• 118 results
Edited 1 year, 2 months ago

Poll: Favorite game of 2013 (so far) (395 votes)

Kentucky Route Zero 1%
DMC Devil May Cry 4%
Ni No Kuni 4%
The Cave 0%
Skulls of the Shogun 0%
Antichamber 1%
Fire Emblem Awakening 7%
Dead Space 3 0%
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time 0%
Crysis 3 0%
Metal Gear Rising Revengeance 1%
Castlevania Lords of Shadows Mirror of Fate 0%
MLB 13 The Show 0%
SimCity 0%
Tomb Raider 5%
God of War Ascension 0%
Starcraft 2 Heart of the Swarm 1%
Lego City Undercover 0%
Gears of War Judgement 1%
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon 0%
Bioshock Infinite 26%
Guacamelee! 1%
Injustice Gods Among Us 1%
Dead Island Riptide 0%
Dragon's Dogma Dark Arisen 1%
Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon 2%
Metro Last Light 3%
Fuse 0%
Grid 2 0%
Remember Me 0%
Animal Crossing New Leaf 3%
The Last of Us 27%
Proteus 0%
Don't Starve 1%
Evoland 0%
Marvel Heroes 0%
Gunpoint 0%
The Swapper 1%
Super Puzzle Platformer Deluxe 0%
Element4l 0%
Call of Juarez Gunslinger 0%
StarDrive 0%
Surgeon Simulator 2013 0%
Monaco What's Yours Is Mine 1%
Starseed Pilgrim 0%
Rogue Legacy 1%
Zeno Clash 2 1%
Defiance 0%
Slender The Arrival 0%
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate 1%
Ridiculous Fishing 1%
Etrian Odyssey IV Legends of the Titan 1%
BIT.TRIP Presents: Runner2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien 0%
Cart Life 0%
Other 5%

If your favorite game isn't on the list, sorry. I tried to add as many major releases as possible.

My favorite game is a toss up between Bioshock and Devil May Cry, with Bioshock getting the nod.

#1 Edited by BeachThunder (11948 posts) -

BioShock Infinite with Zeno Clash 2 coming in second.

Also, you forgot Magrunner - I haven't finished it yet, but from what I've played, it's pretty great :D

#2 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

The Last of Us is my GOTG, but before that came along I thought BioShock would be unbeatable this year. I really want to try out gunpoint and cart life.

I think Bioshock will win this poll by virtue of simply being on more systems / played by more people. It's a worthy choice though.

#3 Posted by Rafaelfc (1348 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite so far (still haven't played Last of Us, unfortunately)

Honorable mentions to Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (bought it on impulse and can't stop playing) and Animal Crossing (it's been consuming most of my free time)

#4 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1748 posts) -

Hey! You forgot Aliens! Surely that must be somebody's favorite game, right?

The Last of Us, for me. Closely followed by Metro: Last Light.

#5 Edited by StarvingGamer (8250 posts) -

Fire Emblem

#6 Posted by JasonR86 (9710 posts) -

It's a toss up for me between Last of Us, Bioshock Infinite, and Tomb Raider. DMC is close but it just didn't quite get there. I'll have to wait and see where Tales of Xillia and GTA 5 falls on my list for the year as they will likely be the last two that could top my personal list.

#7 Posted by TheRealMoot (382 posts) -

Going with Blood Dragon, I had way to much fun with that game. Calling out references to movies and naming quotes as I go, and oh yeah, It was more Far Cry 3 but with techno light shows, laser guns and dumb 80's (Or early 90's) movie villains and plot points.

#8 Edited by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

You mean of the games that were actually released this year? I'm feeling pressured into BioShock Infinite, even though I wouldn't really choose that if I'd played other games from this year. (Presumably. It could be that 2013's a crap year for gaming and I just don't know it.)

#9 Posted by Milkman (16802 posts) -

1. The Last of Us

2. BioShock Infinite

3. Tomb Raider

4. DmC

I think that's every game that I've beaten this year. They were all very good!

#10 Posted by Animasta (14692 posts) -

zeno clash 2!

2013 games I've played:

zeno clash 2!

#11 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

I haven't played Bioshock yet but the Last of Us is really something special.

#12 Edited by PSNgamesun (408 posts) -

The Last of Us is far ahead of the pack but I also liked Fire Emblem, Injustice, Bioshock, and I just started Tomb Raider(so far so good). Also Luigis Mansion is so addicting lol. Still waiting for GTA5 and Beyond two souls and a bunch of other games before I actually proclaim LoU my game of the year(which I'm kinda expecting to stay atop).

