• 54 results
Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Duders.

I decided to roll a new character in Dragon Age: Origins, and I got reminded of that awesome quote in the opening cinematic.

"Marvel at perfection, for it is fleeting"

This got me thinking about all the awesome quotes that are out there in the gaming sphere, and I wonder, what is your absolute favorite quote from a game?

gkhan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

bigjeffrey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By ArtisanBreads

"There are no choices. Nothing but a straight line. The illusion comes afterwards, when you ask "why me?" and "what if?". When you look back and see the branches, like a pruned bonsai tree, or forked lightning. If you had done something differently, it wouldn't be you, it would be someone else looking back, asking a different set of questions."

"A bomb went off in my head. The bullet lodged in my brain moved a fatal, microscopic distance."

"Fraternizing with the enemy. I had stepped over the edge. The cartoon moment when the gravity waits for the coyote to realize his mistake before the plunge."

Max Payne 2

Avatar image for video_game_king
Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 14

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccccccceeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

-Space Sphere, Portal 2

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also just thought of a random one I loved, just for whatever weird reason. Great game and it always stuck with me:

Loading Video...

emfromthesea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference... in the world."

The G-Man, Half Life 2

audiosnow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

crithon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 11

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#11  Edited By fisk0  Moderator
- Gloom, 1995.
- Gloom, 1995.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By soldierg654342

"Looks like God didn't make it!"

and

"You can't be dead! I was going to kill you!"

Heather Mason from Silent Hill 3. Heather is the fucking best.

gokaired

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, i've never thought about it before, this is gonna be hard.

ArtisanBreads

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legion_: To me Max Payne 2 has the best writing in any game. Few games really have memorable lines like that for me but there are a ton I can think of from Max Payne 2. Even the one about the dead cleaners being "a sign of her passing" was just a clever way to say something ordinary for a game or piece of action fiction. Much respect to Sam Lake.

Avatar image for royce_mccutcheon
Royce_McCutcheon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Snap.

Yummylee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 24

I need scissors. 61!

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierg654342: They look like monsters to you? Not a Heather quote but damn if it isn't still a fine quote, I love Silent Hill 3, I know in the SH world saying that any of them besides 2 is your favorite is sacrilege, but, Silent Hill 3 is totally my favorite.

In Cthulhu Dark Corners of the Earth, after you have a boss fight with Dagon on a boat where you use one of the boats missile launchers. You wash up on an island where you can find a Dagon statue and if you interact with it your character goes. "It's a statue of Dagon... without the missile I lodged in his face."
That was pretty great, and especially given how tough that game can be at times it felt like an earned phrase to say.

NMC2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

Loading Video...

soldierg654342

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By soldierg654342

@zolroyce said:

@soldierg654342: They look like monsters to you? Not a Heather quote but damn if it isn't still a fine quote, I love Silent Hill 3, I know in the SH world saying that any of them besides 2 is your favorite is sacrilege, but, Silent Hill 3 is totally my favorite.

I,3,2 for me. Which is like saying that I like the New York Strip more than the Rib-eye more than the Sirloin. It's all delicious steak in the end. 3 is certainly the all-around best in the series, and one of the very best game in the genre.

Do you know if Call of Cathulu is a busted on PC as they say? I really want to play it, but everything I hear and read tells me it's totally broken.

LawGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I've been replaying BG:EE. So many good quotes to choose from there, but I'll have to take this one. Perfect intro to one of the best characters ever.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Loading Video...

MegaLombax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I don't know about angels, but its fear that gives men wings" - Max Payne.

emprpngn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Stop right there, criminal scum!" and "You're the Grand Champion!" from Oblivion.

"Don't shoot! I'm with the science team" from Half-Life.

Legion_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierg654342: I've never had any issues with it, so I say go for it! Amazing game with a pretty solid story and tons of atmosphere.

Commisar123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

"How many times do I have to tell you? I DON'T SPEAK YOUR FUCKING LANGUAGE"

-Max

Max Payne 3

Avatar image for theoriginalatlas
Atlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 19

"So wake up, Mr. Freeman. Wake up and...smell the ashes" G-Man, opening of Half-Life 2

"Men are but flesh and blood - they know their doom, but not the hour" - Uriel Septim VII, opening dungeon of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

The "Is a Man Not Entitled to the Sweat of His Own Brow" monologue, Andrew Ryan, the intro of BioShock

"We impose order on the chaos of organic evolution. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it." Sovereign, Mass Effect

"We now have a dog, and Alistair is still the dumbest one in the party." - Morrigan, Dragon Age: Origins

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks for the input, Jeff

Avatar image for thebluthcompany
TheBluthCompany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bioshock 2 Good Ending dialogue:

And then father, the Rapture dream was over. You taught me that 'evil' is just a word. Under the skin, it's simple pain. For you, mercy was victory. You sacrificed, you endured, and when given the chance, you forgave. Always. Mother believed this world was irredeemable, but she was wrong, Father. We are Utopia, you and I, and in forgiving, we left the door open for her.

