• 159 results
RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RE_Player1

What is you favorite game this generation that you know is severly flawed? For me it would be Mirror's Edge. I love the aesthetic of the game, the sense of speed, music and platforming. I desperately want a sequel. That being said when you are not running or when your stuck in combat shooting guys it's garbage. I hated that when your in the groove running from guys and than you have to stop and figure out where to go, totally destroys the game for me at least.

Avatar image for mariachimacabre
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By MariachiMacabre

Oh dear god Fallout 3 and/or New Vegas. Both are so goddamn broken but I bet I've stuck 250 hours into them collectively.

elyk247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 25

#3  Edited By elyk247

Deadly Premonition.

PrivateIronTFU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By PrivateIronTFU

Mass Effect. I played through that game three times, I love it. But man, it was a technical nightmare when it was first released.

HitmanAgent47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#5  Edited By HitmanAgent47

Mirrors edge and saints row 2

MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@PrivateIronTFU said:
" Mass Effect. I played through that game three times, I love it. But man, it was a technical nightmare when it was first released. "
And this.
Mechanical_Ape

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mechanical_Ape

Dragon Age 2. It feels very rushed and there are some serious issues with that game, but I still enjoyed it a lot. For all of its problems, I still have fun playing it.

I guess I could say Alpha Protocol as well. Personally, I didn't see many of the issues other people had with the game, so I don't really consider it flawed. But, I know some people do.

Akyho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Akyho

Alpha Protocole aswell. There is flaws except...the flaws are when you expect the game to behave like youd think it should. EG Like Metal Gear solid on stealth....or like Mass effect on shooting,

Its strange. once you get past such things and relise that there isnt 400hrs of random voice work. or thousands of diffrent Motion capped animations. You relise its a good game. if it was reliased a few years ago it would have snapped up alot of awards. Since people would have put up with all these things.

Mass effect is a brokenish fun game.

SMTDante89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 28

#9  Edited By SMTDante89

I'm not sure about my absolute favorite flawed game this generation, but my current favorite is Too Human.

Interfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#10  Edited By Interfect

Easy Alpha Protocol. Absolutely amazing and a bit broken.

Otogi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Otogi
@Elyk247 said:
" Deadly Premonition. "
It was definitely my game of the year.
lavaman77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By lavaman77

Dead Rising 1, great game with awful save system.

recroulette

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 11

#13  Edited By recroulette

Heavy Rain

Gabriel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Gabriel
@MariachiMacabre said:
" Oh dear god Fallout 3 and/or New Vegas. Both are so goddamn broken but I bet I've stuck 250 hours into them collectively. "
pweidman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#15  Edited By pweidman

Too Human I guess, although I never felt it was severely flawed like many others did.  Jeff's comments in the latest Bombcast were very interesting, as well as the other things the guys had to say about TH and it's possible continuation of the trilogy.

New Vegas was more of a mess technically, but I still really enjoyed my 100+ hrs in that game.

The Last Remnant also comes in close in this category for me.  That game's free DLC was absolutely amazing, although most didn't experience it because of the flak the game got from every quarter.

JoeyRavn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By JoeyRavn

I wouldn't consider Deadly Premonition "flawed" in the same way New Vegas was "flawed". DP did what it could with what it had available. More than "flawed", it has a low quality by today's standards. But I would definitely pick it as a one of my favorite games this gen.

Edit: Also, the first Assassin's Creed. I fucking loved that game, but I can understand why the way it was structured makes people hate the game. The side-missions and required steps to get to the assassinations proper was a bit tedious. Didn't prevent me from S-Ranking it, though.

MysteriousBob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By MysteriousBob
Fallout 3 is my overall favourite game of this generation but with great ambition, comes a shit load of bugs. Didn't stop me from enjoying it though. I'd probably encounter loads of bugs in another game from this gen if I spent over one hundred hours with it as well.
No0b0rAmA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By No0b0rAmA

Stalker Clear Sky anyone?

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#19  Edited By JasonR86

Mirror's Edge.

Chop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Chop

Dead Rising

Not Dead Rising 2 though. I only have enough love in my heart for one broken ass game. 
Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#22  Edited By Marz

Alpha Protocol i guess.  I know it's pretty flawed but the ambitious genius in there that needed a little more time in the oven could have made it a spectacular game.

Games like Fallout, Mass Effect.  That other people are posting here i wouldn't consider them because they really weren't that flawed to me personally, they were just pretty damn good games.
Winger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Winger

Heavily flawed, but enjoyable to me was the new splatterhouse.

