#1 Edited by Carnelust (8 posts) -

Quick Looks are one of the best things about Giant Bomb, and there's a special kind of magic born whenever the wit of our Bomb Squad meets the vast comedic potential of a bad game - when the team won't pull any punches and sacrifices, perhaps, objectivity and just generally fucks with the game.

What are some of the best examples of the Bombsters battling a less-than-perfect title? My personal favorite is, perhaps, when Ryan and Vinny teamed up and played them some darn Harry Potter:

#2 Posted by OneKillWonder_ (1834 posts) -

There certainly are a lot of them. That Ride to Hell QL from last week is definitely up there for me. Man, that game looks terrible, but it was almost nonstop laughs.

The Darkest of Days QL immediately comes to mind, too. It's still one of my favorites.

#3 Posted by Bell_End (1203 posts) -

horse meet rider

rider meet horse!

#4 Posted by dr_mantas (2057 posts) -

The Story Book one they did so long ago (Story Hour: Adventures). I think I could watch that at any time and laugh my ass off.

#5 Posted by CptMorganCA (211 posts) -

I'm a sucker for their QL's for those terrible Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune games. Didn't they even bring in Brad Muir for one of those? Magical.

#6 Posted by YI_Orange (1172 posts) -
#7 Posted by oodli (114 posts) -

Motorbike. Had to stop the video all the time because i could not breath from laughing so much.

#8 Posted by alexpiercey (5 posts) -

Ravaged is a pretty high bar.

"Designzz an' everything!"

#9 Posted by SecondPersonShooter (619 posts) -

Stor

The Story Book one they did so long ago (Story Hour: Adventures). I think I could watch that at any time and laugh my ass off.

This. I have never laughed so hard by myself than I did at Ryan's storyteller voice.

#10 Posted by Scampbell (499 posts) -

Moterbike was pretty hilarious too.

#11 Posted by jArmAhead (341 posts) -

"I can't see, I've got a beard for eyes!"
I gave up sex to show my girl that video. Worth every moment as she idly ignored me and the computer and promptly went to sleep. Probably, I don't know, I was too busy watching.

The darkest of Days Quick Look I remember being HILARIOUS the first time I watched it. It has lost some of it's edge from being watched so often but the moment when Jeff's punching that dead guy and he freaks out is the hardest I've ever laughed outside of the Wipeout Quick Look. Which is only not on this list because that game was too good to be bad.

#12 Posted by kerse (2118 posts) -

Used to be Darkest of Days and Story Hour Adventures, but man Motorbike and Ride to Hell had me in tears.

#13 Posted by Yummylee (22566 posts) -
#14 Edited by fraser (478 posts) -

Crash Time will always hold a special place in my heart.

Cop helmet

#15 Posted by Abendlaender (2889 posts) -

Ravaged, Darkest of Days, Motorbike, Ride to Hell, whatever that Rollercoaster game was, Crash Time, Wipeout, Harry Potter....there are too many...

#16 Posted by handlas (2755 posts) -

I saw no Vin Diesel Wheelman on that list above. That list is, thus, invalid. The part where the cop flips out of the exploding vehicle and then just stands right back up... never laughed so hard during a QL.

#17 Posted by BisonHero (7054 posts) -

I am still partial to the Jackie Chan Fists of Fire Quick Look with Jared Rea.

#18 Edited by DeathTrap (272 posts) -

Hah, yeah, those are all pretty good. I'd have to say Crash Time is my all time favorite, though.

#19 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

Rogue Warrior was a pretty good quick look of a bad game waaaay baaack when.

#20 Posted by Cold_Wolven (2295 posts) -

Rogue Warrior was so damn funny as a Quick Look but that game should never be played.

#21 Edited by SuperSolidSnake2019 (73 posts) -

Motorbike. The only thing wrong with it was...could have been 2 hours longer. They should play it on TNT...for the next 4 weeks!

#22 Posted by ArbitraryWater (12119 posts) -

I'm a pretty big fan of Roller Coaster Rampage.

#23 Edited by Miyuki (177 posts) -

Trains vs. zombies is my favorite. Who knew that train simulations could be so hilarious?

#24 Posted by MarkWahlberg (4610 posts) -

Dragonball.

Pretty sure that's as bad/great as it can get.

#25 Edited by TheThirdRLM (150 posts) -

Story Hour is by far my favorite go-to funny/bad Quick Look.

I want them to revisit so I can finally know about the Three Brothers!!

