#1 Posted by BlueLantern1995 (102 posts) -

If this topic has been made, I couldn't find it... Well anyway, Mine is Uncharted 2: Among Thieves...what is yours?

#2 Posted by Terramagi (1159 posts) -

New Vegas.

It was everything I ever wanted. A franchise, stolen from its original owners, given back to them one last time. And they knocked it out of the fucking park (for the most part. Fuck Lonesome Road. Should've just been a way to reimplement Legion content that was cut).

#3 Edited by AndrewB (7689 posts) -

Complicated.

I still feel like the greatest accomplishment was Baldur's Gate 2. From a character and storytelling perspective, no other game better combined the two together with fantastic voice work and art direction. The only problem it has is this: Dungeons and Dragons never translated perfectly from pen-and-paper role playing to video game form.

That's where Dragon Age: Origins came in and took the top spot in my mind. Every origin story and the overarching changes it carried with it made it worth playing that game the entire way through multiple times, and experiencing every character type. Even though I ultimately liked a couple of characters from Dragon Age II more than all of the ones from Origins combined, their overall quality is leagues better. Best of all, it *plays* amazingly well. As a system cribbing from PnP RPGs but designed for video games, combat is slow and tactical, but fun. It's exactly the kind of game I want to play.

Then if you want my "most hours played of any video game ever" choice, it's Civilization V (and Gods and Kings only further solidifies its awesomeness). Steam is an inaccurate way of measuring playtime, but even taking that into account, my hours played is obscene to the point of being shameful, if not for the fact that I probably would have been playing other games if it didn't exist and it probably saved me some money in the long run. The only reason it doesn't take my top spot is because I'm a sucker for characters and story.

#4 Posted by BaneFireLord (2957 posts) -

Oblivion. Certainly, Morrowind has a more unique setting and Skyrim is better across the board, but the sheer amount of stuff to do in Oblivion was absolutely mind boggling for a kid whose previous gaming experience had been mostly composed of linear platformers and RTS games.

#5 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

Use the search bar to find topics.

#6 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

Even if you couldn't find it, did you honestly and truly think that this thread would not exist already?

#7 Posted by BeachThunder (12407 posts) -
#8 Posted by BeachThunder (12407 posts) -

@BlueLantern1995 said:

I checked Google, Ask, and all the other search engines, I even did the Search forums function on the site and nothing absolutely nothing came up for me... I thought it was odd and that it may have been deleted from the site...

I have no idea what's up with the 7th result...
#9 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@BlueLantern1995: Use the search function here.

#10 Posted by JesterJacketMan (4 posts) -

Planescape Torment

#11 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@BeachThunder: beat me to it. -_-

#12 Posted by Canteu (2821 posts) -

@BeachThunder: And that doesn't even include the spelling "Favourite". There's plenty of those aswell.

#13 Posted by SHADOWINFINITE (545 posts) -

Uncharted franchise is cool.

#14 Posted by EVO (3941 posts) -

Uncharted 3 is both my favourite video game, and the game with my favourite breasts.

#15 Posted by A_Talking_Donkey (262 posts) -

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo has my favorite breasts.

#16 Posted by Phatmac (5726 posts) -

Stop asking dumb questions.

#17 Posted by falserelic (5407 posts) -

It happens man don't worry about it. As for me my favorite game is the remake for resident evil.....

#18 Posted by 49th (2844 posts) -

tf2

#19 Posted by Trylks (829 posts) -

This shouldn't be a thread, this should be some kind of poll that is not supported in most modern forums.

That's why the thread appears again and again, it's a technological limitation.

I can't choose, thus I won't.

#20 Posted by atomic_dumpling (2482 posts) -

@Guided_By_Tigers How did I miss all of those? I checked Favorite and Favourite and nothing came up...I knew it had to have been mentioned, but yeesh! How did that many not come up on the search engine?

Whatever you put in that search box, it always returns just a bunch of random-ass blogs.
#21 Posted by Cyrus_Saren (540 posts) -

Suikoden 2.