If a game is that bad I usually just don't deal with it, but this one felt like an alpha version, but it still felt special enough for me to run through it in two days at launch.

Probably will never see another one, maybe it is for the best but I would like to see a recreation of the original game.

X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By X19

Mirrors Edge. I just play the DLC now so I don't have to worry about the awful combat.

Chummy8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#25  Edited By Chummy8  Online

Too Human.  Seriously

I can't tell you how long I spent farming the epic armor. 
Avatar image for deactivated-59a31562f0e29
deactivated-59a31562f0e29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nier & Alpha Protocol 

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27  Edited By AhmadMetallic

Mirror's Edge is not flawed

it had a unique combat mechanic that had a vibe that 99% of those who played it did not get. fortunately, i got that vibe and i beat that game in one swift move with some of the best hand-to-hand combat sequences i ever had in a video game
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Marz said:
" Alpha Protocol i guess.  I know it's pretty flawed but the ambitious genius in there that needed a little more time in the oven could have made it a spectacular game.

Games like Fallout, Mass Effect.  That other people are posting here i wouldn't consider them because they really weren't that flawed to me personally, they were just pretty damn good games.
"
You are one lucky bastard to have not experienced the rampant (sometimes hilarious) glitches in Fallout. Didn't your copy ever freeze?
RagingLion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#29  Edited By RagingLion

Mirror's Edge too and maybe Assassin's Creed.

Avatar image for the_official_japanese_teabag
the_OFFICIAL_jAPanese_teaBAG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Force Unleashed.  im a fan of the star wars universe so thats why 

AlexW00d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AlexW00d
@Interfect said:
" Easy Alpha Protocol. Absolutely amazing and a bit broken. "
Avatar image for theseductivemoose
TheSeductiveMoose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@No0b0rAmA said:
"

Stalker Clear Sky anyone?

"
Yeah, I'd go with that. Probably my favourite out of the STALKER franchise, unstable as shit though.
Aus_azn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Aus_azn

Final Fantasy XIII

Slow-starting and a drag to play, its battle system and plot foundation hit it home as "worth it".

Note: I said plot foundation, not plot. That means the universe, not Serah Farron.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By RE_Player1
@Ahmad_Metallic I guess I'm part of the 99% that didn't "get" it. Can you come over my house and teach me how to play it properly? I'll pay upwards of $15 an hour to get some advice from a Mirror's Edge pro.
X19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By X19
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MariachiMacabre
JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By JasonR86
@Ahmad_Metallic:

Wildly swinging your arms due to lack of lock-on, slow gunplay and hit and miss hit detection on the disarms is not a vibe I care for.
phish09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By phish09

Mass Effect I guess, but that's only because it is overall my favorite game this gen, and every game is flawed in one way or another. 

My other favorite "flawed games" I guess would be Metal Gear Solid 4, Grand Theft Auto 4, Red Dead Redemption, Portal, Halo Reach, Uncharted 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum.  I have a feeling that all the games I'm looking forward to the most will also have their flaws, but if you go around demanding perfection out of games then you probably won't end up enjoying many.

AquaGeneral

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#39  Edited By AquaGeneral

STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl. I haven't played any other STALKER game besides that one, I must say that I am very compelled to now.

evildeadron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#40  Edited By evildeadron

Deadliest Catch: Alaskan Storm

dont judge me...

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Spoonman671

Far Cry 2.  I liked driving around, but those respawning guard posts sucked.

RE_Player1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By RE_Player1
@phish09 I'm not saying games don't have flaws. Everything has flaws. Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games of all times but it's not perfect. That being said the flaws it does have are so minor that they don't ruin the experience for me at all. While Mirror's Edge in the other hand is a good game but when it's flaws do come up, like the combat, it severly impacts my overall enjoyment.
Marz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#43  Edited By Marz
@MariachiMacabre: I didn't experience much bugs, though a crash to desktop i wouldn't consider the game flawed because of that.  Lots of games crash.  Another reason why i label Alpha Protocol flawed is because the whole design of the combat didn't really fit into the whole espionage type of vibe the game was trying to portray.   

This is probably the extent of buggyness i found in fallout 3.  and it's a video i recorded awhile back myself.  But that didn't really affect the story or gameplay to make it "flawed".

