FancySoapsMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

#51  Edited By FancySoapsMan

DualShock.

The design has barely changed through 3 gens for a reason.

Nocall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By Nocall
@tracerace11 said:
" I will probably be hailed as an idiot for this opinion, but i really liked the Gamecube controller.  I really liked how they arranged the face buttons.  The only downside to that controller may have been the C-stick, but I did not play many shooters on the Gamecube, so I was fine with it.  Actually, the C-stick worked really good with sports games. "
Agreed. Dunno why, but something about the Gamecube controller just felt "right"
WickedCobra03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 8

#53  Edited By WickedCobra03
@Kyreo:@crusader8463 said:

" Back when I had my N64 I remember buying a third party controller that looked something like this one below, and it was a million times better then the default N64 one. 

No Caption Provided
 I remember once I used this one I could never use the in box one again because it just felt weird and wrong. "
THIS!  I had this controller also and it was like 100x better than the original N64 controller, sadly, I was only able to buy one since I was still a teenager with not much money and I already had like 2 regular N64 controllers, so rebuying extra N64 controllers was not really possible with the little income I had.  The controller eventually broke.  Well not so much broke, the tumbstick just wore out and got super loose to the point where it was not even functional anymore.

Thanks Kyero for bringing back those memories!

[EDIT] I totally forgot to add what my favorite controller was.  I think I would have to say the Sega Saturn controller.  It was comfortable, robust and functional.  As for current controllers, I really don't mind the PS3 controller, even for shooters.  I was able to get used to it rather quickly, but I don't think I really had a huge problem with it in the first place.
coryrx8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By coryrx8
@crusader8463 said:
" Back when I had my N64 I remember buying a third party controller that looked something like this one below, and it was a million times better then the default N64 one. 

No Caption Provided
 I remember once I used this one I could never use the in box one again because it just felt weird and wrong. "
I loved that controller too. Why Nintendo thought that the N64's trident-shaped abortion was a good idea was beyond me... this was the first third-party controller that I preferred over the first-party one.

Best controller ever... I'm going to have to go with the 360 SE controller. The 360 controller was already easily my favorite controller, then they fixed the D-pad and made it even better.
crusader8463

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 5

#55  Edited By crusader8463
@WickedCobra03: @coryrx8: I only ever had two controllers, that one and the default one. My friend and I always used to fight over who got to use the good one. Since it was mine I usually won!
Romination

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56  Edited By Romination

I really like my Wavebird. The battery life is amazing, it's great to hold, and I barely even notice the lack of rumble.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d3a53d23027
deactivated-57d3a53d23027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

Xbox 360 controller, because it doesn't give me hand cramps. But I love the PS button symbols for the pure nostalgia. Keyboard and mouse are not always better, sometimes I would rather use a controller and sometimes I would prefer to use keyboard+mouse. The controller is more comfortable, and it is better for games like Super Meat Boy.

Leafhopper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#58  Edited By Leafhopper

Couldn't tell you to be honest.

HadesTimes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 8

#59  Edited By HadesTimes

I used to love the old Dreamcast controller.  But probably the Wavebird for The Gamecube was the best ever.  Now I like the PS3 controller because with extended use the 360 controller hurts my hand.

iWonder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#60  Edited By iWonder

Dualshock 2.

rentfn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#61  Edited By rentfn

SNES

sameeeeam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#62  Edited By sameeeeam

It's so bad
It's so bad
Daveyo520

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#63  Edited By Daveyo520

360 controller. 

Avatar image for joyfullofrockets
JoyfullOFrockets

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By JoyfullOFrockets

Threee sixxtteee controller.

Natedog24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#66  Edited By Natedog24

360 controller seems to fit into my hands the best so it gets my vote, although the dpad on it does suck. I do love the thumbsticks on the dual shock 3 though, but the overall shape of the controller is too small IMO.

Example1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Example1013

DualShock (probably 2 specifically), followed by GameCube, then 360. That covers controllers most relevant to the debate. 

Just to demonstrate how shitty the Wii is: we have one in my dorm room. It's someone else's, but he keeps it here because this is pretty much the only place to use it. We have one WiiMote, no nunchuks, and 6 GameCube controllers (I own 4 wired, someone bought a wireless, and someone else brought another wired).

Rek503

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Rek503

Standard SNES controller

Patman99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Patman99

I am my favorite controller thanks to kinect.... 

but seriously, I will say the Dreamcast controller just because I miss it so god damn much.

Avatar image for fenixrevolution
fenixrevolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By fenixrevolution

I think just from the sheer years of use, the dual shock controllers are my favorite. It's like riding a bike.

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#71  Edited By Vextroid

The DualShock though its a tie between 2 and 3, 2 for the L2 and R2 triggers and 3 for the wireless-ness. 

Side Story: I remember playing the Dreamcast at a relatives house for the first time and he told me how comfy the controller was, being a PSX kid I't was a refreshing change, After holding it I actaully said aloud "This is the most comfortable controller I have held." But the DualShock still wins.

Yanngc33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#72  Edited By Yanngc33

I'm pretty happy with the current 360 controller. I also like fightsticks but i dont really have a favorite

StingerMK2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By StingerMK2

for me its gotta be the 360 controller, the dual shock always felt way too flimsy and small, and i hate the fact that the D-Pad is in my default thumb position, and i could NEVER remember which was round the circle and square buttons were, i think this is one of the reasons i havent owned a playstation since the first one. the lack of games that interested me over other consoles probably didnt help its cause either

After the 360 controller its gotta be the Dreamcast followed by Gamecube, 

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Ahmad_Metallic said:
" @crusader8463 said:
" Keyboard and mouse. When I have to lower myself to using a controller however, I like the PS3 the most. "
"
CptPanda29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By CptPanda29

I just like the 360 one, I got a PS3 in January and I can't effin' stand those trigger things.

linkster7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#76  Edited By linkster7

I think I may be  strange in some ways because I don´t like the Dualshocks.

Favorite of all time: GameCube
Favorite current : X360
Honorable mention: Mouse and Keyboard

FuzzYLemoN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By FuzzYLemoN

Mouse & Keyboard all the way, bro.

PhatSeeJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 17

#78  Edited By PhatSeeJay

Keyboard and Mouse. 

Controller: Wireless 360 controller with battery in. Before that, I liked the N64 controller surprisingly much.

Anund

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Anund

PS3, only drawback is the rather useless analog triggers.

marblecmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#80  Edited By marblecmoney

I have to go with the 360 controller because it's the most comfortable for me to hold. The Dualshock is a great controller, but it just feels a tad small in my hands nowadays.

tomance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By tomance

360 controller is the most comfortable for me.  If it had the PS3 dpad, then it would probably be perfect.