• 116 results
zanzibarbreeze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 6

#101  Edited By zanzibarbreeze

The GameCube controller was actually pretty good. Still, I prefer the Dual Shock 3, and then the Dual Shock line as a whole.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#102  Edited By DystopiaX

honestly, 360's basic layout. I'd fix the dpads so that they're all individual buttons, Ps3/everyone else style. Also replace the thumbstick clickers with extra shoulder buttons, make the sticks a little longer, and have adjustable tension so taht you can adjust it to personal preference. 

Oh wait, that's called the Razer Onza, lol. Let's just hope it doesn't fail when it comes out later this year. The only thing I would change about that controller is leaving start/select where they previously were.

DystopiaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By DystopiaX
@immike said:
"   After using the 360 controller for 3 years or so, I switched to the PS3 controller when I got my new PS3 Slim (obviously). It took a while to get used to it, but after I did I noticed that the PS3 controllers has more responsive and flexible joysticks (allowing for more precise movement) and a better D-Pad. I now love the DS3. When I play with the 360 Controller now, the Joysticks feel so stiff! (That's what she said) "
Not to repeat myself, but the razer onza has all that in 360 form, and better triggers as well, lol.
Avatar image for deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf
deactivated-6022efe9ba3cf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

gcube

FinalDasa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 16

#105  Edited By FinalDasa  Moderator

I was going to put the SNES controller, but I played some SNES games recently and now that controller feels so tiny. 

Then I was going to cave to the overwhelming vote for the Xbox 360 controller, but I think only because it's the one I play with the most more recently. 

So my vote goes to the N64 controller. 1st analog stick, trigger on the bottom, and so many goddamn buttons! Most games didn't even use them all, a few had the same function. 

jeffgoldblum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#106  Edited By jeffgoldblum

When it comes to flexibility and modern gaming the Dualshock 3 is my favorite It's got the almost the exact same features as the 360, but wins when it comes to the D pad and the layout of the controller. That said I also own a 360 and will happily play any game with a 360 controller; the Dualshock only wins by a very small margin. My favorite controller when it comes to practicality and design is the NES controller. It was designed with a purpose and has no frivolous additions. The NES controller controls and knows it's good at it. It's a simple minimalist rectangle with 4 buttons and that's all it ever needed. It also gets bonus points for being the first controller with a D pad.

immike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#107  Edited By immike
@floodiastus: Weird, because I hate the pressure that the 360's joysticks have against my inputs. I do way better in all my shooters, because of the joysticks. In other words, I like the joysticks, the buttons are less slippery, and the D-Pad is better. The triggers are kinda wack, but R1 and R2 are usually the action buttons, so it's at the very least a little more acceptable.  

@DystopiaX: I understand your reasoning, but If they aren't out yet, I can't choose it as my favorite controller. Also, the Dpad still looks a little weird in my opinion as the buttons are a bit too close together (if we're going to go off of looks). We'll see what happens if I can get my hands on one later, but for now I am gonna go with what I have (I hardy buy third party controllers anyways).
02sfraser

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By 02sfraser

I still love the Gamecube controller. The c-stick could do with being a big bigger for shooters but other than that I felt it fitted perfectly in my hands.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#109  Edited By Seppli

I love the 360 gamepad's layout and form factor. I hate the big-ass deadzones on its analog sticks though.

The PS3 pad (Dualshock 3) has shitty triggers and is somewhat too small. BUT - it has the superior analog sticks, with barely any deadzone at all. So it's my favorite gamepad yet.

How to improve on gamepads? LB/RB (L1/R1 respectively) must be replaced with mousewheel buttons.

WHY THE HELL HAVEN'T THEY THOUGHT OF THIS YET!!!

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Seppli

Anybody who has played PC games (especially MMOs) knows about the awesomeness of the mousewheel button. 

• It's perfect for zoom in/zoom out camera controls.
  • It's perfect to cycle through inventory quickly.
  • Imagine flicking the mousewheel in one direction to active an ability and flicking it in the other direction activating yet another ability.
  • Pushing in the mousewheel button is another fine trigger too.

So each mousewheel button can be mapped with 3 abilities. Or do classic inventory/gadget/weapon swap. Or act as a camera controll device. Overall - the mousewheel button has to come to the modern gamepad. LB/RB and L1/R1 are just wasting precious ergonomical space on the gamepad button layout. Replace them with mousewheel buttons please.

And also - Microsoft! Do away with the shitty deadzone on your analog sticks. Jeeez!
fuzzyponken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By fuzzyponken
@Seppli said:
Overall - the mousewheel button has to come to the modern gamepad. LB/RB and L1/R1 are just wasting precious ergonomical space on the gamepad button layout. Replace them with mousewheel buttons please.
That's a fucking great idea actually. 
bed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 24

#112  Edited By bed

dual shock. that's not because i favor sony. the 360 controller is superb but i've grown to like the dual shock Playstation controllers. 

Avatar image for taliciadragonsong
TaliciaDragonsong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Gamecube.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By HitmanAgent47

I'm okay with the dual shock 3 for now. I just think the analogs could be more accurate. There is no pefect controller out there unless it's being redesigned to adress every issue, like the R1, R2 buttons, analog and the D pad for the xbox360 ect.  

My favorite controller of all time is the mouse and keyboard tbh. Not sure if that counts, I think it's very accurate. That's my preference for controllers and control devices. My proof to my statement is that if the mouse is equilvent to the right analog, it sure has alot of space to move, you can move it a bit and get alot of accuracy with a gaming mouse. Not only that, if you learn how to use the keyboard for games, most games usually has the same universal layout. Space is always jump, reload is always R, crouch is always C or left control, fire is always left mouse button, ect. Learn a few games you learn them all. That's why I think it's the best. Yet of course I do have a logitec cordless rumble pad 2 controller, that looks sort of like a dual shock 3 for racing games. I can't race that well with the keyboard compared to a controller or play fighting games.  

I am ignorant to the xbox360's controller, I don't own that console or have a xbox360 controller, i'm sure it's very comfortable and good for fps games.

Seppli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Seppli
@fuzzyponken said:
" @Seppli said:
Overall - the mousewheel button has to come to the modern gamepad. LB/RB and L1/R1 are just wasting precious ergonomical space on the gamepad button layout. Replace them with mousewheel buttons please.
That's a fucking great idea actually.  "
True that. The more I think about having mousewheel buttons on my gamepad, the more of a nerd boner I get. The added functionality would be immense.

Unbelieve it hasn't been done yet already.
zyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#116  Edited By zyn
@Azteck said:
" 360 controller, without a doubt. Haven't had a single controller fit as well in my hand as that does. "
HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By HitmanAgent47
@gakon5: Oh right, the shift key is used in valve games for crouching, my mistake. I also noticed halo uses left tab to switch weapons. My point is with most pc games besides the crouch, most things has a very similar layout for games. Not every console game is layout the same either, however there seems to be a pattern. I could race with the keyboard, however you need uber micro skills because if you want to turn a bit, you have to like press the key a few times because it's not an analog I suppose. I actually managed to play devil may cry 4 before with a keyboard. It's not easy, however it's possible. Fighting games, well doing any special moves is like impossible for me in real time.