#22 Posted by DivineShadow777 (106 posts) -

Catherine on consoles and The World Ends With You for Handhelds.

#23 Posted by Demoskinos (15136 posts) -

Game with you favorite breasts. Now that is a topic.

#24 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

Use the search bar to find topics.

If only that actually worked.

#25 Posted by D_train_lives (106 posts) -

Deus Ex: Human Revolution its got a little bit of everything I love all in one hot little package

#26 Posted by Redbullet685 (6084 posts) -

Bioshock. Just love the setting, characters, story, everything really. Even the gameplay.

#27 Posted by believer258 (12184 posts) -

Super Metroid.

#28 Posted by The_Tolman (435 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

I checked Google, Ask, and all the other search engines, I even did the Search forums function on the site and nothing absolutely nothing came up for me... I thought it was odd and that it may have been deleted from the site...

I know what topic I'm going to... if ya know what I mean heh.

#29 Posted by The_Tolman (435 posts) -

Im expecting the "Game with your favorite breasts?" thread to be on front page in minutes.

#30 Posted by FancySoapsMan (5818 posts) -

Persona 3: FES

#31 Posted by chrissedoff (2167 posts) -

Quest for Glory IV

#32 Posted by Guided_By_Tigers (8061 posts) -

@Dagbiker: It does work as me and BeachThunder showed....You have to check the topics box in the search bar drop down menu in order to search for topics.

#33 Posted by Dagbiker (6978 posts) -

@BraveToaster said:

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

@Dagbiker: It does work as me and BeachThunder showed....You have to check the topics box in the search bar drop down menu in order to search for topics.

Stop making sense! :)

For as long as I have been here, I just assumed that the search in the upper right, labeled "Search Forums" was for searching the forums. Odd.

#34 Posted by Irvandus (2879 posts) -

Tic-Tac-Toe

No not Tic Vs Toe the one with the terrible rpg elements.

#35 Posted by BraveToaster (12588 posts) -

@Dagbiker said:

@BraveToaster said:

@Guided_By_Tigers said:

Stop making sense! :)

For as long as I have been here, I just assumed that the search in the upper right, labeled "Search Forums" was for searching the forums. Odd.

You were searching forums when you should've be searching topics.

#36 Posted by Joeyoe31 (820 posts) -

Okami.

#37 Posted by HisDudeness (254 posts) -

Shadow Of The Colossus...? Or maybe MGS3. Or maybe Half-Life 2.

#38 Posted by mjmcclane (5 posts) -

THE ADVENTURES OF LINK

i know its a old game but, still fun to play ...

#39 Posted by thebipsnbeeps (558 posts) -

I don't care if this is the thousandth time I've seen this, fucking Viewtiful Joe.

#40 Posted by frankfartmouth (1018 posts) -

Majora's Mask I'd say. Metroid Prime would be close behind

#41 Posted by Genkkaku (738 posts) -

@Cyrus_Saren said:

Suikoden 2.

This a thousand times

@Demoskinos said:

Game with you favorite breasts. Now that is a topic.

Also this

#42 Posted by StarvingGamer (8555 posts) -

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions

#43 Posted by Lost_Remnant (138 posts) -

Timesplitters 2.

The game had an "insomnia" stat in the stats section which was basically how much you played the game in a single session before turning it off. Let's just say it's an embarrassing number. I also never just let that game run without playing for any long period of time. Never not be Timesplittin' son.

#44 Posted by Talksin (39 posts) -

If I had to pick one it would be Final Fantasy 6

#45 Posted by CODA117 (30 posts) -

Halo franchise....Can't get enough of blowin' crap up.

#46 Posted by SnowPin (50 posts) -

Link's Awakening DX

#47 Posted by zombiepenguin9 (529 posts) -

Oblivion. It brought me back to video games after several years of not playing. And I've played the crap out of that game.

#48 Posted by Napalm (9020 posts) -

@BeachThunder said:

@BlueLantern1995 said:

Mine is any game with breasts. Thanks, Giant Bomb!