• 145 results
#1 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (102 posts) -

Mine is Transformers Fall of Cybertron what is yours?

#2 Posted by ilovebees (75 posts) -

The Walking Dead

#3 Posted by laserbolts (5309 posts) -

Dust.

#4 Posted by Ramone (2931 posts) -

Journey

#5 Posted by AlexW00d (6059 posts) -

Wargame.

#6 Posted by MikeGosot (3227 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs.

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (34594 posts) -

Played in 2012 or released in 2012?

#8 Posted by l4wd0g (1815 posts) -

Diablo 3

#9 Edited by Hunter5024 (5168 posts) -

The only games I've beaten that were released in 2012 so far are FF13-2, Lollipop Chainsaw, Journey, and Soul Calibur 5. Of those 4 probably Lollipop Chainsaw I guess? Man what a lame year so far.

#10 Posted by Animasta (14460 posts) -

Binary Domain

#11 Posted by xyzygy (9617 posts) -

XIII-2

#12 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1868 posts) -

Oddly enough, Crusader Kings 2 was the one game from this year I put a lot of hours into. Probably had to do with the timing of me discovering it and how long it has been since I've been drawn to a good strategy game. I'd say that for now, but it's definitely subject to change.

#13 Posted by Lysergica33 (480 posts) -

Journey

#14 Posted by NoobSauceG7 (1210 posts) -

It's hard for me to say...I liked Mass Effect 3 a lot, Darksiders 2 is really great and so is Trials Evolution.

#15 Posted by csl316 (7345 posts) -

Mass Effect. Followed by Dust and Asura's Wrath (The Darkness II was pretty neat, but not top of the line)

#16 Posted by ThePickle (4149 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

Played in 2012 or released in 2012?

Good question. I imagine released, but I will say played and my answer is Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3.

#17 Posted by believer258 (11039 posts) -

Mass Effect 3 on account of it being the only 2012 release I've completed and (I believe) the only 2012 release I've actually bought. To sum up my opinion on it: Interesting, but this will go down in history as a sad year if nothing else can kick it clean off of the top spot and right down to the "OK but forgettable" area.

#18 Posted by 49th (2542 posts) -

Journey the only 2012 game I have played.

#19 Posted by Brad (2849 posts) -

I haven't started formalizing a list, but so far Asura's Wrath is the only disc game I can think of that will probably make it. The rest are all downloadable. I think that's pretty swell.

Staff
#20 Posted by Redbullet685 (5980 posts) -

Walking Dead.

#21 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5750 posts) -

Released this year: probably Devil Survivor 2. I really enjoyed Final Fantasy XIII-2 as well, but the terrible ending soured the experience a little bit. 

Played so far this year: Valkyria Chronicles.

#22 Posted by FilipHolm (663 posts) -

Journey ;)

#23 Posted by Barrock (3525 posts) -

@Brad said:

I haven't started formalizing a list, but so far Asura's Wrath is the only disc game I can think of that will probably make it. The rest are all downloadable. I think that's pretty swell.

Brad did you play Sleepy Dawgz? Not just for a Quick Look I mean.

#24 Posted by Cellardoor (20 posts) -

Journey

#25 Posted by Marino (4101 posts) -

I'm still gonna say Mass Effect 3. I'd expect Borderlands 2 or Assassin's Creed 3 to topple it though.

Staff
#26 Posted by leinad44 (500 posts) -

@ilovebees said:

The Walking Dead

This by a mile!

#27 Posted by kgb0515 (411 posts) -

I'm going with Binary Domain. BIG BOOOOOOOOOOO!

#28 Posted by LethalKi11ler (1400 posts) -

I first wrote Battlefield 3 before figuring out it's a 2011 release... What else? Can't really say, maybe the Walking Dead that i really enjoyed or the new Kingdom Hearts. I'll wait for Fall.

#29 Posted by Encephalon (1174 posts) -

The Walking Dead, so far.

#30 Posted by Jeust (10334 posts) -

Catherine

#31 Posted by sins_of_mosin (1556 posts) -

Here are my highlights of the year so far and I don't care when a game came out. 

Binary Domain was surprisingly good and I hope they make another but ditch the relationship system. 

Dead Island was really fun and I can't wait for their next game.  

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning was awesome.

The Darkness 2 was a big improvement over the first game and I'm looking forward to the next one.
#32 Posted by Elyk247 (361 posts) -

Mass Effect 3. Trials Evolution and Fez are close, though.

#33 Posted by Bulby33 (521 posts) -

Either Mass Effect 3 or the Walking Dead Episodes. I'm not sure yet. 

I was hoping for Darksiders II but... my game is broken.

#34 Posted by nickux (1377 posts) -

I've played about 40 games this year so far (some old some new) and I am shocked to see that Syndicate is my current game of 2012. I just loved the campaign and the co-op stuff was great. Really dug it.