#13 Posted by Dalai (7030 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite is currently atop my list for 2013, but I'm actually surprised at the number of 2013 games I own.

And somebody should vote for Kentucky Route Zero because despite it not being much of a "game" per say, it's simply gorgeous, funny and charming.

#14 Posted by bobafettjm (1491 posts) -

Looking at this list just made me realize how little the amount of games released in 2013 I have played. Out of the small handful or so that I have played I will go with Blood Dragon.

#15 Posted by ArbitraryWater (11748 posts) -

I still really like Fire Emblem Awakening, with Bioshock and Devil May Cry not far behind.

#16 Posted by gelatinabomination (184 posts) -

I haven't played too many new games this year in comparison to other years, but out of the ones I played, the Devil May Cry reboot floored me. Maybe it was because I was expecting another Enslaved-esque game with amazing cutscenes but middling gameplay, but I thought the creativity that game brought to its fights and level layouts was amazing. And the Bob Bargas fight is up there in my favorite boss battles ever.

#17 Posted by Clonedzero (4200 posts) -

I thought bioshock infinite is grossly overrated with an ending worse than ME3's. (but thats me) I watched the last of us via youtube (i dont own a PS3 or i would have gotten it), i'd vote for it but that'd be weird.

Dragons Dogma Dark Arisen was pretty awesome. so i voted for that. Cus it had an ending that didnt want me to take a crowbar to that stupid disney princess look-a-likes face.

#18 Posted by Hailinel (24838 posts) -

Fire Emblem: Awakening is my top right now. I had a blast playing it and want to go back for another 75+ hours as a lady Avatar at some point.

#19 Posted by skooks (85 posts) -

Ni no Kuni for me. That said I still have a few releases from this year to check out - namely The Last of Us, and Fire Emblem: Awakening - so that could change. Blood Dragon would be a very close second also.

#20 Posted by RadecAU (92 posts) -

Bioshock Infinite, but I also really loved Gunpoint

#21 Edited by Kidavenger (3556 posts) -

1. DmC

2. Tomb Raider

I haven't finished Ni No Kuni or Last of Us yet but they'd have to finish pretty strong to beat out DmC.

#22 Posted by BeachThunder (11948 posts) -

1. DmC

2. Tomb Raider

I really ought to get both of those games. They both seem really intriguing.

#23 Posted by JJWeatherman (14558 posts) -

Wow, I really thought Tomb Raider and BioShock were released last year. It's already been a long, strange 2013.

#24 Edited by TheBluthCompany (387 posts) -

I voted for Bioshock but Blood Dragon and especially DmC are sooooo good. I'm not really a fan of Devil May Cry/ Bayonetta style combat but that game is so much fun to play. Also, I'm too early in The Last of Us to judge it. This is the year of strong starts though. All four games I mentioned have incredible opening acts. Hopefully SR 4, GTA 5, and the crop of next-gen games can compete.

#25 Posted by Berserker976 (362 posts) -

The Last of Us. There really isn't a contest.

#26 Posted by Dracomaster01 (76 posts) -

It was a close tie between Fire Emblem and Bioshock, but out of the two Bioshock is the only one I really want to go back to whenever dlc comes out.

#27 Posted by ThePhantomnaut (6197 posts) -

I really like Rising a lot.

#28 Posted by EVO (3913 posts) -

I've only played a handful of games this year, but I finished Last of Us last night and wow. Multiplayer has me hooked too.

#29 Posted by Oscar__Explosion (2305 posts) -

Bioshock Infinate is the only 2013 game I've played

#30 Edited by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate - Definitely, my most played game this year and also the game I've enjoyed the most this year. Like the original Tri I'm still consistently playing it and probably will for the next year or so. I love Monster Hunter. Still need to get a Circle Pad Pro for my XL...

Runner up - Fire Emblem Awakening.

#31 Posted by LiquidPrince (15950 posts) -

Hmm, that's a tough one. My top games so far:

Tomb Raider
Injustice Gods Among Us
DMC Devil May Cry
Bioshock Infinite
Fire Emblem Awakening

and the winner is: Last of Us.

#32 Posted by Kedi2 (248 posts) -

1. Bioshock Infinite

2. Tomb Raider

Coincidentally those are the only two 2013 games I've played.

