• 80 results
NegativeCero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By NegativeCero

James Mielke was the man back in the day.

penguindust

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By penguindust

@CptBedlam said:

@PenguinDust said:

Garnett Lee. I listen to Weekend Confirmed every week and often drop into Shacknews to see if he's written anything. I like how he often plays Devil's Advocate during shows even if that sometimes pisses off listeners.

I'm just glad that Garnett is there to keep Cannata's hypetalk in check. That guy loves things way too much.

Two "N's" one "T" Cannata just loves lovin' things.

Avatar image for boom_goes_the_dynamite
Boom_goes_the_dynamite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

When he isn't trying to sell me on how the VGAs are a good idea Geoff Keighley can be pretty good. Seeing him interview Jack Tretton and Reggie these past two days was great, he didn't seem to steer away from questions that could have been deemed brutal, while not sounding like an asshole, so I can respect that.

And of course Sessler, who apparently has a new Max Payne look going on, or at least is new to me.

BlatantNinja23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By BlatantNinja23

Arthur Gies, and though I don't read a lot of stuff since I never go on IGN I do really enjoy Anthony Gallegos when he's on podcasts.

TheHBK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 6

#55  Edited By TheHBK

Sessler, the guys from ScrewAttack, the guy who voices the Gametrailer reviews and Alex Navarro.

admordem

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#56  Edited By admordem

Kevin VanOrd, Adam Sessler, Jane Douglas, Total Biscuit, Yatzee.

rpgee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#57  Edited By rpgee

@evanbower said:

Anthony Gallegos, Jeremy Parish, Tom Bissell (and his book extra lives). But most of all, Charles Onyett. Imagine this scenario: Giant Bomb is hiring one more editor for the site. Who would you pick? I think Charles would be a great fit.

I can't work up the stomach to visit IGN much anymore, but I really fondly remember their former Xbox team- Hilary Goldstein, Ryan Geddes, Erik Brudvig, and David Clayman, all of whom no longer work on the press side of the industry.

Man, those were the days, weren't they? I'm pretty sure the only reason I ever visited IGN back then was because of those chuckle-heads. Glorious.

But I don't think I have anyone that hasn't been said already. Justin and Griffin McElroy, Ben Kuchera and Tom Bissell are my go-to's. Plus, Polygon is looking to be promising.

Jazzycola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Jazzycola

Hmm Anthony Gallegos when he's not absorbing the dickish energy that is Arthur Gies or egging on the just plain nasty that is Brian Altono(which is incredibly rare these days since he podcasts with both of them so much).

One gaming journalist I really can't stand is Colin Moriaty. His reviews are okay but damn if anything that comes out of his mouth complete and utter nonsense. Hearing him preach about how video game developers should make a game is completely horrible. He's probably the worst offender at IGN of hyping things up(while insulting people that criticize it) then after it comes out finally reveals that its bad. Not to mention he takes Bill O'Reilly serious.

Avatar image for bestusernameever
BestUsernameEver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By BestUsernameEver

Jim Sterling. Geoff Kingley.

49th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By 49th

Geoff Kheiley when he is with Reggie.

ThePickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#61  Edited By ThePickle
No Caption Provided
Alexandru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#62  Edited By Alexandru

Kevin Van0rd

InfiniteGeass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#63  Edited By InfiniteGeass

Sessler.

bwheeeler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By bwheeeler

I've been listening to Besties and Chris Plante is really, really funny. Not familiar with his work, but who cares about that stuff! Just give me the laughs!!!

DVombatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By DVombatus

@ThePickle said:

No Caption Provided

Also, Anthony Gallegos.

Avatar image for deactivated-590b7522e5236
deactivated-590b7522e5236

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

all the old 1up guys

TheBostonPops

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By TheBostonPops

Jeremy Parish (pretty much all of the Retronauts crew, actually).

johncallahan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By johncallahan

Plenty, Sessler, the brothers McElroy, Arthur Gies, Kirk Hamilton, Phil Kollar, and pretty much everyone at Rock Paper Shotgun. Now if we branch out to more than journalists, that list just becomes unreasonable.

blackbird415

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#69  Edited By blackbird415

I like the guys (cheapyD, wombat, and shipwreck) at cheap ass gamer. They give a good different perspective while still keeping things light hearted with plenty of character.

wafflez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By wafflez

Justin McElroy, no question.  He was the star of his own TV show people!

JasonR86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#71  Edited By JasonR86

I think the guys from Gameinformer and Screwattack are pretty cool. They are more relaxed and easy going compared to a lot of video game sites.

rawrnosaurous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By rawrnosaurous

Sessmoney; he's always been the saving grace of G4 since they took removed all traces of TechTv

Brothers McElroy; Love them on MBMBaM and their humor and wit makes them two of the best in the business

Dan Ryckert; Though he likes to play the idiot for the amusement of others he is very smart and a great writer.

Andrew Reiner; Great writer and one of the top talents at GameInformer

Dan Hsu; One of those people that has been all over the industry and has only gotten better and better at their job.

Hunter5024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#73  Edited By Hunter5024

I listened to the Hotspot pretty regularly for about a year or two before Giantbomb, and for a year or two after so I still like a lot of those guys over at Gamespot. It sure is a shame they put a bullet in that thing. Also Yahtzee Croshaw, Noah Antwiler, a couple of the guys who used to work at Kotaku pre shitshow, and I will defend Leigh Alexander to the grave.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1
deactivated-5a00c029ab7c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Epic battle axe guys, and Greg Kassvin although he makes games now I still think he was best journalist great reviews and insight into games.

Gruff182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Gruff182

@Joey_Connell said:

Matt Cundy from gamesradar uk is mad.Everything he says is a joke and his articles always go off topic in a weird way. He reminds me of an english vinny. For an example tryhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPCIFfOpj7A&feature=relmfuor http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nbAh5CRQFyQ&feature=relmfu

I second Cundy. He may not be the best Journo, but hes deffo the funniest. He'l crack jokes and when its something completely stupid,he'l take it deadly serious. http://youtu.be/ASAfUh6cDI4

sammo21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 45

#76  Edited By sammo21

@SpanxMcFranks: Arthur Gies always seem to come off as an ass on purpose anytime I listen to Rebel FM. Like he knows he's trolling but he's taking some sort of path of humility while still trolling. When he tried to argue that a game didn't look good because he knew it was using post processing was the point I just laughed him off. Maybe I'm wrong about him.

SpanxMcFranks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By SpanxMcFranks

@Sammo21: I feel like Arthur Gies is willing to talk about things he doesn't like just as much as the things he likes, that is why I like his stuff. He gives perspective on the good and bad things in games.

AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By AuthenticM

Dan Ryckert

Cathryn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#79  Edited By Cathryn

A lot of the dudes I used to really like are now working for game companies, but I like Jeremy Parish and Kevin VanOrd quite a lot, especially since they both still review JRPGs and their tastes often line up with mine, so if either of them like a game, chances are I will as well. I read their reviews as often as I can.

Aronman789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Aronman789

John Walker, Alec Meer and all those other lovable bastards at Rock Paper Shotgun