Favorite Games of 2014... So Far

• 71 results
amp_1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I would say that South Park Stick of Truth and The Last of Us Left Behind are my top 2 contenders for game of the year so far. I really liked Infamous Second Son as well but not quite enough for it to be on the same tier as those two.

cornbredx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#52  Edited By cornbredx

Dark Souls 2 was ok, but not entirely on point with what I want out of Dark Souls. Miyazaki's absence is definitely felt in small ways. The game is still fine, though. It could be better is all.

South Park was one of the biggest surprises for me this year. Very good game.

Wildstar is a great MMO. I hope it does well and people don't keep saying it's a WoW clone. That's is incredibly untrue as well as reductive. Right now it's sucking up most of my time, as well as me being sick, but once I finish with it (mainly because of personal preference I don't want to stick to Wildstar forever as much as that'd be nice there are other games to play) I can get to playing some other games.

Watch_Dogs is great. I really like it and think it will go down as under rated. I don't think people get it, because I feel it's an open world stealth game. It's a completely different game if you play with that mentality anyway. It's unfortunate that the game mechanics don't really convey that super well as people seem to think it's an Ubisoft Hacker GTA which it's not.

I cant think of a whole lot of games that came out this year. I'm finding myself coming up blank for anything else (I write walkthroughs so a lot of games I play are not from this year and I'll probably get to most of this years games next year).

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By bigjeffrey
Avatar image for deactivated-58670791014d2
deactivated-58670791014d2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

My List

I keep this list updated or try to any way never played much this year

HeyGuys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I haven't played a ton of 2014 games so far but Wolfenstein: New Order has been a hugely pleasant surprise. The other game I've played the most of is Watch_Dogs and I have no idea what to say about that game. Honestly Watch_Dogs, oddly enough, feels rushed.

ninnanuam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Southpark: The Stick Of Truth

Titanfall...If only there was more people playing and more varied content, the minute to minute gameplay is boss.

benspyda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#57  Edited By benspyda
I did really enjoy this game, warts and all.
I did really enjoy this game, warts and all.

So far not that much... There have been more disappointments this year for me than surprises. But games coming out later this year give me hope.

Dark Souls II and Bravely Default were easily my favorites and that's about it. That said I have yet to play Child of Light or Wolfenstein: New Order, which I think I may like. Transistor, Jazz Punk, Infamous: Second Son and Metal Gear weren't bad, just disappointing for me. Watch_Dogs and South Park don't appeal to me, so I probably won't play them.

FluxWaveZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

My favorite 2014 game so far is Danganronpa by far. Playing it rocketed it to my all time favorite games next to Persona and Ace Attorney. Really looking forward to the sequel in a few months.

Karkarov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

1: Destiny - playing 15 hours of the alpha told me all I needed to know, the game will be awesome. I enjoyed the alpha more than I have enjoyed most full games so far this year.
2: Dark Souls II
3: South Park Stick of Truth
4: Shadowrun: Dragonfall
5: Watch_Dogs

This list will be wildly different when the year is over I can promise you that. I expect Dark Souls and Destiny to still but on it but not the other three. Well South Park might make it.

frustratedlnc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By frustratedlnc

I haven't liked enough games to make a top 5 list up until this point, and even within my top 4, only Dark Souls really grabbed me in a big way. Although, I expect Shovel Knight to be awesome in the next couple of days.

1. Dark Souls 2

2. Mario Kart 8

3. Gang Beasts

4. Monument Valley

5. ????

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 14

I really do need to fire up Transistor. Just got to find the time.

StarvingGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 25

My current top 10

1. Ultra Street Fighter IV
  2. Bravely Default
  3. Lightning Returns: Final Fantasy XIII
  4. The Banner Saga
  5. The Last of Us (Left Behind DLC)
  6. The Walking Dead: Season 2
  7. Broken Age
  8. inFamous: Second Son
  9. Mario Kart 8
  10. The Wolf Among Us
OGJackWagon69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jazzpunk, nidhogg, luftrausers, transistor, octodad, fract osc, 1001 spikes, titanfall, south park, wolfenstien, and broken age

all of these are goty contenders for me

kindgineer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I finally got my hands on an Xbox One over the weekend, and holy sh*t am I enjoying Titanfall. There's been a lot of negativity around the game, especially it's longevity, but I don't understand it at all. The game is wholly fantastic, and I'm playing it 2-3 hours a day. That's a lot for me. I just had a new son, and sleep is valuable, but I have found myself sacrificing sleep just to play some more.

So, that's my #1 for the year so far. OP's list is great, to, but I haven't played a single game on it.

Witchhunter7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Watch_Dogs so far for me. Enjoyed that far more than I thought I might. One of my favorite open world games in fact, only behind Sleeping Dogs for me.

Also really enjoyed Mario Kart 8 (Enjoying still actually), South Park: The Stick of Truth and Wolfenstein: The New Order.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc8838532af0
deactivated-5cc8838532af0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

1. Banner Saga
  2. Transistor
  3. South Park: The Stick of Truth
  4. Wildstar
  5. Dark Souls 2

Banner Saga is so fantastic, I wish more people would play it.

impartialgecko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#67  Edited By impartialgecko

Intellectually, I think Transistor is great. But deep down, the knee-jerk emotional part of me says that game sucks because it didn't get me like Bastion did.

RonGalaxy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68  Edited By RonGalaxy

I've been playing a lot of games not released in 2014 in 2014, so I dont think I could give an honest answer to that question. Here's games from 2014 I've interacted with, but I don't want to name my favorite (because they are all disappointing in some way).

• Bought Dark Souls 2, didn't beat it. Probably will get back to it soonish. Liked what I played of it, but I went away on vacation right when I started playing it. So I never really got back into it after that.
  • Infamous: Second Son - beat it recently, thought it was alright. It's a beautiful game, but it's definitely a step back for the series. The lack of enemy variety is really what's killing it for me. The last 2 games had multiple factions with multiple enemy types, including boss type enemies. This game doesn't really have that, at least not in the same scope.
  • Trials: Fusion - currently playing, like it a lot. It's my first trials game though, so I don't know how much that is factoring into me liking it a lot.
  • Walking Dead Season 2 and The Wolf Among Us. Both started out promising, bot have become supremely disappointing.
  • Transistor. Love the art and the gameplay design is neat, but I have no fucking idea what's happening in the story. I'd be fine with reading character backgrounds, but having that stuff linked to your skill loadout and having to put certain things in certain places to get story stuff seems like a poor way to do that. It was, probably, a bad idea to play that while I was also playing Infamous, Resogun, and Trials. I might restart it to see if I have a better experience.
  • Hitman Go: really cool, but simple to a fault (haven't beaten it, so maybe it gets insanely complex?)

edit: Oh shit, and I forgot about the last of us: left behind... That's weird, because that's definitely the best thing I played from this year.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

My list is currently like so:

1. Dark Souls II
  2. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
  3. Jazzpunk
  4. Watch Dogs
  5. Wolfenstein: The New Order
  6. Transistor
  7. South Park The Stick of Truth
  8. The Mighty Quest For Epic Loot

Spoiler alert: Destiny might take second place. Maybe. At least third. FarCry4 will also be high up there. I'm fine with South Park and Quest for Loot to be dropping off this list eventually. They are currently there to fill spots. I am a huge South Park fan, but the jokes in the game aside, the game itself was not that fun to play.

spankingaddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 12

For me ...

The Wolf Among Us

The Walking Dead Season 2

Transistor

InFamous : Second Son

Outlast

Marcsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

inFamous Second Sons has been my favorite so far.

Avatar image for counterclockwork87
Counterclockwork87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So far Dark Souls 2 by far, though I've enjoyed a lot that came out this year. Walking Dead has been fantastic but I'm going to wait until that's finished.