Second for me is a tie between Darkest of Days and Celebrity Poker.

#26 Posted by Sin4profit (3003 posts) -

I've always liked the Darkest of Days quick look.

...also "carnie lust", is a pretty great name.

#27 Posted by TheThirdRLM (150 posts) -

@miyuki: Pretty much ALL of the simulation games are amazing QLs, but the ending of the Trains VS Zombies QL was SOLID GOLD.

#28 Posted by ThePickle (4169 posts) -

Leisure Suit Larry: Box Office Bust

#29 Edited by ProfessorK (829 posts) -

Motorbike is a pretty strong contender but Theme Park Simulator (aka the birth of Big Jeffrey) is my favorite so far.

Also there's a guy doing the lords work and compiling the best moments of the QLs xpantherx:

#30 Edited by The_Hiro_Abides (1270 posts) -

Some of these are part of my all time favorites.

Also "Bitch, please."

#31 Posted by hermes (1610 posts) -

There is a quick look that ends with a montage of Jeff riding the waves. I can't remember the name of the game (it should be some Kinect game about surfing, I guess), but that image will be forever in my mind...

#32 Posted by Szlifier (513 posts) -

@hermes said:

There is a quick look that ends with a montage of Jeff riding the waves. I can't remember the name of the game (it should be some Kinect game about surfing, I guess), but that image will be forever in my mind...

It starts pretty great too.

#33 Edited by Ravelle (1410 posts) -

Ravaged is an all time classic for me, Motorbike was also great.

I can't recall a time where I laughed so hard at a video.

#34 Edited by LiK (925 posts) -

@bell_end said:

horse meet rider

rider meet horse!

Yup, my favorite too

#35 Posted by Nikoran (162 posts) -

Crash Time is my favourite. Those god damned accents, man.

#36 Posted by thebunnyhunter (1482 posts) -

@szlifier said:

@hermes said:

It starts pretty great too.

i wish they did more intros like that.

#37 Edited by hakunin (397 posts) -

The DragonBall The Movie fighting game for the PSP is my personal favorite

#38 Posted by Anomareh (101 posts) -

#skytrain4lyfe

#39 Edited by Daveyo520 (7003 posts) -

That Roller Coaster one with Big Jeffrey.

#40 Edited by TonyBlue87 (306 posts) -

There's also a dude called TheBurlapLemur who seems to have made it his mission to go through the ENTIRE QL catalog and cut out the best moments. He's really lacking in views. Let's change that!

#41 Posted by afabs515 (1328 posts) -

Motorbike and Ride to Hell: Retribution were two of the funniest things I've seen. The last time I laughed so hard was when Vinny and Jeff got instant killed in Persona 4 after an hour and a half of grinding. Great times on this site...

#42 Edited by tourgen (4542 posts) -

Man, so many good ones I can't even count. Maybe that's what grabbed me about this site. These guys seem to play games the way my friends and I do - do all the dumb shit we can think of maybe breaking the game along the way and making our own fun.

It's probably why I like games that unclench a little and ease off on the safety nets and guard rails. Let the player get into some trouble. Not every moment has to be a "cinematic experience."

recently though, Motorbike. And yep, that Ravaged QL was pretty fun.

#43 Posted by ElixirBronze (447 posts) -

I was at my cousin's house when this happened and the people in the room thought I was going to die.

#44 Posted by Miyuki (177 posts) -

I was at my cousin's house when this happened and the people in the room thought I was going to die.

This... this is the best video ever. I have now made everyone who comes to my house today watch it. Not so sure that they understand the hilarity of #1 and Morgan Fairchild in the same poker video, but oh well! I remember when this came out - I wanted to own it because I was a huge STTNG fan. My Dad pointed out that I didn't actually like poker, but whatever... this is awesomely terrible!

#45 Posted by Demoskinos (15156 posts) -

I'm surpised that so many people are saying Motorbike. I didn't really find it all that funny. Can't remember the last quick look that got me.

#46 Posted by Carnelust (8 posts) -

So! Yes, I am ressing an old topic but it's been another year of great Quick Looks and I think it might just be time for us to share some of our favorites, just like the days of old! My first pick is, as you can see above, that super-strange-anime-fighting-game. It's a great Quick Look, but I think the line "What a terrible time to find out you're a paraplegic" (reservation for slight aproxmiation in accuracy) is one of the funniest darn things I've ever heard.

So, play it again just like old times, what are your favorite Quick Looks of bad or simply absurd games, young and old!