Also, Bioshock 2 is my favorite Bioshock game.

csl316

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just anything the Cyborg Ninja said in Metal Gear Solid. Though I'm partial to "Snake! Fire the stinger!!!" since it goes through my head when shooting rocket launchers in whatever.

armaan8014

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 17

Mass effect - Hold the line!

and

We'll bang, ok? :D

dethfish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By dethfish

Pretty much anything said by Mr. Torgue from Borderlands 2, but here's one line in particular.

Loading Video...

GunstarRed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By GunstarRed

I never trust a Frenchman. - Revolver/Liquid Ocelot

Vextroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@csl316 said:

Just anything the Cyborg Ninja said in Metal Gear Solid. Though I'm partial to "Snake! Fire the stinger!!!" since it goes through my head when shooting rocket launchers in whatever.

'At last, we can fight as warriors. Hand-to-hand: it is the basis of all combat. Only a fool trusts his life to a weapon.' is one of my favourites.

Sterling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I will kill your dicks!" -- Bulletstorm

"Everything is teetering on the edge of everything" and "This is Captain Martin Walker, United States Army. Attempted evacuation of Dubai ended in complete failure. Survivors... One too many." -- Spec Ops: The Line

"You Defeated" -- Dark Souls

bunnymud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rider meet horse.

Horse meet rider.

altairre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"There are no choices. Nothing but a straight line. The illusion comes afterwards, when you ask "why me?" and "what if?". When you look back and see the branches, like a pruned bonsai tree, or forked lightning. If you had done something differently, it wouldn't be you, it would be someone else looking back, asking a different set of questions."

I don't even remember that quote eventhough I played MP2 a couple of times. That's a good one.

Two quotes that come to my mind:

"It's not the end of the world but you can see it from here" - Deus Ex: Human Revolution

"Stand in the ashes of a trillion dead souls and ask the ghosts if honor matters" - Javik, Mass Effect 3

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Video_Game_King

@fredchuckdave:

Why the whole video? You could've just posted this:

No Caption Provided

And gotten the point across just as well.

ZolRoyce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@soldierg654342: Never experienced the PC version for myself, I played the xbox version, the PC one gets pretty cheap sometimes during steam sales and the reviews on if it is broken or not seem mixed, almost a luck of the draw thing.

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@video_game_king: That isn't ripping off one's own head; censoring to make things more disturbing is the best approach. But you sort of go quote by quote with that scene so might as well show the whole thing.

Video_Game_King

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fredchuckdave:

Wait, he rips it off? He doesn't blow his brains out? I'm guessing Namco altered it because the motion of ripping your head off doesn't translate well to still images.

He still blows them out, though.
He still blows them out, though.

Gargantuan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

War, war never changes. The end of the world occurred pretty much as we had predicted...

veektarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

From Vanquish

Sam to Colonel Burns: "I liked you better when I thought you were dead."

Colonel Burns to Sam: "I liked you better when I didn't have to listen to your shit!"

Fredchuckdave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Fredchuckdave

@video_game_king: No no, knives are (were?) bad so in the US version it's censored and he rips off his own arm then his head; in the Japanese version of the game he uses a knife to do those; but the part where he's ripping off his head is by far the most violent part in either scene (he does shoot himself in the head in Xenosaga 2)

There was some comically bad censoring in the last scene in Xenosaga 3 though.

CoinMatze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

"Mouthwash?! We don't need no stinking mouthwash!" - Rapp Scallion

fattony12000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By fattony12000

Source: Fattony12000, http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/general-discussion-30/best-villainous-quotes-436212/

Pious Augustus, from Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

I am the scourge of God, appointed to chastise you, since no one knows the remedy for your iniquity except me. You are wicked, but I am more wicked than you.

Jon Irenicus, from Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

Silence, dog. Your only purpose is to die by my hand.

Your actions affect so many others than yourself. You will come to realize what little choice you have. You will do what you must, become what you must, or others will pay for your cowardice. You WILL accept the gifts offered to you.

Life...is strength. That is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world. But is it what you want? You are...different inside. This woman lives and has strength of a sort. She lost her parents to plague, her husband to war, but she persevered. Her farm prospered, her children are well-fed, and her name respected throughout her land. She lived as she thought she should. And now she is dead. Her land will be divided, her children will move on, and she will be forgotten. She lived a good life, but she had no real power; she was a slave to death. I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten as she was. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?

I...I do not remember your love, Ellesime. I have tried to. I have tried to recreate it, to spark it anew in my memory. But it is gone...a hollow, dead thing. For years, I clung to the memory of it. Then the memory of the memory. And then nothing. The Seldarine took that from me, too. I look upon you and I feel nothing. I remember nothing but you turning your back on me, along with all the others. Once my thirst for power was everything. And now I hunger only for revenge. And...I...will...HAVE IT!!

