

Personally, I like Atacama Desert the most. It's simple, open, and any class is useful and can do well on it. Also, it's conquest, which is my preferred game mode.

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#3  Edited By cap123

STRIKE AT KARKAND IS THE BEST MAP EVER MADE it's a bit harsh to judge any other map with it

i like port valdez and arica harbour, but i have only played a bit.

Venatio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Venatio

I'm gonna go with Arica for Rush, it's just so awesome,alot of good sniper positions, and Panama Canal for Conquest

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By FireBurger
@cap123: Haha, that is true. Karkand, Oman, Sharqi, and Songhua were all great maps in BF2. I don't think any other game has had so many good maps.
cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cap123
@FireBurger: 
some of my best multiplayer memories are from when matches ended up being a final last stand at the railway choke point at the top of the map :)
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FireBurger
@cap123: Haha, yeah, there were some crazy battles at that CP. People laying under trains and firing across the river while the other team tried to get across the bridge.
Codeacious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Codeacious
@cap123 said:
" STRIKE AT KARKAND IS THE BEST MAP EVER MADE it's a bit harsh to judge any other map with it "
OverLord00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By OverLord00

SQDM on WhitePass is really fun for me when my buddies are online.   Friends that communicate are SOOOO helpful in this game.

corgorav

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By corgorav

Atacama Desert, I like the openness and the atmosphere alot. White Pass would be close second. I never digged Karkand, my BF2 faves were Oman, Jalalabad and Mashtuur. Also, Harvest from BC1 friggin rocked.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FireBurger
@corgorav: Yeah, I completely forgot Mashtuur. So many good maps in that game.
jmrwacko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By jmrwacko

I really enjoy the new Rush version of Laguna Presa, as well as the conquest map. I'm also a big fan of Nelson Bay because it's the assault player's wet dream. My least favorite map is Atacama Desert, because everyone heli camps. Feels like old-school BF2 with the jets.

MaskedGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By MaskedGamer
@cap123 said:
" STRIKE AT KARKAND IS THE BEST MAP EVER MADE "  
I actually prefer road to jalahabad or however hats spelled. But my favorite BFBC2 map is Arica Habor 
ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#14  Edited By ShaneDev

White Pass is my favorite conquest map and Arica Habour is my favorite rush map and second favroite conquest map. 

If their making a map pack i would love to see Oasis or Harvest Day from BC1 in it.

FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FireBurger
@ShaneDev: Yeah, Oasis would be cool to have. That was definitely my favorite in BFBC. I think it would also be cool to see at least one BF2 map rereleased. I know they're much bigger maps, but maybe just taking a section of one of them would be fine (as long as it still played well). Maybe a part of Karkand would work, since it was close-quarters.
ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By ShaneDev
@FireBurger:   Karkand might cause problems for the engine seeing as the large amounts of buildings being knocked down, but am only guessing, would be awesome though. Also if possible i would love for Camp Gibraltar from 2142 to be put in but they probably wont remake any maps anyway.
BigBoss1911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#17  Edited By BigBoss1911

Africa harbor ftw

cap123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cap123
@ShaneDev:  yeah that was one of the best maps in a rather disappointing bunch. 

I wonder if it's the same map designers from BF2 still working for DICE?
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By FireBurger
@ShaneDev: Yeah, I've thought about that before. Frostbite makes it kind of hard to render a full sized city with tall buildings. The tallest buildings in BFBC 1 & 2 are 3-4 stories tall. A real "city" building would have to have every floor fully modeled, even if there were no stairs to them because a rocket could blow away a wall revealing the inside.  I would say they would have to decorate all of the interiors as well, but that hasn't phased DICE yet. Apparently everyone who lives in Russia and the Middle East doesn't have furniture.
ShaneDev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By ShaneDev
@FireBurger: and what little furniture they have explodes once you walk into it for some reason :P
FireBurger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By FireBurger

@ShaneDev said:

" @FireBurger: and what little furniture they have explodes once you walk into it for some reason :P "

Well it makes sense in the Middle Eastern maps. Those fuckers stick bombs on everything.

Sorry, that was offensive.