#33 Posted by Godlyawesomeguy (6398 posts) -

I haven't played a game from 2013 yet. Year of the backlog, guys.

#34 Posted by Demoskinos (14839 posts) -

Probably Devil May Cry. No lie I put 90 hours into that game. The first time through that game was amazing for the story stuff and subsequent playthroughs were insanely fun due to the combat being amazing. Bioshock Infinite takes a runner up spot.

#35 Posted by afjkidd5 (97 posts) -

I spent 60 hours in Ni No Kuni and want to play through it again, that tells me all I need to know. I haven't been into JRPGs in a decade because I grew tired of them after the PS1 era. I haven't started The Last of Us yet and I haven't completed Bioshock Infinite. I already like this year more than all of last year when it comes to games.

#36 Posted by laserguy (444 posts) -

The last of us, Bioshock and Infinite, Call of juarez: Gunslinger is pretty good. state of decay. Sleeping dogs {again}

#37 Posted by Wuddel (2092 posts) -

My top game is FEZ for PC.

Bioshock Infinite is awsome though. SimCity was a letdown, at least I got a free DeadSpace out of it. The Cave was fun as well.

#38 Posted by TruthTellah (9122 posts) -

Come on, Fire Emblem Awakening! You can do it!

#39 Edited by uniform (1835 posts) -

My favorite games of 2013 up to this point are appreciated, coming at a time when my interest in this hobby was waning following one of the weakest years in recent memory for games that catch my interest.

1. BioShock Infinite

2. The Last of Us

3. Tomb Raider

4. Ni no Kuni

The above not only reinvigorated my interest in games, they have already cemented 2013 as my favorite year of this gen.

#40 Posted by marbleCmoney (470 posts) -

Bioshock is certainly my game of the year so far, but I haven't had a chance to play The Last of Us which people seem to be really enjoying.

#41 Posted by BeachThunder (11948 posts) -

Wait, someone picked The Cave? Interesting...

#42 Edited by AyKay_47 (293 posts) -

The Last of Us.

I am of the firm opinion that the original Bioshock was a better game than Infinite, and if your new shit doesn't improve on your old shit then it's not worth praising.

#43 Edited by Extreme_Popcorn (842 posts) -

Metro: Last Light.

It improved on the first game in all areas especially the gunplay which was pretty poor in the first game. Second to none in how it looks and while the story does end rather abruptly, it was an interesting ride.

#44 Posted by Quarters (1707 posts) -

DmC for me. Really hope it gets a sequel.

#45 Posted by cutyoface (544 posts) -

Mine would be a either Fire Emblem or Bioshock but I still haven't played The Last of Us so maybe that will change.

#46 Posted by Nezza (359 posts) -

It's actually Persona 4: Golden which came out in February in Britain. But as it isn't on the list I've voted for Fire Emblem

1. Persona 4: Golden
  2. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  3. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
  4. Tomb Raider
  5. There isn't one as I'm still catching up on my 2012 backlog.
#47 Edited by selfconfessedcynic (2562 posts) -

@nezza said:

It's actually Persona 4: Golden which came out in February in Britain. But as it isn't on the list I've voted for Fire Emblem

1. Persona 4: Golden

Dude, if P4 Golden came out this year for me, I'd be 100% with you :D (well, to be fair it DID in Australia, but I imported it last year)

ED: Oh wow TLoU is ahead, though by only 2%!

Even though it's my second favourite game of all time (behind - wouldn't you know - P4 Golden), I honestly doubt it'll win too many GOTY awards. I suspect GTA5 is going to capture the american media (though it isn't my kind of game).

#48 Posted by AssInAss (2649 posts) -

Making me choose between Zeno Clash 2, Gunpoint, The Swapper, Proteus, and Kentucky Route Zero?

You are an evil man!

I'll go for Zeno Clash 2. I love those other games, but I haven't been as feverish as I have whenever I recommend Zeno Clash 2. Ambitious sequel for an indie game. One of the most imaginative worlds ever in a game, some crazy twists that change everything you know about the world, and easily still the best first person melee combat.

#49 Posted by Sinusoidal (1518 posts) -

I'm still working on backlog. The newest game I have played is ... Borderlands 2. I can't keep up with this industry.

#50 Posted by MildMolasses (3221 posts) -

Tomb Raider. That was one of the most fun experiences I've had this entire generation