#35 Edited by yesac2004 (97 posts) -

Darksiders II or Sleeping Dogs

Edit: Binary Domain

#36 Posted by EquitasInvictus (1868 posts) -

I said:

Oddly enough, Crusader Kings 2 was the one game from this year I put a lot of hours into. Probably had to do with the timing of me discovering it and how long it has been since I've been drawn to a good strategy game. I'd say that for now, but it's definitely subject to change.

Posts in this thread just reminded me that Mass Effect 3 was this year. I have to redact Crusader Kings 2 in favor of ME3. Despite the controversy behind it I firmly believe it was the most satisfying end to the trilogy they could've done.

#37 Posted by spankingaddict (2646 posts) -

Walking Dead or Botanicula

The crazy part is I hardly care for point and clink adventure games !

#38 Posted by Sombrero_Ninja (34 posts) -

@sins_of_mosin said:

Here are my highlights of the year so far and I don't care when a game came out.

Binary Domain was surprisingly good and I hope they make another but ditch the relationship system.

Dead Island was really fun and I can't wait for their next game.

Kingdoms Of Amalur: Reckoning was awesome.
The Darkness 2 was a big improvement over the first game and I'm looking forward to the next one.

Binary Domain was surprisingly good and I hope they make another but expand/deepen the relationship system. Fix'd I want them to come up with more situations and more differences like different endings based on this to increase replayablity......... SCRAP THE MULTIPLAYER, SERIOUSLY Make singleplayer longer and make the skill system more convoluted!

#39 Posted by MURDERSMASH (248 posts) -

Dust: An Elysian Tail is the clear winner thus far for me, with Fez close behind, and Darksiders 2 a distant third.

#40 Edited by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

So I keep a list on my phone of my current games of the year, and I have the last 5 years or so on there too. Which I change sometimes as I get around to games I never got to play, or games I suddenly develop an appreciation for (Resident Evil 5, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit). Anyways, here's this year.

• Persona 4 Arena
  • The Walking Dead
  • Super Monday Night Combat
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Trials Evolution
  • Resonance
  • Spec Ops The Line
  • Civilization 5: Gods and Kings
  • Silent Hill Downpour

I expect X-COM, Borderlands, AC3, Most Wanted and Hitman to push some of those lower level stuff off. Maybe Guild Wars 2 if it picks up.

I'll tell you what's surprising... two of my top three are competitive multiplayer games. A fighter might pop in (MvC3 was 8th last year, BlazBlue: CT was 9th in 2009), but never at the top spot. For a good two weeks, all I could think about was Persona 4 Arena, how to deal with Kanji, how to block Akihiko's rush, how to spam Droit with Mitsuru and win. And Super Monday Night Combat, that game was great.

#41 Posted by MetalBaofu (1265 posts) -

Not sure. It might would be Xenoblade, but I haven't finished it yet, so I can't say for sure. Ignoring that one for now, it would be between Mass Effect 3, Asura's Wrath, and Trials Evolution. Between those 3 I'm not sure. My bias for Mass Effect would probably make me pick it, though, if I had to make a list right now.

#42 Posted by Brodehouse (9370 posts) -

@Sombrero_Ninja said:

SCRAP THE MULTIPLAYER, SERIOUSLY Make singleplayer longer and make the skill system more convoluted!

Not that this is the right place for this argument, but among modern studios, the guys who put the multiplayer together are rarely the dudes who are working on the campaign. So if the multiplayer is bad, you're just shifting the guys who made the bad multiplayer into making some (presumably) bad singleplayer content.

#43 Posted by Ezakael (864 posts) -

I've barely played any games that have been released in 2012 so this should be super easy. Xenoblade, but I'm fully expecting Guild Wars 2 to overthrow it once I finally get my hands on it.

#44 Posted by green_sky (49 posts) -

Alan Wake (PC). It is the only one from 2012 i've played if it counts.

#45 Edited by Fjordson (2448 posts) -

Max Payne 3.

Then some downloadable stuff. Namely The Walking Dead and Dust: An Elysian Tail.

#46 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1592 posts) -

Max Payne 3, easily.

#47 Posted by Ace829 (2083 posts) -

My favorite so far has actually been Theatrhythm. I've played a good 35 hours of the game since it came out, and the music still makes me want to keep playing. Best Final Fantasy game I've played since X to be quite honest.

#48 Posted by Zacagawea (1569 posts) -

The Walking Dead.

#49 Posted by Bigandtasty (3202 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs almost by default. It's between that and Mass Effect 3, and I had more fun with SD. Not the biggest hater of the ending but I think my expectations affected my enjoyment of ME3.

#50 Posted by Coafi (1433 posts) -

It's a tie between The Walking Dead & Journey. I love both and have replayed them several times.