#1 Posted by bobcat1794 (279 posts) -
#2 Posted by bobcat1794 (279 posts) -

I omitted the mmo's and sequels (X-II) in the series just to narrow it down. And only did what i considered as the core games in the series.

#3 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

VI. Best story, best music, best battle system, best customization, best characters, best EVERYTHING.

#4 Posted by litrock (170 posts) -

FFV forever. It has a goofy story, but it's funny and plays fast and it has the most interesting, flexible job system the series ever saw. Also, some of the best themes to grace any of the Final Fantasy soundtracks.

#5 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4701 posts) -

My favorite is 7.

#6 Posted by MentalDisruption (1670 posts) -

9 all the way.

#7 Posted by babblinmule (1262 posts) -

Final Fantasy 10 is among my favourite games of all time, so I'm gonna have to go with that one!

#8 Posted by crusader8463 (14428 posts) -

I only ever really cared for Tactics Advance. Never cared for any of the numbered games.

#9 Posted by MiniPato (2751 posts) -

Final Fantasy 9.

Loved everything about it. Ditched the angsty story and futuristic settings from FF7 and FF8 for a more traditional fantasy setting that was still very unique and interesting. A bold move that makes FF9 probably the least liked PSX era Final Fantasy games, but I still hold it as the best. That's not to say I hate FF7 and FF8, I played both of those first and enjoyed them at the time. But upon replaying the three, I found FF9 to be the only one I can still enjoy, both story and gameplay.

#10 Posted by Soapy86 (2618 posts) -

My favorite always kind of goes back and forth between IX and VI, but tonight I'm feeling like IX.

I also really like XII as close third.

#11 Posted by PixelPrinny (1050 posts) -

VI.

#12 Posted by onimonkii (2463 posts) -

i played the most of XI but it's not an option

i got the farthest and liked the characters the best from X out of the few that i played so i guess that's my answer

#13 Edited by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

FFV followed closely by X and VII....I've tried playing VI several times but I can never get into it and stop around half way through, I don't get the hype.

#14 Posted by XxBarretxX (307 posts) -

X is my favorite game of all time. But I think 12 is probably a better game....maybe......But it IS my numero dos fav FF game. 
I own ALL the FF games and most of the side ones.

#15 Posted by Beforet (2932 posts) -

X is probably the best technically, but the writing of IX will always place it higher in my heart.

#16 Posted by Sargus (732 posts) -

FF6 represent.

#17 Posted by Sanaj (173 posts) -

Final Fantasy IX. For the soundtrack and lack of angst. Also, because of the great characters in particular Freya and Vivi.

#18 Posted by Doctorchimp (4055 posts) -

I voted IV...but I meant IX. Even though I know VI was the best...

#19 Posted by prestonhedges (1961 posts) -

VII was the one I played when I was a kid so I voted for that, though I've been playing VI recently and it's pretty good.

#20 Posted by McShank (1630 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

VI. Best story, best music, best battle system, best customization, best characters, best EVERYTHING.

VI is pretty fun, but I have to stick with what I know the best and that is IX. Probably because It was my first "Owned" FF instead of just playing them at friends or renting. The characters I enjoyed more in 9 then 6 than any ff ever so meh. Least the VGK didn't pick 10.. FF10 was horrible : /

#21 Posted by Chop (1998 posts) -

Well, since I can't vote for my favorite, I'll shout it in this thread.  

FFX-2 is the best Final Fantasy game. It has the best battle system by far and easily the most robust job system. Yeah, everything else is incredibly stupid, but is there any Final Fantasy without a ridiculously stupid story and characters? At least X-2 has scene skip, so it's not that painful. 

#22 Posted by wemibelec90 (1828 posts) -

I still need to actually finish a Final Fantasy game (well, besides 13) before I can say for sure. Gotten to the end of three different games without finishing them...

#23 Posted by vidiot (2737 posts) -
#24 Posted by LiquidPrince (16165 posts) -

XIII... 13.

Followed by 7.

#25 Posted by Icicle7x3 (1203 posts) -

VI > IX > IV > X-II > XII > VII > I > XIII > X > V > III > II >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> VIII

Haven't played much of the MMOs and don't really plan to either.

#26 Posted by McGhee (6075 posts) -

Final Fantasy 8. Triple Triad, motherfuckers.

#27 Posted by Lydian_Sel (2501 posts) -

FFVI or bust!

#28 Posted by Juno500 (481 posts) -

XII > VI = V > XIII > VII > IV > X > I > III > VIII > II

Havn't played IX yet.

#29 Posted by JasonR86 (9724 posts) -

6, 7, and 9 are my favorites. The others? Well...man...I think the games before 6 are looked at as good, from a modern point of view of the word 'good' as it pertains to video games, because of nostalgia. For example, I've tried to play through 4 many times. I just...it's just rough man. The constant grinding, the slow pace. It's just not for me. 8 was awful. I've never played the games past 9 so I can't speak to those games.

#30 Posted by SonicFire (821 posts) -

If you haven't played VI...do it. Look, it still holds up as one of the best RPG stories ever. In my opinion by a LONGshot the best in the series, and the best RPG from the 16-bit era

#31 Posted by Cloudenvy (5891 posts) -

Final Fantasy XIII for me. : )

#32 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

I loved Final Fantasy 9 so much. I just loved how fantastical the setting was.

#33 Posted by CornishRocker (398 posts) -

Final Fantasy V will always be my favourite. It's got the best class system, best music, and funniest story/characters of a FF game. It's also one of the few games that's had me feel genuine loss over a character death.

#34 Posted by joshthebear (2700 posts) -
#35 Posted by Turambar (6888 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

#36 Posted by falling_fast (2277 posts) -

VI for sure.

#37 Posted by Turambar (6888 posts) -

@boshjoyer said:

Hands down FF VI. Best music of the series, best characters, Kefka being the greatest villain of the series and overall story. Plus it has this:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KuvSDedrtKM.

Better version.

#38 Posted by Xtrememuffinman (958 posts) -

X followed closely by VIII.

Then probably VII. The rest are all good, but don't hold the same place in my heart like those do. Maybe IX, but barely- only for Vivi.

#39 Posted by CountMacula (231 posts) -

VI. That opening on the snes when the music kicks in and you see the three mech suits walking through the snow sends shivers down my spine to this day.

That being said, I haven't played IX yet and really want to.

#40 Posted by Melvargh (516 posts) -

@Juno500 said:

XII > VI = V > XIII > VII > IV > X > I > III > VIII > II

Havn't played IX yet.

XII represent. I want an HD release so bad.

#41 Posted by TooWalrus (13256 posts) -

The only ones I've played to completion are IV and XIII, so I'm gonna go with IV.