#1 Posted by xXMuzikPH4NtomxX (2 posts) -

Hi, just wanted to know what everyones favorite sports title soundtrack is. I picked sports titles because they are the only games that stream popular music during gameplay (racing games included).  

The ones that come to mind for me are Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 and 2.  

#2 Posted by Gizmo (5389 posts) -

Goldfinger - Superman brings back so many memories.

#3 Posted by rjayb89 (7717 posts) -

Yup, you hit the nail on the head.  Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2.

#4 Posted by TaliciaDragonsong (8698 posts) -

God, many of them. 
 The Tony Hawks used to have awesome music, SSX is also great, I can't really choose!

#5 Posted by Redbullet685 (6027 posts) -

Tony hawk, MVP baseball 2005, Skate games.

#6 Posted by ColinRyan (295 posts) -

After months and months of listening to it over and over one of the recent Fifa's had a good one.

#7 Posted by mracoon (4955 posts) -
@xXMuzikPH4NtomxX:  I forget which year of FIFA it was but it had a Kings of Leon track in the intro video.
#8 Posted by Hockeymask27 (3683 posts) -

I always liked NHL 06 and FIFA 06.

#9 Posted by Video_Game_King (36047 posts) -

Wouldn't know, not a fan of sports.

#10 Posted by ShadowKing7 (753 posts) -

Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 2 hands down.  Also a fan of the music from NBA Street Vol. 2.
#11 Posted by gakon (1945 posts) -

Which one has that Del the Funky Homosapien song?  I think it's Tony Hawk 3 but it might be 4.  As for my favorites I pick one of those two games.

#12 Posted by cap123 (2477 posts) -

Does Burnout 3 count? 

If not Fifa 98 Road to the World Cup :)

#13 Posted by Dr_VonBoogie (348 posts) -

SSxX 3 for me

#14 Posted by sjolle (165 posts) -

yep tony hawk ftw

#15 Posted by Djeffers03 (2545 posts) -

Burnout 3, Skate 1, Fifa 06.

#16 Posted by sickVisionz (1268 posts) -

Lame answer: ESPN NFL 2K5.  You could add clips from your music library for like 50 different gameplay scenarios (ie score a rushing touchdown, 4th down conversion, failed 3rd down version, punt return, etc) and the game would let you choose exactly where in the song you wanted to start the clip so you could start it off on the perfect lyric for the situation. 

I don't know why every sports game didn't steal that mechanic

#17 Posted by bkfountain (102 posts) -

you aren't supposed to end the thread with the opening post. Tony Hawk had awesome soundtracks, and most other sports games just throw recent shit in to make money.

#18 Posted by carlthenimrod (1588 posts) -

Bases Loaded for NES.

Ohhhhh yeah...

#19 Posted by DrDarkStryfe (1089 posts) -

Tony Hawk's 2 and 3.

#20 Posted by ShawnS (162 posts) -

NBA Street Vol. 2 fo' sho!

#21 Posted by Aaron_G (1611 posts) -

My favorite sports game was like Blitz 2000 or something like that. 

#22 Posted by BackpackKat (462 posts) -

The early Tony Hawk's hands down!

#23 Posted by TheGreatGuero (9130 posts) -

I'm leaning towards Tony Hawk's Underground 2. I think it had the best soundtrack in the series. I'd rank THUG1's at 2nd place, maybe THPS3 at 3rd.

@sickVisionz said:

" Lame answer: ESPN NFL 2K5.  You could add clips from your music library for like 50 different gameplay scenarios (ie score a rushing touchdown, 4th down conversion, failed 3rd down version, punt return, etc) and the game would let you choose exactly where in the song you wanted to start the clip so you could start it off on the perfect lyric for the situation.  I don't know why every sports game didn't steal that mechanic "
Dude, that sounds brilliant. Why can't every game do that?