Favorite teams/armies in video games

Avatar image for eternalnothingness
EternalNothingness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For me, my favorite team in video games would be Commander Shepard's Normandy Squad from the Mass Effect trilogy, and that's mostly because of the huge mixture of different skill-sets and deep, intricate character-arcs. Honorary mentions goes to the Investigation Team from Persona 4, as well as Isaac and Felix's respective groups from the Golden Sun two-part game series.

As for army, again, it's from the Mass Effect trilogy, and that was the multi-racial coalition fleet from the third game. Honorary mentions go to the Terrans, Protoss, and Zerg from the Starcraft series, the Alliance and Horde from Warcraft, and probably Eddie Riggs' Ironheade army from Brutal Legend.

fisk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 75

#2 fisk0  Moderator

Favorite teams in the way you use the word is hard, since all my favorites I can think of are from games where you create your own 6-8 person party from scratch at the start of the game. I probably liked the variety of classes, races and stats in Wizardry 8 the most, so that'll have to take it.

As for favorite armies, I think the Brotherhood of NOD in the original Command & Conquer was pretty interesting. That first game went some really interesting places, before they settled for a more distant future setting in the later mainline C&C games. NOD in that first game was pretty much a cross between the Scientologists and the Aum Shinrikyo cult, a manipulative, media savvy, high tech terror cult.

Mixin_Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Chicago Blackhawks

nightriff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 7

#4  Edited By nightriff

DA: O party, don't remember if they actually had a name but that was a bad ass group of people.

Bo Jackson in Super Tecmo Bowl

FoxHound

STARS

Jokers Henchmen

Levius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

FOXHOUND

UNSC

The Last Battalion

The Kreisau Circle

bmccann42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Halfling Slingers in Master or Magic

Aegon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#7  Edited By Aegon

Investigation Team and Squad 7 come to mind. Also the Q-force from Ratchet and Clank: UYA.

Although you have a party in practically every RPG, so the line is kind of blurry when you want to distinguish between a team and a party.

Doskias

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know if they had a name, but I liked the little team of freedom fighters that Link occasionally hung out with in Twilight Princess. It was kind of refreshing to see a version of Hyrule where someone other than Link got some shit done.

enragedstump

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought the Helgasts were pretty cool, or at least looked awesome. As mentioned above the Brotherhood of NOD was AWESOME. Also going off that i thought the Yuri's Army (forget the name) in C&C Yuri's Revenge was cool.

DA: O party, don't remember if they actually had a name but that was a bad ass group of people.

Bo Jackson in Super Tecmo Bowl

FoxHound

STARS

Jokers Henchmen

Don't think the group in DA:O had a name, just a rag tag group of bad asses.

Avatar image for deactivated-60dda8699e35a
deactivated-60dda8699e35a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FOR THE ALLIANCE!!!!!

Spoonman671

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers