Favorite Metroidvania games!

• 56 results
Nev

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

I actually just got into this genre this year, and really fell in love with it! Early this year I went through Super Metroid, Zero Mission, and Metroid Fusion. Then the past few weeks thanks to Vinnyvania, I played through Symphony of the Night, Aria of Sorrow, and Dawn of Sorrow.

I think out of them all, my favorites are probably Super Metroid and Aria of Sorrow.

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 2

It's already been brought up but I just wanted to put in a vote for Guacamelee! which is, in my estimation, among the best 2D metroidvanias in the last 10 years. At least.

Metroid Fusion is on of my favourite older games in the genre. Doesn't get as much love as Super Metroid but it's very solid I think; only qualm is maybe a bit too easy.

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

One of the best games there's ever been, fo sho. And that remaster is coming soon, isn't it?

You guys forgot Batman: Arkham Asylum.

maxB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Sotn, metroid zero mission, Ori and the blind forest, shadow complex

Sinusoidal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Very good spacewhippers in abundance here. One that hasn't been mentioned is "Treasure Adventure Game". Terrible name, absolutely great game. The definition of underrated.

Some-human

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

For me, personally, my favourite is Wonder Boy III: The Dragon's Trap for Sega Master System. It had a nice hub world, and since I played it before I played any other MetrioidVania, it hold's a special place in my heart. It still plays so well and starts with the last 10 minutes of Monster World, and you need to beat the last boss of that game first. I just hope the Remake, which looks pretty AF, is gonna be as good.