AM, from I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream

Hate. Let me tell you how much I've come to hate you since I began to live. There are 387.44 million miles of printed circuits in wafer thin layers that fill my complex. If the word 'hate' was engraved on each nanoangstrom of those hundreds of miles it would not equal one one-billionth of the hate I feel for humans at this micro-instant. For you. Hate. HATE.

Ellen! So think, think about the yellow box, Ellen! Remember the pain? Remember the many caverns in which you felt the pain? Now, now, don't start to cry, it's only pain. Tsk, tsk, tsk. That's such a sexist stereotype. Just remember the pain, Ellen, and think about how to end it, Ellen, to survive here in the center of my beating heart, my hungry belly, my tightened bowels.

Andrew Ryan, from BioShock

I am Andrew Ryan, and I'm here to ask you a question. Is a man not entitled to the sweat of his brow? 'No!' says the man in Washington, 'It belongs to the poor.' 'No!' says the man in the Vatican, 'It belongs to God.' 'No!' says the man in Moscow, 'It belongs to everyone.' I rejected those answers; instead, I chose something different. I chose the impossible. I chose...Rapture, a city where the artist would not fear the censor, where the scientist would not be bound by petty morality, Where the great would not be constrained by the small! And with the sweat of your brow, Rapture can become your city as well.

Dr. Wallace Breen, from Half-Life 2: Episode One

Tell me, Dr. Freeman, if you can. You have destroyed so much. What is it, exactly, that you have created? Can you name even one thing? I thought not.

Kain, from Blood Omen: Legacy of Kain

I am the last Pillar. The only survivor of the Circle of Nine. At my whim the world will be healed or damned. At my whim.

Vae Victus. Suffering to the conquered. Ironic that now I was the one suffering. Not anything as pedestrian as physical pain. Rather the cruel jab of impotent anger - the hunger for revenge. I didn't care if I was in Heaven or Hell - all I wanted was to kill my assassins. Sometimes you get what you wish for. The Necromancer Mortanius offered me a chance for vengeance. And like a fool, I jumped at his offer without considering the cost. Nothing is free, not even revenge.

The world had changed to my eyes. I had not expected such cruelty from the light. For in the embrace of the sun, I could find no comfort, only malice. This would change in time for the worse, along with other things.

Sovereign, from Mass Effect

Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh, you touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.

There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it. I am beyond your comprehension. I am Sovereign.

Your civilization is based on the technology of the mass relays. Our technology. By using it, your civilization develops along the paths we desire. We impose order on the chaos of organic life. You exist because we allow it, and you will end because we demand it.

We have no beginning. We have no end. We are infinite. Millions of years after your civilization has been eradicated and forgotten, we will endure.

We are legion. The time of our return is coming. Our numbers will darken the sky of every world. You cannot escape your doom.

Your words are as empty as your future. I am the Vanguard of your destruction. This exchange is over...

HK-47, from Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic I & II

I would have congratulated him, if he had not been sizzling and incoherent at the time. If you will excuse me, I will meditate on the face of my old master as he was being electrocuted. I find it most soothing.

Observation: I am a droid, master, with programming. Even if I did not enjoy killing, I would have no choice. Thankfully, I enjoy it very much.

Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope.

Statement: This definition, I am told, is subject to interpretation. Obviously, love is a matter of odds. Not many meatbags could make such a shot, and fewer would derive love from it. Yet for me, love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticle, and together, achieving a singular purpose, against statistically long odds.

Statement: I have already learned a great deal, master, and I am anxious to learn more of lying, betrayal, and new ways to harm innocents.

Answer: Select grenades, sonic screamers, cluster rockets, and plasma charges. Mines are also effective, since many Jedi will run to meet you in hand to hand combat. Silly Jedi.

Avatar image for themanwithnoplan
TheManWithNoPlan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gotta catch'em all - Pokemon

Even though it's a clever marketing slogan, I still hold fond memories of it as I tried to catch'em all years ago. Now I'm satisfied to catch only my favorites.

Karmosin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"What can change the nature of a man?" -Ravel Puzzlewell.

Planescape: Torment spoilers below!!

"If there is anything I have learned in my travels across the Planes, it is that many things may change the nature of a man. Whether regret, or love, or revenge or fear - whatever you believe can change the nature of a man, can. I’ve seen belief move cities, make men stave off death, and turn an evil hag's heart half-circle. This entire Fortress has been constructed from belief. Belief damned a woman, whose heart clung to the hope that another loved her when he did not. Once, it made a man seek immortality and achieve it. And it has made a posturing spirit think it is something more than a part of me." - The nameless one

UitDeToekomst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By UitDeToekomst

"Eat light, you stupid machine!" - BioForge guy

GERALTITUDE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers