#1 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

#2 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

I compared my list and Alex has the most shared list to my own (Hotline Miami, Sleeping Dogs and TWD) but Vinny's Binary Domain pick made a reeeal strong contender.

#3 Posted by Snail (8606 posts) -

Either Jeff's or Alex's I think.

I don't remember them all thoroughly though.

#4 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

Which one had a game I've played? I'll go with that one.

#5 Posted by Ravenlight (8040 posts) -

Drew. Because Drew.

@Video_Game_King said:

Which one had a game I've played? I'll go with that one.

So, none of them?

#6 Posted by Bocam (3764 posts) -

Jeff's for mentioning P4G

#7 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Ravenlight:

Pretty much. I'm guessing Asura's Wrath and Dear Esther didn't make it anywhere?

#8 Posted by BeachThunder (11994 posts) -

Can we get some lists in this thread? I can't remember all of them verbatim...

#9 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

Can we get some lists in this thread? I can't remember all of them verbatim...

I just looked at my own list and remembered how many people had that on their list.

#10 Edited by BabyChooChoo (4540 posts) -

Vinny because my mouse has been hovering around that add to cart button on the Book of Unwritten Tales page this entire sale and he just convinced me to pick it up.

#11 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

@Video_Game_King said:

@Ravenlight:

Pretty much. I'm guessing Asura's Wrath and Dear Esther didn't make it anywhere?

asura's wrath made it on three lists actually (brad, Ryan and... patrick? I think)

#12 Posted by Video_Game_King (36272 posts) -

@Animasta:

Great. Now they're tied. Did Pokemon Conquest or something make it on there? I'll even settle for Kid Icarus, despite not having played it.

#13 Posted by Galiant (2193 posts) -

Regardless of the games, I feel that Jeff is always the most professional in front of a camera which means I enjoy watching anything he's in. He got my vote.

I hardly even remember who picked what, but I enjoyed watching them talk about their favorite games of the year either way...

#14 Posted by HerbieBug (4212 posts) -

Drew's is my favorite.

Most baffling is Patrick's. That list reads like he took games he liked best off the list because he knew they would be mentioned by others. Felt insincere to me.

#15 Posted by dr_mantas (1914 posts) -

Brad or Vinny. Cause Mass Effect 3.

#16 Posted by Demoskinos (14886 posts) -

Jeff because he knows what's up. Although I do respect the hell out of Dragons Dogma nod too.

#17 Posted by PhantomGardener (464 posts) -

Patrick's. I think hes the only one that had Dishonored on his list?

#18 Posted by Mastertarvin (53 posts) -

Jeff, he generally has the same taste in games as I do, and his hatred for ME3, TWD, and Asura's Wrath fall right in line with the way I feel about those games. But to each their own, that's what great about games there's something for everyone.

#19 Posted by JacDG (2127 posts) -

Brad, if I remember correctly he had Dust, Trials, TWD, Journey, Far Cry 3, Asura's Wrath and ME3, all games I really loved this year.

#20 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

I've made the first poll about the crew where Vinny isn't winning

I feel proud of that somehow

#21 Posted by EquitasInvictus (2030 posts) -

@Animasta: No! It - it can't be!

(Proceeds to vote for Vinny)

But yeah he definitely had a lot of the games I liked in a similar order! Sleeping Dogs is definitely in my top 3, too, I was actually surprised to not see it as prevalent this year's GOTY lists -- unless I'm totally tripping on hunk or something.

#22 Edited by DrShilliams (86 posts) -

Didn't like any of them, but I doubt I even played 10 games this year.

#23 Posted by GunstarRed (5213 posts) -

My tastes don't really match up with anyone's this year, but Patrick had the most interesting list and I felt like Brad backed up his opinions well.

#24 Posted by PillClinton (3291 posts) -

Vinny, cuz Binary Domain and Sleeping Dogs, two of my faves this year.

#25 Posted by Ares42 (2691 posts) -

I liked Drews video the best. As far as list goes I didn't really agree much with anyone this year. I guess probably Jeff as I have no love for TWD and I at least agree with his top 2 being good games (which I can't say for anyone else).

#26 Posted by SirOptimusPrime (2011 posts) -

Vinny because Sleeping Dogs.

#27 Posted by UitDeToekomst (717 posts) -

I have to go with Jeff's despite the fact that he had some choices that I disagreed with pretty significantly. The reason I chose him is because he is the only one who didn't have The Walking Dead on his list, I think that is the game I least enjoyed of the many i played this year. Insult me all you wish for that, but I strongly disliked it.

#28 Posted by AlexW00d (6283 posts) -

Vinny cause he seemed to enjoy some games that weren't just the usual riff-raff.

#29 Posted by BBAlpert (1490 posts) -

@BabyChooChoo said:

Vinny because my mouse has been hovering around that add to cart button on the Book of Unwritten Tales page this entire sale and he just convinced me to pick it up.

Good choice. It's really an excellent game. The spinoff/prequel/side-story thing The Critter Chronicles is also fantastic.

#30 Posted by ssj4raditz (1125 posts) -

Patrick because shut up.

#31 Posted by ImmortalSaiyan (4683 posts) -

I don't know. Alex probably had the closest to mine with the high love for Journey and The Walking Dead. Plus he had Sleeping Dogs.

#32 Posted by Mezmero (1931 posts) -

I liked Ryan and Jeff's lists a lot but Brad had like 7 of the games I had on my own top ten so I have got to give it to him. He was just a little twisted on the order.

#33 Posted by Slag (4459 posts) -

As usual Vinny's tastes are probably the most similar to mine.

#34 Posted by granderojo (1789 posts) -

His taste most align with my own. Also Sleeping Dogs was so good, how dare they threaten to cut it!

#35 Posted by Sidoran (70 posts) -

I voted for Jeff because he gave Persona 4: Golden it's props.

Also, Vinny is now winning the poll quite handily. :P

#36 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

Jeff's cos it didn't have The Walking Dead, it had Persona 4 (both of them) and cos it was a top 11 cos fuck the system.

#37 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Jeff cause Syndicate

#38 Posted by DevourerOfTime (377 posts) -

Ah jeez. I forgot about Jeff including Persona 4 Arena & Persona 4 Golden (kinda). I wish I could change my vote now.

#40 Posted by DarthOrange (3864 posts) -

I picked Patrick but both he and Alex had great lists and backed them up well.

#41 Edited by ThePaleKing (613 posts) -

Alex, because of how high he put Hotline Miami, and for his defense of it in the GOTY talks. How Syndicate and ZombiU got on the list but not Hotline Miami is beyond me.

#42 Posted by Animasta (14698 posts) -

@Gap said:

@Animasta said:

I've made the first poll about the crew where Vinny isn't winning

I feel proud of that somehow

Not so fast champ

people just voted for him to prove me wrong

#43 Posted by Gradev (43 posts) -

Vinny, he mixed it up a little. Plus gave Binary Domain, Sleeping Dogs & X-Com their dues

#44 Posted by xCharlieSheen (75 posts) -

@Mastertarvin: Jeff's hard to figure out. He loves the open world of Far Cry 3, the side stuff, and hunting animals. Voted it his #1, I also believe Grand theft auto was his #1 a few years ago, yet, he hated Red Dead Redemption, That makes NO SENSE. It seems that the Giantbomb crew kind of alternates year to year as far as the GOTY stuff go's and who gets their way. Last year, Jeff got the shaft. This year Jeff got his way pretty much. Far Cry and Fez are way to high on the overall list and the fact that Syndicate made the top 10 overall is ridiculous. I like both Borderlands 2 and Darkness 2 over Syndicate.

#45 Posted by s10129107 (1183 posts) -

Vinny had some cool, unique games.

#46 Posted by Neurotic (632 posts) -

@xCharlieSheen said:

Jeff's hard to figure out. He loves the open world of Far Cry 3, the side stuff, and hunting animals. Voted it his #1, I also believe Grand theft auto was his #1 a few years ago, yet, he hated Red Dead Redemption, That makes NO SENSE.

I've seen this complaint elsewhere. I don't see why he has to be consistent. Maybe it just didn't grab him. Besides I think he said he didn't like the Western setting of RDR. Which makes total sense as to why he could like GTA IV and Far Cry 3 and not RDR.

#47 Edited by Roger778 (958 posts) -

I chose Vinny's list, because his video was so damn entertaining to watch. Brad would be second place for me.

#48 Posted by Hunter5024 (5709 posts) -

Brad's for the audacity. I also think his list will end up closest to mine in terms of content if not order.

#49 Posted by xCharlieSheen (75 posts) -

@Neurotic: I know he didn't really care for the setting in Red Dead, but the gap between picking similar games #1, and not even playing through Red Dead is what I don't get. Plus Red Dead had a much better narrative than Far Cry 3. Which even Jeff admits the story in FC3 falls apart. I believe the Walking Dead was #2 on 4 different staff lists and #1 on Patrick and Alex's list. I was shocked it didn't win overall GOTY. Especially since X-COM was never really mentioned(nominated) in any category leading up to the final day, Walking Dead won 3 times (best debut,best Downloadable, best Story) plus the boys dedicated 40 min of a podcast just to TWD discussing their favorite episode. It felt like X-Com just swooped in at the last minute at took the final prize. Jeff's dislike for the TWD, was probably the main reason. I have a lot of respect for him, but the fact that a Call of Duty game is on his top 10, and a mediocre game like Syndicate was #7 on the overall list, because of him, I disagree with Jeff this year.

#50 Posted by DystopiaX (5320 posts) -

Jeff. Liked most of the same shit he did this year.