AhmadMetallic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44  Edited By AhmadMetallic
@RE_Player92 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic I guess I'm part of the 99% that didn't "get" it. Can you come over my house and teach me how to play it properly? I'll pay upwards of $15 an hour to get some advice from a Mirror's Edge pro. "
so you're one of the idiots who get offended easily and start telling people they're elitists and pros who need to get off their high horse? fuck it then i'm not bothering with you
FYI i've only beaten ME once. no pros here, jerk.

@JasonR86 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: Wildly swinging your arms due to lack of lock-on, slow gunplay and hit and miss hit detection on the disarms is not a vibe I care for. "
  1. lack of lock-on was part of the beauty of it. nothing was certain and you had to improvise and keep alert, and always consider the possibility of missing. lock-on takes the challenge and thrill out of it!
  2. the slow gunplay was exactly was ME needed. it wasn't a shooter. which is why the gunplay was slow and not so efficient - it made you feel like shooting someone is an achievement whenever you pulled it off (which felt amazing because we're used to shooting and killing thousands of bots in every other game)
  3. the hit detection on the disarms was not a hit and miss. maybe i always disarmed successfully because the game played better on the PC (which i doubt since it's probably a port) but i'm thinking you just didn't execute the disarms well
craigbo180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#45  Edited By craigbo180

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Dead Rising.
MariachiMacabre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By MariachiMacabre
@Marz said:
" @MariachiMacabre: I didn't experience much bugs, though a crash to desktop i wouldn't consider the game flawed because of that.  Lots of games crash.  Another reason why i label Alpha Protocol flawed is because the whole design of the combat didn't really fit into the whole espionage/spy type of vibe the game was trying to portray.   

This is probably the extent of buggyness i found in fallout 3.  and it's a video i recorded awhile back myself.  But that didn't really affect the story or gameplay to make it "flawed".

"
Huh. Well seeing as I played both on consoles, I guess I experienced more problems. I suppose crashes on the PC and crashes on PS3 and 360 are two VERY different things.
MooseyMcMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#47  Edited By MooseyMcMan

Deadly Premonition, by a LANDSLIDE! 

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By JasonR86
@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @RE_Player92 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic I guess I'm part of the 99% that didn't "get" it. Can you come over my house and teach me how to play it properly? I'll pay upwards of $15 an hour to get some advice from a Mirror's Edge pro. "
so you're one of the idiots who get offended easily and start telling people they're elitists and pros who need to get off their high horse? fuck it then i'm not bothering with you
FYI i've only beaten ME once. no pros here, jerk.

@JasonR86 said:
" @Ahmad_Metallic: Wildly swinging your arms due to lack of lock-on, slow gunplay and hit and miss hit detection on the disarms is not a vibe I care for. "
  1. lack of lock-on was part of the beauty of it. nothing was certain and you had to improvise and keep alert, and always consider the possibility of missing. lock-on takes the challenge and thrill out of it!
  2. the slow gunplay was exactly was ME needed. it wasn't a shooter. which is why the gunplay was slow and not so efficient - it made you feel like shooting someone is an achievement whenever you pulled it off (which felt amazing because we're used to shooting and killing thousands of bots in every other game)
  3. the hit detection on the disarms was not a hit and miss. maybe i always disarmed successfully because the game played better on the PC (which i doubt since it's probably a port) but i'm thinking you just didn't execute the disarms well
"
1) That is an excellent spin on how that game played.  You should be in PR.

2) You're right, it wasn't a shooter.  So why were there guns in the first place?  It was a lazy attempt to get at a wider audience (the shooter audience).  Any excuse doesn't explain away poor gameplay.

3) The fact that I was able to pull off disarms means I understood the concept.  About 75% of the time it worked.  But, like the platforming edge-grab hit detection, the disarm hit detection didn't always work even if I did the move perfectly.  I played on the Xbox 360 so maybe the mouse control on the PC port helped with this.  But the game I played just straight had bad hit detection in a number of areas.

Ultimately, this game was a platforming with shoehorned combat in an attempt to get at a wider audience.  There shouldn't have been any combat at all.  The game should have focused on platforming.  This could have been done if those combat segments were just turned in to chase scenes.  With more chase scenes, as we saw during certain moments in the game, the game would have emphasized platforming which, to me, was the point of the game in the first place.  Combat just slows everything down let alone the fact that it felt awkward from a gameplay perspective.
MrKlorox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By MrKlorox

STALKER series.

l4wd0g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers